[Bug]Blade of the Endless Paths fragments not spawning

hippofant

Question

I'm not entirely sure this is a bug, so I'm wondering if other people had the same experience.

I created a manual history, in which I did forge the Blade of the Endless Paths (I'm pretty certain). Then in the prologue, I let the deckhand drown and instead saved the crate. Fast-forward 10 hours, I visit my cabin, and the fragments for the blade aren't there! But I know about the Blade, because I watched Cohh's stream, in which he saved the deckhand and got the fragments.

Has anybody else experienced this too? Is the deckhand event flag flipped and that's why I didn't get the fragments? Or did I bork my history when I created it?

When I first started playing the game around v1.0 - v1.1 using my poe1 save I was getting both endless path and yenwood fragments.  I just started up a new game v3.02 using the same poe1 save and only getting the yenwood fragments.  Shouldn't this be a simple hot fix, just a flag incorrectly set on the latest patch?

I'm trying to play a new game as well, custom history, and I've tried BOTH options in manual history regarding forging the blade and not forging the blade.  Neither spawn the blade parts for me, only the yenwood parts.  This was not an issue I had experienced however prior to the latest patch - and I had consistently received the blade, and had always forged in my POE history and I'm 99% sure I selected that I forged it in my prior manual selections.

As a matter of sorts, I even tried a manual history from a game I played before the latest patch (one where the blade spawned) and it did not spawn in a game I created after 3.0.  This is exceptionally frustrating to me since I use that sword quite a bit and am just not going to play until it's fixed.  Moreover, there's only so many times I can play through port maje island before I lose my mind.

When I first started playing the game around v1.0 - v1.1 using my poe1 save I was getting both endless path and yenwood fragments.  I just started up a new game v3.02 using the same poe1 save and only getting the yenwood fragments.  Shouldn't this be a simple hot fix, just a flag incorrectly set on the latest patch?

I had a similar experience, but it could be more than a flag - it could be some other choice impacting this choice (misdirected reference/pointer or an off by one-error cutting off the end of a container (thinking this is the last choice in one of the menus)).  Though, both you and I had similar experiences of prior saves / manual files working before 3.0 and not working after 3.0.  Accordingly, I'd go right to the changelog and see what gives.  I'd also check the boundary conditions on all my containers for off by 1.

Yes, there is.

IRoll20s

giveitem MISC_Fragments_Blade_of_the_Endless_Paths

this will put the fragments in your stash.

If you want to get them without disabling achievements, you can use this mod framework to launch the game with the achievements mod.

Do I need to use the framework every time I launch the game or only when I choose to use the console to add the item? I'm assuming the disabling of steam achievements is a flag inside the save game so it would make sense to use it *after* using the console to renable achievements or am I just complicating things?

I started over again with the same Imported save I had previously used but this time in 3.0.2 I am missing the Endless Path Fragments

Did you guys break something?

Will this be updated so we get them later on or do we have to start over again to get it?

Can a dev please jump in with an update on this?

completely halted my progressions of the game as this was in my build :(

In the beta branch update the bug has been fixed :) but curious if I still get achievements by using that patch :o

Edited by Bellegar

Can a dev please jump in with an update on this?

completely halted my progressions of the game as this was in my build :(

In the beta branch update the bug has been fixed :) but curious if I still get achievements by using that patch :o

Yes you should.

"As the murderhobo mantra goes: 'If you can't kill it, steal it.'" - Prince of Lies

I was able to find a workaround in order to get the blade "whispers of the endless paths".  

The recent patch did add the fragments in the ship but it required that I load a save right after leaving port maje, prior to opening the ship compartment.  I was able to find a workaround rather than losing all the time I already invested.

1.  Use a save game that has both fragments and sail to Neketaka to have the Greatsword "whispers of the endless paths" created

2.  Create a pre-made character at any tavern and add that character to your party

3.  Make sure to "EQUIP" the Greatsword "whispers of the endless paths" to the newly created character in your party

4.  Press C to bring up the character screen for the new character and use the EXPORT tab at the top right

5.  Load your main save game and head to a tavern to recruit the character you previously EXPORTED. (Note the cost was roughly 9000 for me because of the Greatsword)

You will now have the "whispers of the endless paths" in your game