I'm not sure if this normal. I have (normally) very good internet and my pre-load of the game only took about 20 minutes. But now it's telling me that before I can play I have to update the game and it'll take OVER A DAY!

???

Is this because everyone is trying to update the game at the same time? It's a shame I can't play it ASAP, considering I pre-ordered and pre-loaded the game.

Edited by Crowstuffs

I'm not sure if this normal. I have (normally) very good internet and my pre-load of the game only took about 20 minutes. But now it's telling me that before I can play I have to update the game and it'll take OVER A DAY!

???

Is this because everyone is trying to update the game at the same time? It's a shame I can't play it ASAP, considering I pre-ordered and pre-loaded the game.

Yeah, it's just a spike because we are a lot of nerds trying to do the same thing at the same time. Mine initially said it would take more than 1 year. But it's cool now. It'll be done in 20 minutes or so.

Or as Aaron Rodgers would say; R-E-L-A-X... Relax.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Mine says it's "unpacking" and that it will take 1 to 3 days.

As far as i know, Steam is unpacking the 18 gigs. This should take around 40 gigs on your HDD. Depending on your drive this can take even an hour or more. Steam will jump from acceptable time to +1 year.