On-screen feedback still showing w/ Expert Mode enabled

eisenschwein

Question

If @Aarik D actually was referring to the floating red damage/green healing numbers and notifications on status effects kicking in/wearing off (such as "Immobilized", "Immune", "Interrupt" etc) when confirming(?) that Expert Mode would also hide said on-screen feedback (during the Drowned Barrows sneak peek stream two weeks ago: twitch.tv/videos/254486517?t=00h48m10s).

If this was the case - it doesn't work.

It's still displaying the floating numbers/status effect notifications with Expert Mode enabled:

slwtEc0.png

Z93GNrg.png

WSEqzjR.png

isnNRXK.png

CSRDWme.png

In case this was a misunderstanding - I guess you could consider this another request for the corresponding on/off toggle then.

Surely I'm not the only one who's bothered by all those numbers and Immune's, Immobilized's, Interrupt's, and whatnot firing off during combat, often at the same time and unnecessarily obscuring the battlefield in the process.
Again, the very same feedback on damage output or status effects kicking in/wearing off is displayed in the combat log as well, so I'd really appreciate the option for less redundancy when it comes to communicating that information to the player. One source is usually enough (for me personally anyway).
Wouldn't it be great if we could enjoy and appreciate the VFX, animations and environments during combat without getting numbers and notifications thrown in our face?

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

Hello Folie a deux,

Thanks for your suggestion! Ill get it bugged to see if we can get a toggle for the float text.

Best,

-Caleb

Cheers!

I reckon the OP @eisenschwein too will be delighted to see that it's being acknowledged and considered.

I'm using Expert mode too and have no meta-info [supposedly] displayed under the settings yet it still shows spell radius, distance, etc when using spells/abilities and I can see monster immunities and buffs on their tooltip.

This has been reported and added to the bug tracker/issue database already: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97497-aoe-hightlighting-and-relationship-info-cannot-be-disabled/

From the looks of it it seems that @Aarik D actually was thinking of something different when he said that enabling Expert mode would prevent the information from coming up and being displayed respectively.

That being said - I'd very much like to have that toggle/option as well.

It does get pretty chaotic and noisy (not to mention hard to read) at times, with the colored numbers and texts triggering and going off all at once during big encounters with multiple opponents.

Again, the very same feedback on damage output or status effects kicking in/wearing off is displayed in the combat log as well, so I'd really appreciate the option for less redundancy when it comes to communicating that information to the player. One source is usually enough (for me personally anyway).
Wouldn't it be great if we could enjoy and appreciate the VFX, animations and environments during combat without getting numbers and notifications thrown in our face?

Also this.

Yeah, looks like Expert Mode never did deactivate the display of the information/feedback in the first place, unfortunately.

Wouldn't mind to actually have it do that though.

I'd be more in favor of a separate on/off toggle - similar to the walking/running one - but if, for whatever reason, that's too hard to implement I'd settle for it to be subsequently rolled into Expert Mode as well.

I'm using Expert mode too and have no meta-info [supposedly] displayed under the settings yet it still shows spell radius, distance, etc when using spells/abilities and I can see monster immunities and buffs on their tooltip.