[Framerate] General Framerate Problems.

hamskii

Question

have you tried updating your drivers? It solved the queen's berth lag completely for me, although I'm a bad example since my geforce 1080 shouldn't have had problems in the first place.

Edited by mrmonocle

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

have you tried updating your drivers? I solved the queen's berth lag completely for me, although I'm a bad example since my geforce 1080 shouldn't have had problems in the first place.

GTX 1060 6GB with the latest game raedy driver is pretty much unplayable in Deadlight Fort and lots of other areas with crowd or light sources. I have 5-20 fps most of the time no matter what settings and gain about 10 fps if I turn off global illumination (misc checkbox in graphical options). I'm not sure what is causing this, but I saw people with GTX 970 or 980 or even twice lower specs like old laptops with 1 GB GPU and slow CPU running this game better than my rig.

giphy.gif

After 45h with the game I did extensive testing in lots of areas.

Most of the time game is running at 20 FPS with huge drops below 10 in any crowded areas or in places with background light's sources like fire, torches etc. Stuttering and FPS drops below 10 are common in combat.

Port Maje - about 20 FPS

Kraken's Eye inn - below 10 FPS

Periki Overlook abou 30 FPS

Serpent's Crown about 25 FPS

Other Districts 20 and below

Kahanga Palace throne room, second floor - below 10 FPS

The Holl inn - below 10 FPS

Old City below 30 FPS

Pyramid with Oswald - 20-30 FPS, drops below 10 during final encounter

Deadlight Fort exterior - below 10 FPS

Deadlight Fort Court - below 10 FPS

Deadlight Dungeon 20-30 FPS

Tikiwara - 20 FPS with drops below 10 if more NPC on the screen

There are places where game run better. Small areas, dungeons, digsite near Port Maje are pretty consistant with at least 30 FPS.

Graphical settings have almost no impact on the game performance. Global illumination can give me boost of 5-10 FPS most of the time, but it's still 30 and below all the time.

I tried to solve performance issue by clean installation of different GPU drivers, including latest game ready driver for NVIDIA GTX 1060. Nothing helps.

I turned off Steam overlay, NVIDIA Ansel overlay, uninstal GeForce Experience.

I OC my GPU in MSI Afterburner and play the game but performance was similar to FPS I have without OC.

I tried to fix performance issue with NVIDIA control panel but nothing helps. DSR was off all the time, so no resolution scaling.

Any settings which include VSync doesn't impact peformance of the game - both in graphical settings and control panel. Maxx framerate settings doesn't help either.

Game is installed on SSD with lots free space. Loadings are fast, contrary to performance of the game.

If it helps - PoE 1 runs smooth 60 FPS, while Tyranny has similar issue as PoE 2 in crowded places and any areas at night.

My PC:

Intel i5-7600k @4,5GHz with OC, GTX 1060 6 GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD Goodram Iridium Pro 240 GB, MB Asrock Z270 Extreme 4, Windows 10 64 bit.

My DxDiag and screens from HWmonitor below:

http://oi65.tinypic.com/i2j49v.jpg

DxDiag.txt

post-166979-0-88182700-1526208214_thumb.jpg

giphy.gif

Playing on a laptop with 1060 MaxQ and the performance is just awful. The FPS is everywhere with constant jumps from 60 to 10 especially when there is any dynamic lightning going on. (even a single shadow).

The visuals do not in any way explain such terrible performance.

Same problem here, with everything set on lowest im getting about 6-30 fps. ( at more demanding places )

pc spec: i7 2600k, AMD R9 290x, 16gb ram, ssd, MB Asrock Extreme 4, WIN 7

i tried older drivers and different settings, but nothing seems to make any difference....

Edited by Gotweed

I'm getting 50 - 60 FPS in ship battles with my i5 4690K and GTX 1070 at 1440P resolution on high settings. Got the same FPS both before and after the Nvidia driver update.

Try checking your GPU clock rate while playing the game. I remember having an FPS issue on POE1 with my laptop where I was only getting 10 - 15 FPS and even though the GPU was showing 100% usage, the clock rate wasn't running full speed. I opened the Nvidia Control Panel and changed the settings to "Prefer Maximum Performance" and my FPS shot up to 40 - 45 FPS.

My game starts smooth but degrades over time.... I noticed the gpu downclocks from 1950 mhz to 1500s in certain places(cities) while gpu usage stays around 30-60%.It's not a temps problem either,the card isn't breaking 65C.I think there is something wrong with the engine or the game. Playing in fullscreen/max performance doesn't help either.The game always end up starting smooth then degrades into a choppy mess.

I play with a gtx 1080ti strix/i7 4790k on 1080p

*Update" restarted the game and did a good 1-2 hours of smooth playtime but at one point the game downclocked to 1569mhz from 1947mhz with around 60-70% gpu usage and for some reason it stayed downclocked to that number til I restarted.(it doesn't adjust the clock back up for some reason) the game was having long freezes on looting at this point.

Edited by Wiseude

Same issue here, 1080ti , ryzan 1700. 32gig ram. running on an ssd.

I get 30fps in town, citys. Ship deck battles is like 20fps. When it rains it tanks somtimes to 20. In dungeons its not to bad around 50fps. Running everything maxed out. Tried setting it all to min but i gain 5min max, so not really worth it. Defo something fishy going on.

