[Mac] Unable to start game, black screen

cheesevillain

Question

Hey all,

I'm trying to get Deadfire running on my circa-2015 Macbook Pro and the game crashes during the prologue right after walking down the purple mist trail and getting sucked into the machine. I've cranked all settings to low, ran validation on files and still having issues. Any other Mac users running into issues?

• Like 1

Hey all,

Sorry to hear you are having these issue on launch! Can you guys let me know which OS you are running? We have been having troubles with Apple trying to get everything set up, so every bit of info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Caleb

• Like 6

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Hi, I am running High Sierra, Version 10.13.4. Is there any other info you would like?

Thank you for looking into this issue!

Hey all,

Sorry to hear you are having these issue on launch! Can you guys let me know which OS you are running? We have been having troubles with Apple trying to get everything set up, so every bit of info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Caleb

• Like 1

Edited to attach my player log which seems to get stuck in a loop at the bottom.

10.13.4 here - same problem as reported.

Hey all,

Thanks,

-Caleb

Player.log.zip

Edited by coreygon

I to am having this issue.

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,4

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBP114.0182.B00

running: 

System Version: macOS 10.13.4 (17E202)

Kernel Version: Darwin 17.5.0

Boot Volume: Macintosh HD

Boot Mode: Normal

• Like 1

Crashes on my MacBook Pro (2016), OS 10.11.6. The tail of the log I get is similar to the one uploaded by OdNua.

In case it's of any use, I also attached a sample from Activity Monitor from when it was hanging.

Edit: However, it runs on my iMac (2013), OS 10.13.4, 16GB RAM (in case that has any relevance)!  The end of the log looks identical, then has a few extra lines about "Ambient Music Transitioning" and "Combat Music Transitioning".

Player.log.zip

Deadfire_Hang_Sample.txt

Edited by Cthulchulain
  • Like 2

Precisely same problem here on my mac. Character is walking down memory lane and once you you enter the next scene there theres just an endless loading screen...... makes me sad, Been waiting eagerly for this game !

macOS: High Sierra

Version: 10.13.4

Mcbook pro (Retina 13-inch, Mid 2014)

Processor: 2,6 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk: Macintosh HD

Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB