[Companions] Main char Duplicated eder

lindog

Question

after cancelling a level up on my main character and then going to level up eder after completing the level up i had 2 eder's in my party  (my main character keeping stats and gear but appearance and voice all changed to eder) post-207547-0-26074900-1525827079_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

thank you for the heads up. at least I know it isn't some kind of malware. it does seem too intelligently done to be a bug, my PC inventory avatar(not the picture) changes hair color but retains all hair style the command interface melds with Eder's on the Main character's command bar so forth.  this is a bug but it is darned intelligent!

I didn't get the crash, but I apparently like Eder so much that I have become him. Like you it was in the first cave during the first level up and I opted to level Eder first.

Anyways a screen shot - http://steamcommunity.com/id/usana/screenshot/919177627921216036 - Weirdest part is the abilities I had popping up beside my watcher ability.

I almost couldn't find the save game due to it being labeled Eder rather than my player character. No just before save, because I didn't think I needed to save much in the Sea Cave or before the first level. So the auto save is the closest save. I tried to load from the auto save. Perform same actions and get you a just before save with the level up choices I made. But it didn't want to be reproduced.

I won't be doing a serious playthrough to the end but I am saving this hysterically funny save to cloud for future ref.

Eder duplication has been reported - https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97514-companions-main-char-duplicated-eder/?hl=eder - but I don't recall the crash being mentioned before.

the crash is probably a co-incidence. I do not recall the exact error number.  I did note a message stating I needed to report it to the dev. so I am doing so, it is probably located in the "outputlog.tex" attachment.  I could not upload the other bits in that folder. 2018-05-26_001340 this site will not accept .dmp uploads.