[Companions] Eder is bugged even in manually created legacy

Aramintai

Question

So not only is he bugged in imported save legacy to have a Night Market ending even if it was supposed to be mayor of Dyrford, but even when creating manual legacy both "strengthened his faith" or "made him skeptical" options lead him to say that he went on to visit his parents in Aedyr :facepalm:

I didn't look much further, but manual legacies need a closer look too. There could be other bugs there.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 11

21 answers to this question

Same here. Luckily I spoke with Edèr early on and figured it out then. I hope this isn't a pervasive problem with legacy feature, and that it gets solved quickly. I just spent, like, 2 cumulative days getting the perfect endgame.

Edited by RoboticWater
  • Like 3

Greetings everyone, friendly neighborhood PoE2 QA Tester.

Sorry you are all experiencing this. We are attempting to get to the bottom of this issue on our end.

Thank you for all your support!

Edited by cnealob

ObsidianEric over on reddit claimed that a fix will be retroactive. Not sure how that works with Eder's medallion - is it going to be taken away? - but we might not need to start a new save to fix this.

ObsidianEric over on reddit claimed that a fix will be retroactive. Not sure how that works with Eder's medallion - is it going to be taken away? - but we might not need to start a new save to fix this.

From another thread I was reading it sounds like the global states have to be set before you first encounter the NPC or area in question, so I doubt it's possible for the hotfix to be retroactive, but who knows?

It seems like the flag is getting set (at least if the history is made manually) as Eder has a necklace that mentions him becoming Mayor however the conversation attached to it seems to be the bugged part as it remains as if the player never completed his quest. 

What would be the point of fixing it halfway through a game? It wouldn't change the conversations you already had with him, and it wouldn't change the interactions he had with other NPC/Companions. 

As to avoid the current issues regarding the imports, I decided to create a custom and manual world-state using the in-game options. Unfortunately such came to no avail, as it seems my choices regarding Eder still isn't working. I selected that he have his faith restored in Eothas and join the Night Market, and indeed he does have an amulet pertaining to said organization. However, the dialog is treating it as though he fled to Aedyr to find his parents; the ending you'd get if you ignored his quest entirely.

Is there a solution to this issue? Is it just this single line of dialog, or is his quest bugged out? I appreciate any help you can provide.

They’re working on a fix for this issue that’s supposed to drop Tuesday.

I saw on reddit that they already had the solution to the import bug, so its super frustrating that they are making us wait a whole week before fixing the issue. When he said hotfix I was hoping it meant they would fix it quickly, and not make us wait for the patch.  

I found a workaround here, but modify the game files at your own risk: https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/8i073n/eder_import_not_working_correctly_spoilers_from/dyol90z/

I playing from the beginning and this has made Eder godless once more. Hopefully it's a safe workaround.

Is there a similar solution but in reverse? To make the dialog trigger for Eder still following Eothas? 

Man, this is pretty disappointing. Known issue, but I just saw that Edér has the Night Market medallion even though he was the mayor in my ending. Apparently Aloth and Pallegina are having the exact same issues too, and this is obviously just stuff that we've been able to see early on, it's entirely possible the overall problem will persist even if the early stuff gets fixed. What a shame. Don't even know if I want to continue playing the game now or if I should wait to see how extensive the fix is. I don't want to have to start the game from the beginning if they end up being unable to retro-actively change this.

Edited by Rammstein

I have this bug as well- Eder talks about his parents in Aedyr, despite having the Mayoral medallion that he's supposed to have. This is from a manually created legacy. Could anybody give me a minor spoiler as to whether this comes up or is mentioned again, or whether this option has any more widespread consequences? I'd like to keep playing on my current save, but I doubt this will be fixed in saves that are already several hours in. I'd just forget about it and move on but if this affects something significant later on I'll be miffed.

This happened to me too.  Eder is taking over.

With Patch 1.0.2 ?

Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/gluurak

My Pillars of Eternity Let's Play playlist: http://bit.ly/2tlcVR5

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/GlurakLP

My Suikoden German Translation Project: http://www.snes-projects.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3131