Finally we can play!

So I rolled this multiclass and thought i'd give it a try. However i'm not very familiar with cypher abilities. So a bit more info, I'm a shattered pillar monk with Soul blade cypher. I also have dual axes on a second weapon set which I use from time to time. Whilst I'm familiar with monk, which cypher abilities are best?

Since you rolled Shattered Pillar + Soul Blade, it narrows it quite down to using buffing abilites only on your cipher as you will need to dish out melee damage to utilize your subclasses.

Pick anything that buffs you, as casting damaging spells won't really affect your subclasses at all.

Don't take any Cipher abilities.

Simple.

All of the monk abilities are a better use of your time, as they all have long cast times. and you want to save your focus for soul annihilation. Since Cipher casts have no synergy with monk weapons, don't use them, but soul annihilation scales off monk melee damage so yeah that's fine. Exception is when you get the +intellect modal, maybe. But that is very lategame.

Edited by Urthor

Don't take any Cipher abilities.

Simple.

All of the monk abilities are a better use of your time, and you want to save your focus for soul annihilation. Since Ciphe casts have no synergy with monk weapons, don't use them, but soul annihilation scales off monk melee damage so yeah that's fine. Exception is when you get the +intellect modal, maybe. But that is very lategame

You kind of have to at lvl 1, which one do you recommend? Ancestral Valour has the fastest cast that I can see...