Ok, so I plan on playing a Fanatic Barbarian Berserker / Paladin Goldpact Knight. Which dispositions are favoured / disfavoured to get the most out of my paladin side? I'm pretty sure that one of the favoured is stoic but don't know what the other favoured disposition is, neither do I know either of the negative dispositions... does anyone know?

thx  for the link, couldn't remember... though I do find it strange that they don't list these in the class descriptions as they did in PoE1...

The new UI is gonna take some getting used too.  It's better but you really need to put some effort in to being able to properly navigate it.  Took me a good few minutes before I rediscovered the Party Reputation page.

• Like 1

May I ask what the circles are on the reputation screen? I have a Paladin character and I'm confused by the red/blue/cyan rings on each of the disposition elements. Are they dispositions you are accumulating? Are the red and cyan colors indications of what's good or bad for my character and the blue how much I've accumulated? Is the red equivalent to accumulating negative points?

I've tried searching for what they mean and only found threads like this or tables from the previous game.

Yeah its pretty much as you'd guessed. All dispositions contain a ring around them that can be filled with blue quarter circle "pips". As there can only ever be a maximum rank of 4 in each disposition,  each pip indicates a single rank achieved in that disposition.

For paladins and priests, there is an additional outer solid ring that indicates the favoured and disfavoured dispositions of their subclass. The cyan outer ring indicates the favoured dispositions that will affect your abilities positively, conversely the red outer ring indicates disfavoured dispositions that will affect your abilities negatively. 

Here is a screen grab I ripped from google somewhere:

KZ3JEGb.jpg

In this pic we can see that this level 2 paladin (a kind wayfarer) favours peaceful (bird) and passionate (flame) dispositions, and disfavours cruel (whip) and shady (hat). We can see that the player has achieved 1 rank in both of their favoured dispositions as indicated by the single blue quarter circle "pips" in each inner ring, and the player has not yet gained any ranks in their disfavoured dispositions. 

It should also be noted that gaining ranks in both favoured and disfavoured dispositions cancel each other out, i.e. in the pic above the net gain is +2, (+1 for peaceful and +1 for passionate), if that player had also gained a single rank of cruel, their net gain would be +1, (+1 peaceful, +1 passionate, -1 cruel). So if the player was to max out all of their favoured and disfavoured dispositions, the net gain would be 0 (+4 peaceful, +4 passionate, -4 cruel, -4 shady).

Anyway, hope this clears it up.

Edited by Koth
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...