[Windows/Nvdia] Game resolution does not match native resolution

ishabaal

Question

On first time startup of PoE:2, from Steam, the game resolution is way bigger then my native resolution. To the point that I cannot access any UI elements and I can only see the Free DLC message box. I have updated my drivers fully, and verified the game cache.

Screenshot of my main menu: https://imgur.com/a/mOYznvu

Steps to reproduce are to start the game.

I have not been able to start playing at all, so there is no save game.

I have attached a zip of the crash report from when I alt-f4 out of the game, as there is no other way to exit.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Here's another possible work around: Try pushing "Alt+Enter" when the game is in focus. This will force it between full screen/windowed mode. This seems to have fixed the issue for a couple of users, and might have the same effect for you guys =)

I try my very best.

I had this happen, too. What I did was to change my desktop resolution to 4k (that's what the game was loading at), start the game, change the game resolution to my native res, exit, revert my desktop resolution back to default, and then play the game.

I had a similar problem but with a less terrible resolution. I could access the config menu and change the game from Windowed to Fullscreen, but then the "Not Optimum Mode Recommended Mode Yadda Yadda" screen attacked. I can't change the game's configuration either because it is just a huge black screen, and I can't find a config file I can edit from outside the game.

Heya ishabaal,

Thanks for pointing this out! We're looking in to this on our end and will add it to our bug database. Hopefully joshl77's workaround is enough to get ya playing right away =)

Thanks again!

I try my very best.

I had this same issue and the 4K fix didn't work as I don't actually have a 4k monitor. For others with this issue, I fixed it by remembering a couple hiccups in other games I have had that required a driver rollback, which I kept putting off because I couldn't be bothered to do it until I absolutely had to today for POE2. Geforce driver 397.31 is pretty unstable on many of the 10XX line of cards. Rolling back to 391.35 fixed this issue for me. Although using DDU in my case, i had to run it once, and then again to clear the Geforce cache and re-run it again to finish cleaning up the old driver in desktop mode because I ran into issues with getting safemode working. Link to post with the fix for my issue: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1049931/geforce-drivers/397-31-will-not-install/post/5332824/#5332824

Here's another possible work around: Try pushing "Alt+Enter" when the game is in focus. This will force it between full screen/windowed mode. This seems to have fixed the issue for a couple of users, and might have the same effect for you guys =)

This helped me solve one of my issues, thank you.