How often do you play Pazaak in KOTOR?

How often do you play Pazaak when you play KOTOR?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you play Pazaak when you play KOTOR?

• I play every Pazaak player until they bust
    • I play lots of Pazaak in every game
    • I play some Pazaak
    • I don't play Pazaak much
    • I dislike Pazaak, and avoid it
    • I really dislike Pazaak, never even buying a deck
    • I hate Pazaak. ALL THOSE FREAKING NPC NATURAL 20s!

I've seen some people who love it, and others who hate it. Let's do a little survey....

BTW, by 'busting' I mean driving that Pazaak player until they won't play you for money or cards anymore. I don't think it can be done with Gelrood, but any of the others is fair game. :huh:

Ivan what movie is your avator from

I HATE pazzak becasue the person your playing against always get the cards they need to get 20, cheating B@$t@rds grrrr. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Would you guys recommend the movie?

As for Pazaak, the game would had solid foundations and rules, but rampant cheating kills the experience FAST. Frustration sets in quickly. It makes me wonder how come I didn't turn to the dark side everytime I play Pazaak.

post-1139-1093733697_thumb.jpg

This is the creation of a very insecure person, they are just trying to convince themselfs that they are a worthy human being. There is no need, every one here is a post-1139-1093733743.gif too.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

post-1139-1093733697_thumb.jpg

This is the creation of a very insecure person, they are just trying to convince themselfs that they are a worthy human being. There is no need, every one here is a post-1139-1093733743.gif too.

Would you stop being a troll, please?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Equilibrium rocks. Way better than the Matrix. Reminiscent of 1984 (the book, not the year).

I didn't like Pazaak. I LOVE blackjack, but I don't really like Pazaak.

The way it works bothers me, having only four cards that you can use the ENTIRE game, it just makes the game more frustrating. So I try to conserve the cards, then I use one to get 20, and the computer 85% of the time gets 20 also. Or I get a 19 and they'd get a natural 20.

And whenever I win the first to rounds, they always, always, 100% of the time make a miraculous comeback.

I didn't know that Suvam Tan gives you a discount if you beat him. How much of a discount? How many times do you have to beat him?

I'm just trying to get back into my Geeky Star Wars Persona (this is a kotor forum after all). I have found other forums where I can be cool (as in less geeky). B)

I know, i'm the same way. post-1139-1093771796.gif

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Equilibrium rocks. Way better than the Matrix. Reminiscent of 1984 (the book, not the year).

I didn't think it was better than the Matrix. The concept was cool, but that Gun-Kata was so ripped-off from the Matrix that it wasn't original anymore.

1984 is the best year ever, btw. B)

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

What I find with Pazaak is that it feels rigged, but it's either rigged for or against you predetermined. There were occasions where if I were down say 2 to nothing the computer would give me a break with a string of natural 20s. I'm talking suspicious stuff like 2 nat 20s in a row! Other games no matter what I tried the computer would beat me. I guess this would be just evidence stating that the game is truly random, except I find that it actually helps ME too much :biggrin:)

Try playing for card advantage. Refrain from using your hand cards and even hit on high numbers say like 16 or 17. You'll find that maybe half the time you'll get EXACTLY the card you were looking for to win, which if truly random happens about 20% of the time.