[Input Device] Mouse click doesn't work mostly

purluno

Question

1. A brief summary of the bug.

Most click failed to interact with Game UI.

2. A screen shot of the bug.

YouTube:

3. Detailed steps of how to reproduce the bug.

1) Start the game

2) Click

4. A save file from before the bug occurred.*

None

5. An output.log file.**

See an attached file

output_log.txt

• Like 9

background is animating, sound coming out fine, and menu buttons highlight when mouse over

but i cant click on anything. if i spam left click like crazy, sometimes it clicks but thats it.

pls help! i cant even get past the main menu!!!

• Like 2

Signed up to report this one, seeing the same thing.

I'm noticing if I'm left clicking on portraits it's moving them as well, almost as if left click is being held down but it's not.

• Like 5

Heya everyone,

Sorry you're all going through this. We're trying to pin this one down. Quick question: are you guys using a non-english IME in Windows?

We'll get to the bottom of this don't worry!

• Like 3

I try my very best.

I have a grand version of this where it takes a dozen clicks to do anything, so I never got past the main menu.

Non-english IME, Windows.

• Like 1

Thanks Tigranes!

Can you do me a favor and try switching your default language to English before launching the game? I think there's a work around by temporarily changing your IME to English before PoE2 starts. 

Can you let me know if that works? =)

I try my very best.

Thanks Tigranes!

Can you do me a favor and try switching your default language to English before launching the game? I think there's a work around by temporarily changing your IME to English before PoE2 starts. 

Can you let me know if that works? =)

This seems to work. Thanks!

• Like 1

I'm using English.

Hmm, that's worrying... Do you mind attaching the outputlog that's created after you experience the problem? It can be found in 

Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data

Or

\GOG\Games\Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternity2_Data\

I try my very best.

We may be talking about somewhat different problems.

To be clear, I don't have the "dozen clicks" issue. What I'm seeing is that the game will frequently (but not always) fail to register a click the first time, but it will work after 2-3 tries. This can happen in dialog select boxes, inventory, the character menus, wherever.

Attaching my latest log in case it helps.

output_log.txt

• Like 5

To be clear, I don't have the "dozen clicks" issue. What I'm seeing is that the game will frequently (but not always) fail to register a click the first time, but it will work after 2-3 tries. This can happen in dialog select boxes, inventory, the character menus, wherever.

Thanks a ton! There's a lot of bad stuff in this log so I think it should be useful

I'll keep ya updated on when we find the cause and if there's a work around or not =)

• Like 1

I try my very best.

This was happening to me as well. Occasionally things would work on the first click, usually it would take 2-3, and sometimes it would require a dozen or more.

I managed to fix this by turning off my wireless keyboard, which was damaged by spilled whiskey and subsequently is always sending input (essentially, it functions as if a certain useless key is always being held down -- I forget which one). It's usually not a problem, but for some reason was interfering with mouse input in this case.

There are keyboard testers available online. If your problem sounds like mine, I'd recommend using one to make sure your keyboard isn't sending any input that you're unaware of.

Edited by Nameless_NPC
  • Like 1

I'm having the same problem as this probably. Using English locale. When it happens, the button remains visually in a state as if I was holding down LMB, even if I just briefly clicked. Happens quite irregularly (maybe once every 50 clicks at random places), definitely not a major issue for me but quite annoying nonetheless. It also happened during Backer Beta for me.

Attached a log in case it helps.

output_log.txt

• Like 1

Heya Jacky221,

I'm going to be tracking this issue in https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97411-mouse-click-doesnt-work-mostly/ 

If you haven't yet, pease try the workaround in that thread involving switching to an English IME. If you're already using English as your default language, please sit tight while we investigate the issue =)

• Like 1

I try my very best.

I'm having the same problem as this probably. Using English locale. When it happens, the button remains visually in a state as if I was holding down LMB, even if I just briefly clicked. Happens quite irregularly (maybe once every 50 clicks at random places), definitely not a major issue for me but quite annoying nonetheless. It also happened during Backer Beta for me.

Attached a log in case it helps.

Out of curiosity, are you guys using windowed mode or full screen? And can you try switching to the other (from windowed to fullscreen, or from fullscreen to windowed) to see if that solves the problem?

Sorry about this. It's just real difficult to pinpoint the cause when we can't get the issue to happen at all on our end =(

• Like 1

I try my very best.

Using windowed (at desktop resolution, ie. borderless), switched to fullscreen and tested for a while, can't seem to be able to reproduce the bug. So it might only be present in windowed mode, but at least for me, it was quite infrequent in the first place.

• Like 1

Hi there, also using English and windowed mode and experiencing the same problem (mouse clicks stop working). Attaching the output_log file below, but I see several things near the end that appear to be cursor-related...

The game played fine for an hour or so and then I had to alt+F4 to get out of it when this started happening.

output_log.txt

• Like 2

I am also having this problem.  Mouse clicks just don't seem to register every once in awhile. Sucks that every time I click I have to worry about it not working.

Anyway, I am on a Nvidia 960 card, using a dual monitor setup, I've tried fullscreen and windowed modes, vertical sync on and off, telemetry on and off.  Haven't found a setting to fix it yet.

Loving the game so much that I'm powering through it anyway though. haha.

I've been having the same issue and I might have found a possible solution.

For me, disabling in-game steam overlay did the trick. Haven't had any mouse issues after that.

I hope this helps.

• Like 3

I'm using full screen. I've tried switching to windowed and turning off both "cage cursor" and "screen edge scrolling". Doesn't seem to make a difference.

In case it matters, I'm running a dual-monitor setup. The game is running only in one monitor at 1920x1200.

I've been having the same issue and I might have found a possible solution.

For me, disabling in-game steam overlay did the trick. Haven't had any mouse issues after that.

I hope this helps.

This fixed it for me. Thanks!