Portraits

quadphonics

Question

So I'm continuing my character from pillars of Eternity one got it mostly done except when I tried to find my character portrait from the original game low and behold it's not here what the hell? So how do I transfer portraits from the original game over to the second one!?

4 answers to this question

Heya quadphonics,

beatspores' information is absolutely correct. You can move the portraits in to the portraits folder (Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\gui\portraits\player\maleorfemale), just make sure you have a file for all 4 different portraits used throughout the game. The sizes and naming conventions can be found in the portrait folder itself, but also I'll list them bellow:

_convo: 90x141

_lg:  210x330

_si: 76x96

_sm: 76x96

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

I try my very best.

You need to have a third portrait image for conversations. The other portrait images are the same size as for PoE but this new image is a different size, check the portrait folder, and generate that new image with the same specs. The conversation portrait must be named the same but end with _convo instead of _lg or _sm, check the portrait folder for example.

• Like 1

BTW Is there any way to apply the default conversation portrait filter to custom portraits?

The conversation portraits are hand drawn by Obsidian's artist/s. You can kinda emulate the effect but that will only get you less than half-way in my opinion. What I do for the custom portrait I'm using is to just save it as it is, it's not too jarring to me at least considering you're the main character.