Female Voice Narration Missing

Omeyga

Question

At the beginning of the game, before you get back to your body, there was a female voice that narrated the extra bit of text that described what the characters were doing ect...As soon as I leave the cabin of the ship and fight the pirates, and going forward from there, there is no longer any narration of that extra bit of text. The voice acting for the main characters plays, but nothing on the italicized stuff. Is this intended?

9 answers to this question

Hey Omeyga,

This is correct. The prose in the Prologue area is voiced, but once you've progessed out of it it will no longer be voiced. Sorry about that!

-Caleb

Since you're a tester, how many other times is the prose narrated to us? Is it just the beginning or does it creep up later.

Hey Omeyga,

This is correct. The prose in the Prologue area is voiced, but once you've progessed out of it it will no longer be voiced. Sorry about that!

-Caleb

Not a problem, thanks for the quick reply. Loving the game so far!

Solved the narrator issue! 
Just go into your PoE 2 folder 

Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\StreamingAssets\Audio\Windows\Voices\English(US)

And then Move or delete the "narrator" folder! Solved!

Solved the narrator issue! 

Just go into your PoE 2 folder 

Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\StreamingAssets\Audio\Windows\Voices\English(US)

And then Move or delete the "narrator" folder! Solved!

It's ok either way, but I did like having it voiced. I'm used to it in Divinity anyway.

Hey Omeyga,

-Caleb

Since you're a tester, how many other times is the prose narrated to us? Is it just the beginning or does it creep up later.

Sorry for the late reply! I can answer your question, but just know it contains spoilers so:

You will get it for every Special God SI, and at the end of the game.

I too, really like the narration and would have LOVED it all to be voiced, but hey, we have a huge game! So Ill take what I can get :)

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...