Is there some randomness in the shipwreck scripted interaction at the beginning of the game?

Ok, so I've done a couple of starts of the game and so far I have just had a choice to save one of my crewmen (Chitupec) or or save some loot from Caed Nua.

But the interesting thing is, there is another set of options available in the file 21_si_shipwreck.stringtable that I can't seem to trigger.

Namely it appears possible to warn Chitupec of the crate falling in the first place or do other things involved with it.  But I haven't got my head around the new scripting language that's being used in PEII so I'm not sure how they get triggered.  I.e. is it a character trait/stat or how one handled the pirate situation before hand.  Or if it is random. Or if it can be triggered at all.

I know that the actual script that governs this is 21_si_shipwreck.conversationbundle, but that's about it.

So I suppose my question is, has anyone been able to get the choice of:

1. Grab the crate.

2. Tackle Chitupec.

3. Warn Chitupec.

to trigger, and if so, how?

NOTE:  This is separate from the:

1. Rescue Chitupec

2. Save the crate.

option.

No idea. Maybe the difference decides whether the dwarf in the cave lives. I thought choosing to save the crewmate would mean I'd start off with more folks, buuut...it didn't. =.=

Which dwarf are you talking about?  Because when I ran across Beodul in the Sea Cave, he was alive but stuck behind a ring of traps.  I was able to save him by guiding him out.

edit: And, yes, I saved Chitupec before hand.

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire

No idea. Maybe the difference decides whether the dwarf in the cave lives. I thought choosing to save the crewmate would mean I'd start off with more folks, buuut...it didn't. =.=

Are you saying that if you don't choose to save him, he survives anyway???

Are you saying that if you don't choose to save him, he survives anyway???

chitupec is not the dwarf, and no, if you choose the crate, chitupec will be a spirit, not a living human. 

However I only just started this playthrough where I choose the crate over chitupec. It is possible something happens later, however as of this moment I believe he is dead and it is better to save him rather than the crate, because the contents of the crate is not worth it.

Is it possible that those additional options are only available if certain character conditions (e.g attributes or class etc.) are met?

I really didn't want to lose the bonus stuff in the crate but starting the game by letting one of your crew die wasn't the way I wanted to start my adventure.