So I know that Eder normally joins you on the beach at the beginning of the game. My Eder was in the opening sequences but now he's gone?? Is this a bug? He's not dead in my PoE save game.

(I'm still at the beginning of the game so please no spoilers past Port Maje, I just want to know if I'm still able to get Eder or if I'm screwed)

Try hitting Cntrl-H to hide the HUD and hitting it again to unhide it.  I've been having problems with my HUD not showing new party members as they join me.

• Like 1

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.

So I know that Eder normally joins you on the beach at the beginning of the game. My Eder was in the opening sequences but now he's gone?? Is this a bug? He's not dead in my PoE save game.

(I'm still at the beginning of the game so please no spoilers past Port Maje, I just want to know if I'm still able to get Eder or if I'm screwed)

Ok solved it, the initial fight tutorial actually matters and who of your crew survives is decided there. You can loose Eder and several other crew members if you are not careful...

Basically means i have to restart the game :/

Edited by pstone
  • Like 1

Ok solved it, the initial fight tutorial actually matters and who of your crew survives is decided there. You can loose Eder and several other crew members if you are not careful...

Do you mean if you save the crate instead of crewmember? Because Eder definitely survived the opening fight, and if it was that damn crate well then the consequences were not communicated to the player whatsoever

Do you mean if you save the crate instead of crewmember? Because Eder definitely survived the opening fight, and if it was that damn crate well then the consequences were not communicated to the player whatsoever

No, i mean the actual fight against the pirates. Just tried a second time and actually looked who lives and dies. Eder was there when i woke on the beach after the storm now, but the lady on the ship (caught below the barrel last) didn't survive this time around, so she wasn't there...

Edited by pstone
  • Like 1

Yeah, this happened to me too on my first exploratory delve into the intro. Eder died in the pirate fight, and never shows up on the beach. 

Which, yes, is kind of awesome in terms of consequences, but is also kind of bull****. You can't control Eder during the pirate fight, and things like Second Chance from his Saint's War Armor also doesn't proc while he's still an NPC, which means you basically have to babysit him throughout that fight.

At least it was not like I had the time to play much beyond the beach anyway; a blessing in disguise, since restarting isn't going to be as painful as it could have been.

• Like 1

Guest FireGodLike

Eder survived the fight and was on the beach, but at first I didn't figure how to equip the weapons, so it was bar-knuckle versus swords!

If this is true, I actually kind of respect it? It's not often you get such dire consequences so early in a game.

I get that. Normally I'd agree.

In this case though it was more an issue of communicating that consequence-- tell me he died at least! 

(Also I'm still not entirely convinced this wasn't a bug-- my recollection was Eder and other crew taking down the last enemy while was character was stuck behind them out of reach and with no ranged weapon to switch to.)

Interesting, I didn't even know he could die in that fight, I've never had any trouble saving most, if not all, of the people there. 

I respect that death is permanent. 

I also respect that if you tell Berath to go screw themselves in the beginning of the game the game actually ends with your character submitting to the Wheel and the credits roll. 

• Like 1

This is interesting - I was unable to find Eder and thought maybe he died in my pirate fight (Like mentioned in previous posts).  So I decided to restart (3rd time) but this time I didn't pre-load my history from PoE I.  Now when I join my body he is next to me and telling me he is the captain. 

With the PoE I history, the statue was the one who greeted me and I was called captain by the crewman that enters your quarters. 

Has anyone else seen this?  Did I kill Eder in PoE I? 

I think there's a bug right now where the fight ends early despite enemies still being present. It just fades out to cutscene. So you can lose Eder through no fault of your own. Ooowee. Fairly sure what happened to me. Luckily I restarted because I wanted to do proper save game import, which I didn't do stupidly, anyway, this time I got the chance to play the entire fight, and his wonderful self was there waiting for me.

Still, bugs aside, pretty cool. Makes the game quite a bit more challenging at the start! (Provided you don't buy mercs.)

Can you romance Eder?

Edited by Ignatius

I think there's a bug right now where the fight ends early despite enemies still being present. It just fades out to cutscene. So you can lose Eder through no fault of your own. Ooowee. Fairly sure what happened to me. Luckily I restarted because I wanted to do proper save game import, which I didn't do stupidly, anyway, this time I got the chance to play the entire fight, and his wonderful self was there waiting for me.

Still, bugs aside, pretty cool. Makes the game quite a bit more challenging at the start! (Provided you don't buy mercs.)

Can you romance Eder?

No Bug. You cant just die. Before you die the cut comes. So you have 2 option Win the fight without a named charachter dies. (or the one you want alive) or you get the attention and die as fast as possible and everyone survives x)

Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/gluurak

My Pillars of Eternity Let's Play playlist: http://bit.ly/2tlcVR5

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/GlurakLP

My Suikoden German Translation Project: http://www.snes-projects.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3131

• 2 weeks later...

I have the weird situation of Eder not turning up at all, not before the pirate fight and not on the beach. It's possible he's around somewhere, I did manage to find Pellegina, but Aloth is also missing from where you're supposed to meet up. I wonder where Eder is...

This happened to me in one game. I had to restart to make him spawn on the beach. I assumed he'd died on the boat. In my current pt, the woman who's normally on the boat when you land on the beach is missing. I was lucky to not get too many bugs in my first pt, but any game I've started since then has been glitchy as hell. -

edited to add, while it may be an interesting feature, it would help if we were actually told and not left guessing. In a game with this amount of bugs, it's hard to tell when something like that was intentional. Also might be off putting to new players? I find the longass intro to be really offputting and can imagine some people ditching the game before they even get to actually play xD

Edited by Slotharingia
  • Like 1

nvAeseu.png

With mine, Eder wasn't even in the chair when you wake up. I don't recall any particular weird ending from the POE1 game I imported, so it's a very strange bug.

if he's not there to greet you then he died in your poe save

• Like 2