[Input Device] Mouse click doesn't work mostly

purluno

Question

1. A brief summary of the bug.

Most click failed to interact with Game UI.

2. A screen shot of the bug.

YouTube:

3. Detailed steps of how to reproduce the bug.

1) Start the game

2) Click

4. A save file from before the bug occurred.*

None

5. An output.log file.**

See an attached file

output_log.txt

• Like 9

I am running into this problem all the time. Using English version by steam. Only thing that clears it is quitting to desktop and starting over. Eventually in time it crops up again..

It also does not just affect mouse clicks but key press's too.

Atempting the overlay bit  BRB

Played for over an hour without issue with steam overlay off. Seems some corilation with the steam overlay. 

Edited by silverthornJSW

FWIW, I had the exact same issue with PoE 1, and now I have it with PoE 2.

Mouse clicks often register as click and hold, so they don't register the click, and if you click on portraits, they move around when you move the mouse.

You need to turn off steam overlay in game properties in steam library. Select the game in the library press RMB-> properties-> remove Steam overlay checkbox mark and restart the game.

I'm going to try disabling the Steam overlay now, but I was experiencing the following issues, should it be of any use to anyone (or if disabling doesn't fix it for li'l ol' me)

-clicks would seem to register visually (the confirm button would be indented as it does when you click) but I'd need to click again to actually register it

-usually after a bit of time playing, clicks won't register in menus; couldn't click to save, quit, etc and had to alt+tab and close each time

-keyboard input in menus is also iffy; I don't recall having any trouble with character creation (nor the creation of 8 adventurers), nor any keyboard shortcuts, but when typing a name for a save, a letter will be skipped here and there. I thought I was typing too fast, but it didn't matter if I typed more deliberately. 

I'm playing in English. I have a single monitor, but it's an ultrawide (2560x1080). 

yes the beta patch fixed it too for me. 

Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/gluurak

My Pillars of Eternity Let's Play playlist: http://bit.ly/2tlcVR5

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/GlurakLP

My Suikoden German Translation Project: http://www.snes-projects.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3131

Heya Everyone,

Just as a (hopefully) final update. We pushed a fix for this in the beta patch. If you're still having the issue, try downloading the beta patch to see if it fixes it please! If the issue still persists let us know =)

Thanks!

• Like 1

I try my very best.

Heya Everyone,

Just as a (hopefully) final update. We pushed a fix for this in the beta patch. If you're still having the issue, try downloading the beta patch to see if it fixes it please! If the issue still persists let us know =)

Thanks!

Beta patch solved the issue. Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

I'm experiencing this issue as well.   I can reproduce it on every click.  To make a click fail you press LClick or RClick down then you move the mouse  before releasing the click.  If you drift more than a little bit, the different X,Y positions usually result in the click having no effect.  It comes up a lot for me  when I am trying to react quickly to events.        

The easiest demonstration of this is on the start screen where you can click the Continue button to load the last save,  you can click down and see the continue button get visually pressed down, then move the mouse to another position on the Continue button and release - the Continue button will raise back up without triggering the actual event.  It's pretty annoying that you can trigger this problem without exiting the click region for the desired action  (like a character's portrait or a skill)

it looks like you guys can fix it by making the permitted distance between the down'n up larger & ignoring the distance entirely if the upclick is in the same region as the downclick

No idea if the beta fixes this,  I was not able to find a beta access code for steam.

• Like 1

I'm experiencing this issue as well.   I can reproduce it on every click.  To make a click fail you press LClick or RClick down then you move the mouse  before releasing the click.  If you drift more than a little bit, the different X,Y positions usually result in the click having no effect.  It comes up a lot for me  when I am trying to react quickly to events.        

