So the first request is the option to turn the narrator off

Seriously, the narrator is a nuisance, and we need the option to turn it off. The narration is (obviously) so much slower than a realistic reading pace, and if you try to read while it's talking, it's nothing but a disturbance. It is also immersion-breaking in the sense that it works against your imagination; in that sense it's like spoon-feeding, to an extent. Stuff that I read on my own is much more evocative of mood and detail than someone else's vocal interpretation of the same material, particularly in a CRPG setting.

I understand that someone has spent a heck of a long time reading all that stuff, but it's not only unnecessary, it's frankly bothersome to have to listen to it.

• Like 4

I agree. I've also read plenty of people here like the voiced narration, and that's a-okay of course. I'm not a fan of audio reading at all and would just like the option to turn the voiced narrator off. 

Though at least it's only for a few cutscenes and not all of them. Though imagine if it was, the poor woman! :p

Absolutely, and I almost feel the same about general NPCs.

If you play on any other language , that is not "English", it's uncomprehensible.

I couldn't follow the beginning of the game, I'm going to restart with every voices down to zero.

Because my brain hears English, automatically do the effort to understand it, & I'm trying to read in my mother tongue... I can't keep up personnaly.

So, even more so than what you said, I kind of want companions banters & dialogues, the Gods and very important characters to be voiced only, like the first game. Everything else should be muted for me.

It's awesome for those who like it, like native speakers but for me I can't.

Thanks Obsidian for the effort, it's still a good addition to the game. Maybe I'll turn it back on in my second playthrough.

The day pc crpg's use a nintendo "print it as you read" method that has a speed slider in options, is the day all of this will be in sync and lengthy dialogs don't look like walls of text, since you read the speed it prints. Narration is always putridly slow though, everyone has to act so grand and pompous.

• Like 1

There should be an option, if it hasn't been implemented yet, most likely Obsidian will cater to the majority and add it later (you're not the only one who doesn't like the narrator). So be patient :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Solved the narrator issue! 
Just go into your PoE 2 folder 

Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\StreamingAssets\Audio\Windows\Voices\English(US)

And then Move or delete the "narrator" folder! Solved!