I will not be scoring Kotor 2

Dear friends,

As we've been receiving many emails regarding my status with Kotor, I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I will not be composing the score for Kotor 2. I have turned in my themes and computer files to LucasArts as they may serve future composers concerning this property. We at Artistry wish Obsidian and LucasArts well.

Always,

Jeremy Soule

www.artistryentertainment.com

Wow! I think it's great Jeremy would come and make a post like this. I am dissapointed that he isn't doing KOTOR 2. I loved the themes he did for the first one & Baulder's Gate. Hopfully Mr. I forgot his name at lucasarts will be able to add to this.

Dear friends,

As we've been receiving many emails regarding my status with Kotor, I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I will not be composing the score for Kotor 2. I have turned in my themes and computer files to LucasArts as they may serve future composers concerning this property. We at Artistry wish Obsidian and LucasArts well.

Always,

Jeremy Soule

www.artistryentertainment.com

And you did a wonderful job with the first KotOR, if it's really the Jeremy Soule that posted the above.

Let's just hope that this whateverhisnameis continues Jeremys work with the same focus as Jeremy did with John Williams' original soundtrack.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Is this even the real guy? Or just some person trying to be funny.

Anyways, it is sad and stupid on part of Obsidian for not bringing back this person.

it was pretty much determined publically that soule wouldnt be coming back for this. As well, it was said by one of the devs on these forums, I believe, that obsidian had no control over that aspect of developing - LA is responsible for this switch.

I wouldn't assume that this new guy is worse than soule, either, but he hasn't had a chance toprove himself. Not everyone thinks soule is all that, either.

Is this even the real guy? Or just some person trying to be funny.

Anyways, it is sad and stupid on part of Obsidian for not bringing back this person.

it was pretty much determined publically that soule wouldnt be coming back for this. As well, it was said by one of the devs on these forums, I believe, that obsidian had no control over that aspect of developing - LA is responsible for this switch.

I wouldn't assume that this new guy is worse than soule, either, but he hasn't had a chance toprove himself. Not everyone thinks soule is all that, either.

This new guy probably has his chance of a lifetime to prove himself to a bigger audience, so he's probably under some stress right now. Who knows, maybe we got a new 'great' composer here.

But i can't still get rid of the mental image of a Lucasarts CEO saying "Hey, that Jeremy Soule guy can do some nice music, but he's too expensive and we need to get this project as cost-effective as possible. Take that new guy instead, he's cheap and we're talking STAR WARS here, anyone can make a decent soundtrack out that!"

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Damn. Who else can I find to score me some KOTOR 2?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Didn't they already say they were getting the guy who did the music for the Jedi Knight games?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Didn't they already say they were getting the guy who did the music for the Jedi Knight games?

...you mean the Jedi Knight games have original scores? I mean, I played Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy, and all I remember is the constantly repeated Star Wars theme.

Nope. They're getting the guy who made the scores for the Episode I games, as well as Gladius. Nothing to get excited about....but since I've never heard anything he's done, nothing to complain about, either.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

well thats a bummer Jeremy isn't scoring kotor 2. I absolutely loved the music in the first one, and it wasn't just the star wars music replayed, it was much more than that, and i personally liked how he snuck some old school star wars music into his original stuff. very cool. i am kinda surprised that they are getting rid of him. for a game where the feel (tone) is so important, and the music is such a huge part of setting that feeling or tone, that to get rid of the guy who helped set that tone seems like a step in the wrong direction to me! anyway thats my 2 cents on thw matter. good luck with whatever you do next Jeremy, im sure it will kick ass!!