Health/Endurance is better than wounds, needed changes.

The POE 1 health/endurance system was a good idea, but it was incredibly tedious to rest.

If we had a slightly lower health pool but this restored after every battle would POE 2 be improved?

P.s. I'm not the over the top guy from before. I'll reserve judgment just curious.

• Like 1

Well, too f*cking late.

I doubt they will or even can change it back to the old system now that the game is out in the wild. Modding it back in is probably out of question too.

If they would have kept calling it 'endurance' instead of 'health' at least. Watching 'health' automatically regenerate after each encounter feels wrong on so many levels, I can't even count them.

Who knows - if people keep complaining about the new regenerating health system like they did back when 'some people' complained about not getting it and/or being confused(?) by the health/endurance implementation Obsidian might even consider bringing back the old system for PoE3 (which I guess is already in very early concepting stages).

I was in favor of old vs new system but I already forgot abou it playing Deadfire. This proves to me that, although the split system was a great idea, it wasn't what made the game good. Writing and pacing is what I enjoy most in Deadfire and I just don't care about other mechanics since they are good as they are even if slightly different from Pillars.

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 2

the new system is WAYS better, than the old one, you can close the topic.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Health/Endurance system is not as good as the current one. In POE1, you have to rest from time to time only to get the health back, especially against some enemies with raw dmg attacks. And the endurance regen is less effective due to the limited health pool. 

I was in favor of old vs new system but I already forgot abou it playing Deadfire. This proves to me that, although the split system was a great idea, it wasn't what made the game good. Writing and pacing is what I enjoy most in Deadfire and I just don't care about other mechanics since they are good as they are even if slightly different from Pillars.

like the endurance/health system, but to my surprise I am not missing it at all. I don't feel it added much to the game. It makes sense to remove it, as spells per rest were removed as well - in PoE1 health was melee character's source pool. In Deadfire all that matters is each encounter and how well you performed in it. 

• Like 3

If they would have kept calling it 'endurance' instead of 'health' at least. Watching 'health' automatically regenerate after each encounter feels wrong on so many levels, I can't even count them.

Have to agree on this.

It is very awkward to see regenerating health in a spiritual successor to the isometric CRPG classics of the 90s/early 2000s.

Have to agree on this.

It is very awkward to see regenerating health in a spiritual successor to the isometric CRPG classics of the 90s/early 2000s.

Inside some localization still are present some wrong relink due that (italian&spanish for sure), that just create a great confusion for the player of the first title. I'm triyng to fix that bymyself but a lot of other strings missing from everywhere...

Since this has been revived, I too prefer not having to rest due to health.

I was just suggesting that something in between could be even better.

Another bonus of limiting the amount of times you can heal, per encounter, is that constitution becomes important again.

I miss the old system, which I expected to do. Both in terms of per-rest resources as well as the health/endurance system. I really dislike the feel that you can be near KO on every character, have depleted all their resources and... if you win, bang. Everything is back to what it was again.

Not saying that that stuff was hard to manage in PoE1 but it brought a different feel to how the game felt, and I liked that.

• Like 2

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0