Vela not spawning

Yenkaz

Question

She's supposed to be in Vilario's rest, yes?

She isn't in my game, despite me keeping her in my imported save. Anyone else?

Edit: Just saw 'major issues'. So my choices are between giving up all other savegame imports... or Vela?

Or just wait for a fix, I guess...

Edited by Yenkaz

So using the in-game history editor does spawn Vela for me (for both the choices available) but upon repairing the ship she does not appear in the crew member list nor appears inside the ship at all. I imagine it's going to be the same for those who spawned her with the command console?

I created a history, and Vela does show up in the ship. She was below-decks as soon as I went down, chatting with Xoti.
Can anyone who tries to create her by commands confirm that works as well. As I understand it, that runs the risk of other flags being affected though...

Really wish there was a summary of all our decisions after importing to see if it'll work.

Edited by Yenkaz

Hey guys,

If you want Vela to spawn on the beach for your saves you can use the commands:

iroll20s

SetGlobalValue n_Vela_State 7

Make sure you do this before you ever set foot on the beach, otherwise it won't work!

Also the "n_Vela_State" is case sensitive.

Also also this will disable achievements, if those matter to you.

Let me know if you have any problems =)

Do you know if this will merely restore her on the beach, or set the state so that she's preserved as 'normal' fr the rest of the game? (As I understand it, she's also supposed to work as a crew member, but doesn't for anyone?)

Hey guys,

iroll20s

Make sure you do this before you ever set foot on the beach, otherwise it won't work!

Do you know if this will merely restore her on the beach, or set the state so that she's preserved as 'normal' fr the rest of the game? (As I understand it, she's also supposed to work as a crew member, but doesn't for anyone?)

This command sets her variable to what it should be when you import a save having kept her. Everything should behave exactly the same from that point forward. Also, since you're only altering this one very specific variable, it shouldn't mess with anything else in the game. That being said, it is a debug command, so there is still the risk of something going wrong somewhere unfortunately.

Also I thought this was the case but I just confirmed with our design team; Vela is not intended to be a member of your crew. They didn't want her getting injuries and possibly dying during ship combats. The intended design behind the little orlan is that she hangs out inside of your ship and can be talked to, and can have banters with all the companions.

Hopefully that helps, even if it's not necessarily the answer everyone wanted =(

• Like 1

I try my very best.

Hey guys,

iroll20s

This command sets her variable to what it should be when you import a save having kept her. Everything should behave exactly the same from that point forward. Also, since you're only altering this one very specific variable, it shouldn't mess with anything else in the game. That being said, it is a debug command, so there is still the risk of something going wrong somewhere unfortunately.

Also I thought this was the case but I just confirmed with our design team; Vela is not intended to be a member of your crew. They didn't want her getting injuries and possibly dying during ship combats. The intended design behind the little orlan is that she hangs out inside of your ship and can be talked to, and can have banters with all the companions.

Hopefully that helps, even if it's not necessarily the answer everyone wanted =(

I'm entirely fine with her not being a crew member as long as it's WAD. I really wish we could have had an early quickfix specifically for importing or creating savegames since it seems "only" to be caused by flags not being marked as they should, rather than missing content, but I do understand the desire for a patch covering other stuff like the Mac users all at once.

Now, I'm hoping that applying the command won't somehow cause trouble with the update. Wish me luck.

Hey guys,

iroll20s

Ah, that makes sense then, I figured she was just bugged since I couldn't have any conversations with her haha. Do you know if there are any actual conversations you can have with her besides the one on the beach with Engrem and the ones she has automatically with companions? If I talk to her I just seem to get generic sailor dialogue (i.e. "Where to next Captain?")

• Like 1

My playthrough of PoE1 is years ago and unfortunately I do not remember every single decision I had taken.

Is there a way to see my past decisions / flags from the savegame? I do have the gamecomplete.savegame, and I was able to import it into PoE2. (I'm under macOS if that matters...)

Do I understand correctly that Vela's showing up (as designed and intended) in PoE2 is dependent on a PoE1 decision? Ie, if my imported savegame doesn't have the right flag, there's no use for me in waiting for the patch, right?

I've already started PoE2 over after ca 10 hours into the game once I had found the workaround for importing a Mac App Store PoE1 gamecomplete.savegame into a GOG PoE2. Now I'm again at the same point in the game, and I'd like to avoid spending more hours before again beginning a new game after the patch is out... It's made even worse by that tedious character creation prologue. Would be nice to be able to skip it after experiencing it once. It's a nice story-telling element, but it quickly becomes annoying when you're forced to start the game from beginning a couple of times due to bugs...

sorry for the necro, I'm not even sure this is still actual or not

After spending my free time for the past N weeks replaying poe1 to get my legacy just the way I wanted it, Vela was properly spawned on the ebach, so I thought all well what is well.

But after repairing the ship, when I go on the on-deck view, she's nowhere to be found :(

I don't know if that's working as intended or if it's still bugged

Anyway, after finagling with the console, I managed to spawn her as a crew member using

RecruitCrewMember CRW_Orlan_Child Store_CityMap_PortMaje

but reading as she's not meant to be an actual crew member, I may have done the wrong right thing? the right wrong thing? the wrong wrong thing? :p