Flames of Devotion Bug?

SnowyJ

Question

Hey,

So I'm not sure if this is a bug but it kind of seems like it? So Flames of Devotion cannot be used on myself (a Paladin) but can on other party members, which I find weird because the description of Flames of Devotion seems to highly suggest that it can be used on only myself.

To quote;

"Calls on the paladin's inner fire, causing their equipped weapons to burst into flame as they strike, and adding Burn damage to the attack."

I've underlined 'their' as it only seems to suggest that it can only be used on the Paladin, either way it seems a bit silly that it can't be used on the Paladin themselves.

Just to clarify, this is my interpretation of the description.

5 answers to this question

Yeah. You use it, click on a bad guy, and one hit burst into flames sorta deal. 

There's an evolved version that gives your party members a buff, but it still needs to be used on an enemy. 

I found the Flames of Devotion for a Kind Wayfarer to be very confusing. If you click on a party member it harms them. I was clicking on party members to try to access the healing effect. I think I understand it now. It's an attack, but as a side effect it heals party members. Thank you for your explanation. I think you're right, but I'll check this out when I play again tonight.