Can someone explain the the Multiclass Monk Unarmed progression?

Like the title asks, does anyone know how it works? I originally planned on making an offtank Monk/Pally but apparently multiclassing severely diminishes the unarmed progressing, but I've not been able to find out by how much.

Does it works like the unarmed feat? How much faster/slower is the progression exactly? Is it even worth going unarmed if you Multiclass?

These questions are important because I wanna punch Eothas in the face eventually but not if that punch is more of a tickle

Yeah, I'm looking into that, Monk+Paladin maybe, but it doesn't explain how the Monk's unarmed attack scales when multiclassed. I mean I could just use a weapon but really if you're a Monk and you don't punch why are you here?

Yeah, I'm looking into that, Monk+Paladin maybe, but it doesn't explain how the Monk's unarmed attack scales when multiclassed. I mean I could just use a weapon but really if you're a Monk and you don't punch why are you here?

Monks unarmed ability scales with power level. Multiclassing causes you to get power levels slower and you also get 2 less power levels than single class.

Personally I don’t care because i use weapons with my rogue/monk, but if you want max DPS with your fistbois so you can bruce lee some dudes, then it’s important to know.

I'm still downloading so this is from Beta

Single class will basically be two powerlevels ahead of a multiclass. This only really matters for fists. The two powerlevels amount to +1 penetration, +4 accuracy and +15% damage. The nature godlike ability also gets you +2 powerlevels so it has the same benefits (which of course stack) so unless there are hats (+racial bonus) out there that are better than +1 pen, +4 Accuracy and +15% damage, going for a Nature Godlike looks pretty darn good.

Fists base damage is higher than the slow one handers and attacks at the fast one handers speed. They do the most DPS in the game.

Transcendent Suffering adds damage %, penetration and accuracy as you gain power levels.

Might is now additive damage not multiplicative so your 15 Might adds +15% damage which is the same as the +15% you get from  2 powerlevels. Might is not the one stop shop for Monk like it was in PoE where the base damage of fists was increased.

Single class gets one ability per level and one bonus when they gain a powerlevel, multi gets one ability per level and  one bonus when they gain a powerlevel but it has to be split. So you get creation ability + 19 + 8 = 27 ability picks plus creation for pure class and a multi gets creation from each class + 13 free + 6 class one + 6 class two = 25 ability picks plus the two creation.

if i remember right ( i tested this yesterday)

single class monks will have 30% extra damage.

it was like 50% vs 80% bonus damage i think.. ill try again later to make sure.

its really easy to test just kinda time consuming. go to your nearest inn and make the 2 characters and use console command to get them both to 20.

Edited by dudex

Ah, thanks. Seems like the damage equals to the unarmed feats damage, which is fine I guess. Just means for me Helwalker is a damn near necessity when multiclassing a Monk. That additional Might is gonna make a difference AND since I'm into being an off-tank it'll help the healing too.

As you probably already know, its highly likely that there will be weapons with properties that more than make up for fist damage.

Also, Hellwalker DPS is dependent on the need to get hit or use self damaging abilities. Not just that, but the hellwalker wounds also cause them to become more vulnerable. All this means they are not particularly good at tanking. So you have two situations. Hellwalker vs trash mobs and vs tough mobs. Against trash mobs and as an off tank, the target will die long before the monk can gain max wounds. Against bosses, the enemy will likely target the tank and the monk will get very few wounds. Even if the boss went after the monk, the monk probably cannot tank them so they will either go down, require tons of healing from partners (limiting their dps), or they will need to take time away from dps to do something else to survive.

I am not 100% sure, but I think that in practice, the pillar will actually out dps the Hellwalker over a play through and will likely be more effective against bosses and tough enemies since it can max wounds fast and it can tank better allowing it to stay in the fight without interruption or assistance longer.

Just my 2 cents.

I checked yesterday.  It's something like this at level 20, including the prestige passive ability for the single class.

Multi class:  +50% damage, +14 acc, +4 pen

Multi class nature godlike:  +65% damage, +18 acc, +5 pen

Single class:  +80% damage, +22 acc, +6 pen

Single class nature godlike:  +95% damage, +26 acc, +7 pen

Legendary weapons:  +60% damage, +15 acc, +4 pen

Fists have the same base damage as swords which are an average speed weapon, but the attack and recoverry speed of fast speed weapons.  So they should still do slightly better dps than a legendary weapon even on a multi class monk (math wiz please correct me if I'm wrong).  Doubt they will compete with unique legendary weapons though, especially if you find some good synergistic effects.

• 2 weeks later...

How much is Monastic Unarmed Training worse than Transcendent Suffering? How does it scale?

It's a lot worse, it's not even worth considering unless you're a shapeshifter, since it seems to stack with your claws.

I am interested from the Devoted point of view :). As usual, there is no hint from the official sources.

Is single class Monastic Unarmed Training worse than multiclass Monk? Is it better than multiclass Monastic Unarmed Training?

Edited by Sotnik