This is good news indeed. The default of maxing Might made for poor design considerations.

I'm feeling pretty prophetic, I called for a Might change like this and the Resolve change to tie it to affliction duration :)

• Like 1

This is good news indeed. The default of maxing Might made for poor design considerations.

I'm feeling pretty prophetic, I called for a Might change like this and the Resolve change to tie it to affliction duration :)

So should I take the points from Might in my Monk/Cypher and distribute it to Dex? ;)

*Currently 18 Might 14 Dex, Eyeing 16 Might 16 Dex...

So should I take the points from Might in my Monk/Cypher and distribute it to Dex? ;)

*Currently 18 Might 14 Dex, Eyeing 16 Might 16 Dex...

When Might was multiplicative the more bonus you had then the more Might you wanted, so Cipher and Rogue wanted max Might.

Now as an additive, like it was in PoE, the more bonus you have the less effect that Might has, so Cipher and Rogue can go lower.

Fortitude is still really important so adding to Might is always good but more dex would probably be best, especially for a Cipher who wants to cast quickly.

I'd even think about 14 Might and 18 dex. Also Monks and Ciphers get some cool on crit abilities so adding more to Perception could be a good thing as well.

Character building just got interesting again :)

Wait so they just straight up switched it to additive now?

This is totally weird...

I'm pretty sure about this, because in beta 4 when I check the combat log the Might bonus is shown separately from other bonus, but in the real game it's shown together with other bonus.

But yeah I agree it's better documented in a patch or something.

So that makes Hellwalker not that much better dmg wise than other monks now. Since now it's additive he will have huge dimishing return at max Wounds if it works like in POE.

Good, I can now make more balanced build for monk instead of packing in Might everything. Perception for Monk Cipher and Monk/Barbarian is what I wanted to invest into since start, but Might was too important.

OK, that means we have a new damage formula:

If the modifier is a bonus we have like: sneak attack = +50%  -> step = 0.5

If the modifier is a penalty we have like: graze = +50%  ->  step = 1 - 1/1-0.5 = -1

Now we add all steps

If the sum of steps is positive we have: damage done = base damage * 1 + sum of all steps    ( same formula as PoE1 )

If the sum of steps is negative we have: damage done = base damage/ 1 - sum of all steps

Unlike the beta, might, over and under penetration, crit and graze are all normal steps, nothing is multiplicative anymore.

----------------------------------------

Is the stuff I have written above the line correct or did they change it to something completely different?

It would be nice if somebody can confirm this.

I would be happy if this was correct, because in the latest beta maxing might was a no brainer for all damage classes.

not for a monk cipher multiclass though, I stuck with hellwalker because might scaling.

Unoptimal build reeeeee

Well, you could still go helwalker and max dex and perception for higher damage and put 12 in might, or even keep it at 10 and put 12 in con maybe