The easiest demonstration of this is on the start screen where you can click the Continue button to load the last save,  you can click down and see the continue button get visually pressed down, then move the mouse to another position on the Continue button and release - the Continue button will raise back up without triggering the actual event.  It's pretty annoying that you can trigger this problem without exiting the click region for the desired action  (like a character's portrait or a skill)

it looks like you guys can fix it by making the permitted distance between the down'n up larger & ignoring the distance entirely if the upclick is in the same region as the downclick

No idea if the beta fixes this,  I was not able to find a beta access code for steam.

You don't need any codes. Just select Beta and download will start automatically.

• Like 1

Found the beta update (thanks Sereno).   Beta has no effect on the clicking issue.  You can still click down on buttons on the game, move to a different region in the button before letting the mouse up and not have the button fire.  

(you can measure the valid distance in the main menu. Clicking on the left side of the O in options then moving to the i before releasing the click results in the options menu not opening,  release a little before the i and the option menu still opens)

Thank you to the folks that advised turning off steam overlay - that fixed the issue.  I was literally banging my head against the wall in frustration.

Are you guys just reading the first page? 

Just right click on the game in steam and click on settings.  Now click Betas. And here select the Beta Branch.  I really hope the patch will go soon out of Beta. So many duplicated bug posts :x

• Like 1

Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/gluurak

My Pillars of Eternity Let's Play playlist: http://bit.ly/2tlcVR5

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/GlurakLP

My Suikoden German Translation Project: http://www.snes-projects.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3131

I hadn't had any problems with this until this evening. I played through the entire game and beat it without this issue ever showing up, but suddenly this evening my left-clicks started sticking (dragging when I wasn't holding left click) and sometimes not registering at all. I thought my mouse was going bad until I realized it was only in Pillars 2 that the issue was occurring. Really weird since it did not happen one single time on my entire playthrough of 50+ hours until this evening.

• Like 2

I hadn't had any problems with this until this evening. I played through the entire game and beat it without this issue ever showing up, but suddenly this evening my left-clicks started sticking (dragging when I wasn't holding left click) and sometimes not registering at all. I thought my mouse was going bad until I realized it was only in Pillars 2 that the issue was occurring. Really weird since it did not happen one single time on my entire playthrough of 50+ hours until this evening.

I too have JUST started experiencing this issue today. For no apparent reason.

I'm thinking that the game has been stealth updated or something because for 40 hours I've had no issues but today I cannot play the game because everytime I click my mouse takes 2 or 3 attempts to register a single click.

Honestly, I expected better from an Obsidian release. Shame that there are these kind of technical bugs.

Thank you to the folks that advised turning off steam overlay - that fixed the issue.  I was literally banging my head against the wall in frustration.

Are you guys just reading the first page? 

Just right click on the game in steam and click on settings.  Now click Betas. And here select the Beta Branch.  I really hope the patch will go soon out of Beta. So many duplicated bug posts :x

Proofs reading is an arcane art - maybe some should spent a few points in Arcana : ;)

the_ultimate.png

Done with Moon Godlike Wizard

It did happened before, but that is only on game menu and not serious( slow but respond ). However today the problem is very serious.

When I:

1) Click any menu button, it highlight but sometime no respond.

2) In save/load game menu, click save/load button but no respond, however scroll "stick" on my mouse pointer even I did not click it before and I am not holding mouse button.

3) Click on in game UI button, ground or interactive objects, sometime no respond 

4) Drag function most of the time no respond

The only thing happens today is Steam has update and ask me to restart steam, then this nightmare begin.

• Like 1

Never have this bug before, but since this morning it's always happening. I've to click almost twice/third for the game to understand what I want to do, and even sometimes the whole UI seems to be disable. I asked some friends and they've got the exact same issue since this day.

I'm trying the beta version, but I just wanted to mention that I did not have this bug since the release of the game (and more than 50H of play).

Also experiencing this as of last night.  Like many others I thought my mouse was going out.  Interacting with dialogs, menus, etc. usually takes multiple clicks before they register.  Moving characters around the world seems to behave normally.  Still on the steam main branch, not beta here. 

Edit: Also forgot to mention, Windows 10 Enterprise, US-English.

Edited by peasantlord