Hey guys,

Pretty simple: the standard one that seems very effective is taking a Fanatic (Paladin mclass) and getting Mental Fortress.

However, what are some of the other options? Can Monks, Fighters or Ciphers get a similar effect through a spell or ability, at this time? Druids, maybe? Wizards? I'm thinking one of the quick-buffing classes like Wizard or alpha strike classes like Cipher would do great with a zerker, but I'm just worried it won't be as easy/possible to get rid of the annoying confusion effect?

• Like 1

I believe their debuff can be countered by any type of coressponding buff, and it doesn't have to come from your character, it can be casted by your party member, allowing you to go full berserker (without multiclass) for a much stonger character overall.

When you say self int-buffs, though, you mean in a sense that buffs cancel out maluses right? So technically, you're not actually immune to the confusion, you're just mitigating that malus to INT, while still targeting at random (enemies or allies). Which would make it a worse option than being straight up immune to the effect, wouldn't it? Still, useful enough in certain scenarios, I guess. Paladin just seems too good to pass up in almost any multi-class combo, hah.

Edited by EbonKnight

When you say self int-buffs, though, you mean in a sense that buffs cancel out maluses right? So technically, you're not actually immune to the confusion, you're just mitigating that malus to INT, while still targeting at random (enemies or allies). Which would make it a worse option than being straight up immune to the effect, wouldn't it? Still, useful enough in certain scenarios, I guess. Paladin just seems to good to pass up in almost any multi-class combo, hah.

I also think that Monk has no way to offset Confusion effect. Thought my solution (playing Shattered Pillar/Berserker now) is to simply make rest of the party range and I don't have to worry about Carnage at all as I am the only front liner. 

I'd say Monk is too good to pass in many multi-class combos, though Paladin is also good. I was thinking about making Shattered Pillar/Bleak Walker combo, but Berserker and naked fists spoke more to me :D

• Like 1

Svef makes you immune to int afflictions, so just having your Berserker as a drug addict is one effective way to go. I'm just not sure how plentiful/convenient it is to have a big stash of Svef available at all times. 

I'm probably restarting tonight as a Skald/Barbarian, but not sure if I want to go Berserker or not. The extra 30% crit is great for Skald, but if might not be worth it if I can't reliably mitigate the int penalty.

Edited by Anoregon
  • Like 2

^Damn, what about that and that druggy monk class? That just sounds absolutely positively disgusting. A drunken master on steroids. I'm kinda annoyed at how good monk is cause I just kinda cannot get behind a monk Watcher, especially not in this setting, which SCREAMS some sorta swashbuckly character. However, a psychotic druggy drunk brawler might just be the ticket :D

When you say self int-buffs, though, you mean in a sense that buffs cancel out maluses right? So technically, you're not actually immune to the confusion, you're just mitigating that malus to INT, while still targeting at random (enemies or allies). Which would make it a worse option than being straight up immune to the effect, wouldn't it? Still, useful enough in certain scenarios, I guess. Paladin just seems too good to pass up in almost any multi-class combo, hah.

Still targeting random? Confusion isnt like bg2 if i got it right, it's "just" that your skill that normally hits only enemies (i.e. Carnage) will hit allies aswell, you dont lose control of your character. Also any int buff cancel any int debuff (confusion) so with clarity of mind of monk you just dispell it, same with the improved barrage thing of warrior which gives acute, same with the 3rd lv priest spell that gives smart

• Like 1

Ooooh right. Yeah, my bad.. that's a whole lot better actually, thanks. Opens up other options, so I imagine a really boring mix of Devoted/Berserker is disgustingly powerful and has no issues with confusion still. Ah, man.. too many choices. :D If money's as ridiculously unimportant as it was in PoE, though, a drug-addled monk zerker still sounds the most fun, though xD

Edited by EbonKnight

• 1 month later...

Casting Infuse before becoming berserk will not offset Confusion or?

It will. You use Infuse at the start so your subsequent buffs get a duration bonus.

Just tested it and right you are it works like you say though I remember it differently, Confused removed the Smart buff.