Ocean Graphics Bug?

Modern_Erasmus

Question

The ocean texture in my game is bugged out, it looks like tv static. I've tried restarting the game, restarting my computer, messing around with the graphics settings etc but nothing seems to fix it. I also tried file verification and setting the msaa to 1 but neither of those worked either.

My computer is more than strong enough to run this at recommended specs, so that isn't the issue. Plus all the other graphics (including the cave water textures) look great.

Help?

4 answers to this question

https://imgur.com/HKw4RIX

seems I forgot to include an image in the original post

I've only just this minute started playing but I've noticed having MSAA set higher than 1 gives me glitchy busted looking Adra.  If you already tried changing that in game, check you don't have something like it forced on in your Nvidia Settings (or equivalent).

Hello Modern_Erasmus,

Thanks for posting. As flamesium posted, are you getting this when adjusting your settings as well? I really appreciate the image, but would you also be able to provide a .log file? It can be found where your game is saved on your computer.

Best,

-Caleb

• Like 1

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Good news, while looking for the save like you suggested I discovered a debug program on my computer had flagged the folder for some reason, and after adding an exception the problem ceased. No idea why it only affected the water texture, but in any case this issue is solved. I appreciate your assistance.