intro/beginning typo

tid242

Question

Here's a typo in the pre-game, if one chooses to "return to the wheel" rather than play the game.

It reads "Whether it is a long one will depend upon the Watcher Berath chooses in your stead." 

It should really say "Whether it is a long one will depend upon who the Watcher Berath chooses in your stead."

not a big deal, but a little off..

post-57077-0-29409200-1525822038_thumb.jpg

Edited by tid242

4 answers to this question

No it shouldn't. Berath isn't a Watcher, Berath is a god. The line is referring to a hypothetical Watcher that Berath will need to find to perform the task you, the Watcher of Caed Nua, refused.

Here's a typo in the pre-game, if one chooses to "return to the wheel" rather than play the game.

It reads "Whether it is a long one will depend upon the Watcher Berath chooses in your stead." 

It should really say "Whether it is a long one will depend upon who the Watcher Berath chooses in your stead."

not a big deal, but a little off..

what KaiG said, and still your edit is wrong as in that case the proper word would be 'whom.'

Edited by roverud

I mean, if you want to get really nitpicky, you could change it to "Whether it is a long one will depend upon the Watcher whom Berath chooses in your stead."

But that's not really necessary. It's perfectly acceptable to drop pronouns in situations like this.

I mean, if you want to get really nitpicky, you could change it to "Whether it is a long one will depend upon the Watcher whom Berath chooses in your stead."

But that's not really necessary. It's perfectly acceptable to drop pronouns in situations like this.

that's so weird, I read the sentence like 4 times and still didn't catch it.  I did think it was weird that Berath was a Watcher tho, I thought it must've been some lore about how she became a god that I missed. 

you're right tho, my bad for sure.

:unsure: