[Mac] Unable to start game, black screen

cheesevillain

Question

I am having this issue as well. this is my mac info:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

I'm having the same problem. I launch the game from Steam and get hit with a black screen and spinning beach ball. Have tried several times and have tried verifying the local files through Steam as well. Here are the specs on my machine:

macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

2017 15-inch MacBook Pro

2.9 GHz i7

16 GB RAM

Radeon Pro 560

Thanks for working on this issue! Can't wait to get into the game. 

Radeon Pro 560 

seriously what the ****...was this game not tested at all on mac? how can so many people have the same problem and yet obsidian still releases this ****?

The problem is isolated to MacBooks, I think.

I'm not so sure about that; I've heard people with iMacs having the same problems; I can't spot any common trait among all the people experiencing it.

Has anyone else noticed that the game as is, right now just straight up eats battery?

I have been testing a bunch of settings and found that the game could eat 15% of a charge just walking down to the pillar in the first section. That doesn't feel right to me.

Has anyone else seen this?

Also yes. I've seen the primary reported issue. My system is a

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

OS High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E199)

Edited by daveh86

seriously what the ****...was this game not tested at all on mac? how can so many people have the same problem and yet obsidian still releases this ****?

The problem is isolated to MacBooks, I think.

Not so for me, I'm on an iMac late 2015 and I have the same problem. I reeeally hope it's a quick fix! 

The same thing is happening with me, unfortunately. I get sucked into the Adra placed into the loading screen then (no doubt to save it from freezing and needing a hard reset) the game quits out and I'm left staring at a reflection of myself in the screen.

My details are:

MacBook Pro Retina, 15 inch, Mid 2014

MacOS Sierra - version 10.12.6

Intel Core i7

I'm having the same problem! Glad to know y'all are aware of it, but WOW I honestly can't believe the game wasn't delayed a bit on Mac to work this out.

High Sierra 10.13.4

13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display, late 2013

2.6 GHz Intel Core i5

Intel Iris 1536 MB

Running the game through Steam. I already tried the "verify install files" thing, and since people are saying uninstalling the game doesn't help, i haven't tried that yet. I also haven't adjusted my graphics settings for the same reason.

Edited by copperleaves

Hi all signed up just for this. But my game is running fine on a mid-2011 iMac. I'm past the first initial act, character customisation etc. Perhaps there's an issue with MacBook Pros?

Other people with iMacs have also experienced this, and their computers are newer.

Hi all signed up just for this. But my game is running fine on a mid-2011 iMac. I'm past the first initial act, character customisation etc. Perhaps there's an issue with MacBook Pros?

Someone else on this thread said they're running a 2015 iMac, and I saw a couple MacBook Airs in here too.

It doesn't seem to be an OS problem bc of how many different versions are in the thread, but MacBook does seem to be pretty common...but not 100%.

So basically it's a newer (post 2013, seems like??) Mac issue that's affecting a lot of us, and it sucks really really bad.

Edited by copperleaves
  • Like 3

Other people with iMacs have also experienced this, and their computers are newer.

Yes, I see now. Two people mention issues with the 2015 iMac. I don’t know if it’ll help devs fix what is wrong but everything is fully functional on my mid-2011 iMac. I’ve a newer model as well and a brand new MacBook Pro so will try on them and report back.

• Like 1

So basically it's a newer (post 2013, seems like??) Mac issue that's affecting a lot of us, and it sucks really really bad.

Ah!

Maybe its an issue with the newer Intel Processors that do CPU scaling? That would only be on newer machines and could explain the mega battery drain I saw.

FWIW it's working fine on my 2014 MBP (though performance leaves much to be desired).

Posting this here in case it helps the devs find the issue.

Screen_Shot_2018-05-09_at_13.29.18.png

Edited by Quantics
  • Like 1