[Import Issue] Eder: That's not what happened

Wormerine

Question

I had to break the mystique of this phenomenal opening to report a bug:-( (yay, gaming on day1! erhhh... day2)

Imported my save from PoE1:
wvQodN5.jpg
That is not what happened. I pledged alliegence to Hylea.

EDIT: At the same time game recognized my choices later on by giving me this:
FJKRj0K.jpg
Oh boy.

Edited by Wormerine

20 answers to this question

Ok, there is something seriously off about save import.

YF8kz4M.jpg

Earlier I had a conversation option "Who are you?" as the result of "my choices in PoE1". I don't seem to know Eder, and he doesn't seem to know who am I.

I would guess that the game is reading it as you set the story manually, hence the option to ask who he is. Also I got that response when I said something about Berath I think. I never asked who he was.

Wasn't Eder just joking when you asked him "Who are you"?

I dont think so, and it was signed as "PoE1" reactivity. Some of those a vague, but my impression was that we never met. At least at this moment. Game seems to switch between recognizing reactivity and getting it wrong (as with the Helya example earlier). There was one reference to Durance, which might have been wrong/might have been right - it was vague enough to go both ways.

I believe the option of asking Edér who he is is there intentionally even for people who "imported" him, because he's probably like that in some of the premade histories, and new players might want a proper introduction.

It's a "result" of choices in PoE because you didn't kill him/get him killed.

• Like 1

YF8kz4M.jpg

Earlier I had a conversation option "Who are you?" as the result of "my choices in PoE1". I don't seem to know Eder, and he doesn't seem to know who am I.

This one, I think, is normal.  (Although I'll admit that I don't know why Eder's line would have a "Result of Pillars 1" badge.) IIRC, this particular line comes after Ed and the Steward tell you what about the statute waking up and killing everybody. He's not asking how you could know him-- he's asking how you could know what has been going on since you've been unconscious.  He doesn't know that Berath told you. 

Edited by Enoch

Same happened here or some variation. Got the Night Market thing when he was Mayor of Dyrwood. Also pledged to Hylea, got the item but the game still asked what I did with the souls. Maybe it was because I finished all but Berath's quest from the Council of Stars in Pillars 1.

Edit: I also kept the orlan baby in my inventory. Don't know if it's true but I read he's supposed to be a crewmember but he isn't there.

Edited by mauberni

YF8kz4M.jpg

This one, I think, is normal.  (Although I'll admit that I don't know why Eder's line would have a "Result of Pillars 1" badge.) IIRC, this particular line comes after Ed and the Steward tell you what about the statute waking up and killing everybody. He's not asking how you could know him-- he's asking how you could know what has been going on since you've been unconscious.  He doesn't know that Berath told you. 

I believe it's tagged so that you know you're going into a string that will make sense once it's played out even if it seems odd. In this case you're joking around with Eder. He explains your backstory as his and vice versa then you can respond in a playful manner ("that's not right") as he laughs in relief that you do have your memories.

Edited by SummerAnne58
  • Like 1

If you pick "who are you?" with Eder he makes fun of you. Did you chose it or it just felt strange to you that it was there as an answer?

Ah! Ok, thanks everyone. I didnt pick it, but as i already encountered import issues, i assumed it to be another one. I suppose Eder’s answer is the reactivity not question itself.

Edit: I also kept the orlan baby in my inventory. Don't know if it's true but I read he's supposed to be a crewmember but he isn't there.

Known bug, see the 'Vela doesn't spawn' topic. It affects all imported saves.

Also, she.

Edited by Yenkaz
  • Like 1

Yeah I fixed this issue with the workaround and still got the "Who are you?". That line seems just playful, I guess.

Honestly, the "Who are you"  is probably here for the people who haven't played PoE 1

and even for those who have, it comes off as your character joking

Yet another wrong import - this time Pallegina.

GPrH9Sf.jpg

QMqOVxJ.jpg

She has the "mercenery" ending, result of unfinished questline in PoE1. She should be a Kind Wayfarer. I wondered why she was so upset with me first time we met.

The Kind Wayfarer ending has been retconned. You either helped her do her duty, or made her screw up by finishing her quest "wrong" or not at all. 

In my ending, Pallegina was expelled from her order for defying the ducs orders and arranging a new trade deal.

​I decided to strengthen the Dyrwood with the souls trapped in Sun in Shadow however which causes Pallegina to be pardoned a few years later for her foresight. 

​Hopefully this still applies once the bugs are squashed.