My biggest concern is task manager showing 100% GPU usage when game is open but temp is not moving at all. The GPU usually heats up if i'm watching a stream on 420p.

For everyone else who is having similar problems is this happening to you too?

Edited by Timboslice

I have seen a common trend of terrible performance with the GTX 10xx series. Developers need to look into this. I returned my game until I could play it NOT at 5-10fps on a GTX 1080.

I won't be playing this game until the performance on my 1080ti has been fixed, I would rather wait and play the game smoothly that force myself to play it like I'm playing on a smartphone.

I had this problem as well, on a R9 270X, and mitigated it with overwriting the game's AA in the AMD Settings. Got me a large FPS boost, and the game runs smoothly for the most part. In larger fights with lots of effects I still get massive fps drops, though. (i5 2400 & R9 270X & 8GB DDR3 @1440p)

extreme stuttering laggy in fort deadlight. anyway to remove MSAA? i saw the lowest option is just 1x. Also please provide more visual customizations. This is not console port right? the amount of options are laughable.

Care to do all of us  with the same problem a favour? use MSI afterburner and check if your gpu downclocks. My game starts smooth but degrades into a choppy mess after some time.(I have no idea what triggers it,could be city or really big fights) I used MSI afterburner and my gpu was downlocking to 1569mhz from the usual 1949mhz and stayed 1569mhz till I restarted the game.(it seems the game gets stuck on a lower clock instead of going back up to the higher clocks which causes choppiness)  

specs are 1080ti strix/i7 4790k,w7

Also experiencing the same issue. Performance for me has felt like it has degraded significantly since I began playing the game and PoE II is the only game I am having this issue in. I've attempted dozens of fix attempts. Updating my NVIDIA Drivers, reinstalling the game, removing my save games from the game and attempting to start over, running the game in multiple different compatability modes, running the game in Fullscreen, the common Alt+Tabbing trick, running the game as administrator, setting CPU priority to high, etc. Nothing has worked and I've essentially given up trying to play the game until it magically gets fixed or Obsidian catches what's causing it. Any time my party is on screen I get absolutely abysmal performance, usually sitting around 17-23 FPS. Included in this post will be my dxdiag, my output log, and a save game copy as Obsidian suggests so hopefully someone from Obsidian will see this post. 

Dropbox link to savegame

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

I had this problem as well, on a R9 270X, and mitigated it with overwriting the game's AA in the AMD Settings. Got me a large FPS boost, and the game runs smoothly for the most part. In larger fights with lots of effects I still get massive fps drops, though. (i5 2400 & R9 270X & 8GB DDR3 @1440p)

Interesting. I have a similar setup (R9 270X, i5 3470, 8GB DDR3) and I'm also getting extremely bad fps. Only 1-5 fps everywhere, even on LOW. It didn't seem like I could disable AA in the game completely, though? Minimum setting is 1.

Meanwhile I can play the game on my laptop with a geforce GTX 960M with only minor slowdowns in busy areas...

While my issues aren't anywhere as bad as most others here, I do notice the stuttering. I have a 144hz monitor and it does feel like it generates frames close to that number most of the time, I haven't bothered to activate fraps to check though.

It looks like turning off the "miscellaneous" graphics option, will improve performance considerably. I have no idea what it does, but it dramatically lowers GPU load, CPU load is also lowered a little, but we are talking less than 10%.

My rig is an i5 8600k paired with a gtx 1070 and 16GBs of Ram. The storage medium is a 960 evo. I am running the default high preset, with only the aforementioned miscellaneous option turned off.

I have no idea if I am imagining this, but it does feel like the loading times are reduced now that I've turned that option off. Probably my imagination though.

Hi, Giuliano89. Could you please attach your dxdiag.txt file to this issue so we can see what system specs you've got? That will help us to narrow down this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

• Like 1

--Doug.

While my issues aren't anywhere as bad as most others here, I do notice the stuttering. I have a 144hz monitor and it does feel like it generates frames close to that number most of the time, I haven't bothered to activate fraps to check though.

It looks like turning off the "miscellaneous" graphics option, will improve performance considerably. I have no idea what it does, but it dramatically lowers GPU load, CPU load is also lowered a little, but we are talking less than 10%.

My rig is an i5 8600k paired with a gtx 1070 and 16GBs of Ram. The storage medium is a 960 evo. I am running the default high preset, with only the aforementioned miscellaneous option turned off.

I have no idea if I am imagining this, but it does feel like the loading times are reduced now that I've turned that option off. Probably my imagination though.

I know some people have suggested this as a possible solution but when your settings are on low Misc is already switched off.

I hope we get a fix soon.

My biggest concern is task manager showing 100% GPU usage when game is open but temp is not moving at all. The GPU usually heats up if i'm watching a stream on 420p.

For everyone else who is having similar problems is this happening to you too?

I experienced this too, GPU is always at 100% when the game is running. I don't think my temps went above 40C, but I'll have to double-check.

I disabled AA and it didn't do anything for me. I guess a GTX 1070 shouldn't have problems with any level of AA though

Hi, Giuliano89. Could you please attach your dxdiag.txt file to this issue so we can see what system specs you've got? That will help us to narrow down this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Hello, I have attached the file dxdiag of my computer.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Giuliano89