[Respec] Losing Abilities and Buffs from Respec/Retrain

Ganrich

Question

Tried respeccing my Troubadour/Trickster and I retained my Invocation from Character Creation, but I lost my phrase.  Although, I am far enough along that I can afford to replace it, I will still be a talent point behind.  No matter.   I was debating restarting for a reason or two.  So, this just ensured that.  Either way.  Minor bug, methinks.  However, I thought you should know. 

Enjoying the game.  Thanks!

Is there a way to make sure if and how many ability/skillpoints were lost?

I respecced a couple of times and I am not quite sure which chars are affected.

How many watcher skill do you normally have with lvl 10? Are they also listed in the skill tree?

And how many skillpoints do you have with lvl 10?

Is there a way to make sure if and how many ability/skillpoints were lost?

I respecced a couple of times and I am not quite sure which chars are affected.

How many watcher skill do you normally have with lvl 10? Are they also listed in the skill tree?

And how many skillpoints do you have with lvl 10?

No level-up skill points are lost. The skill points being lost are from the NPCs that train you for 3000 copper.

Some ability points are lost, if it was a skill taken at level 1 (i.e. in character creation) that was subsequently upgraded on another level up.

• Like 1

I'd just like to add, I respec my Cypher/Chanter yesterday night and did not have this issue. I didn't lose anything in the respec. So maybe there are specific combinations that have issues?

Edit: I have never used the NPC skill trainers, so when I say not having the issue, specifically referring to losing one of the starting abilities or the watcher abilities.

Edited by CAlmond

I noticed that after retraining my main character at an inn, all of my previous training has disappeared (e.g. Gerivard's Training, Granis' Training). Presumably this should not happen. You may also want to increase your attachment size as I cannot attach a 2MB save with a 500kB limit.

P.S. there are also some random errors in my log that may be of interest.

output_log.txt

A slight variation on this problem:

I'm currently playing as a paladin. I selected deep faith as my level 2 ability. I'm currently level 4 and when I purchased a respec, I was unable to select deep faith again, the icon was greyed out. I could select any other ability, just not deep faith.

Thank you.

A slight variation on this problem:

I'm currently playing as a paladin. I selected deep faith as my level 2 ability. I'm currently level 4 and when I purchased a respec, I was unable to select deep faith again, the icon was greyed out. I could select any other ability, just not deep faith.

Thank you.

As I mentioned in my post, the level 1 abilities don't return to you until level 2 for some reason. Go up to level 2, and you'll be able to pick Deep Faith again. It's weird.

• Like 1

Can confim same thing happening to me. Though I'm not losing watcher abilities at all, it just seems to be the active and passive abilities at level one which disappear. At level 7 I have 9 total abilities instead of 11 pre respec. Not sure if the skills are being affected.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Can someone please provide a list of all the training related abilities? I already lost all watcher abilities (2) and was able to restore them with a mod, but now I need the names of the training bonuses I have lost in order to add them again.

Edited by Rulin

Can someone please provide a list of all the training related abilities? I already lost all watcher abilities (2) and was able to restore them with a mod, but now I need the names of the training bonuses I have lost in order to add them again.

There are probably more than these, but it's a start.

post-165682-0-55627900-1527265102_thumb.png

https://spiritualsuccessor.net/abilities

• Like 1

There are probably more than these, but it's a start.

attachicon.gifTraining skills.png

https://spiritualsuccessor.net/abilities

Thanks, the word "training" was enough to find them all in the mod I am using atm.

NNK06AR.png?1