Known Major Issues

SChin

Question

Below is a list of issues we know about that may currently affect players.  WATCH OUT!

General Issues

• Many users are experiencing extended waits for downloading and installing of the game.
  • There are rare cases where users are unable to load or see their save files.
  • Some users are reporting loss of clicking functionality on higher resolution monitors.  Playing on a lower resolution should fix this issue until a fix is in.
  • Some GOG users may be having trouble installing the game. (GOG support seems to fix this)
  • In rare cases, the client may crash when transitioning to the World Map.
  • Hired adventurers do not play voice over during their character creation.
  • There are some characters that are missing a line or two of voice over.
  • On rare occasions, players may get a black screen when loading a save game.  Restarting the client should fix the issue.
  • Larger scenes like Queen's Berth are known to have lower frame rates.
  • Some abilities obtained from item enchantments are missing their icons.
  • Players cannot reverse pickpocket hostile NPCs.
  • Characters engaging targets will follow the target during idle stances(recovery), preventing engagement breaks and opportunity attacks.

As we fix things, we will be putting them into a Patch Beta branch for public testing.  This will allow players to access the fixes sooner before they go live.  Saves should work for both builds interchangeably.  You can find the list of fixes here.

If you want to participate in the Patch Beta branch to see how the fixes are coming along, you can find information about that here.

• Like 9

Logged in today and my Ranger is stuck with an infinite reload bug. regardless of command given, or unequipping all weapons and reequipping them, the character will try to continuously reload their weapon

The quest "A Fruitful Alliance" is broken. If you dare to do Crookspur (by which I mean more than releasing the slaves) before meeting the Wahaki tribe or if you dare do it before the Queen is supposed to send you to this tribe during the "A Fruitful Alliance" quest it totally bugs out. How exactly you expect a player to not do it or do it in a correct order is beyond me. The Crookspur quest for the pirates is basically their second quest, which means you will complete it fairly early and either slaughter the leader of the Wahaki or help her.

This is definitely bad news for me, as I haven't been to the Wahaki island yet, because it's bloody far away.

Crookspur itself seems a bit bugged too. I've cleared out the place, but can't go north of the landing location by land to get to the other places, like you can for Neketaka and other big-ish islands.

Crookspur itself seems a bit bugged too. I've cleared out the place, but can't go north of the landing location by land to get to the other places, like you can for Neketaka and other big-ish islands.

I'm not sure if this is intended, but you can get there through a cave in Crookspur's dungeon.

The save game bug seems to happen after you swap party members or retrain or even level up and then step out of a party changing zone for me. I make two saves now, expecting one to be murdered. Makes me think somehow the game is treating save files like quicksaves.

It doesn't seem to be mentioned there and I've already posted about it in another thread but I guess I'll post it here too just in case.

Some companion questlines or dialogues are bugged. When I got to the Old City Ruins in Nekataka and let Xoti do her lantern thing, the conversation icon appeared on her portrait but once I clicked on it, nothing happened. And from there onwards, Xoti hasn't said anything new at all. Seems like other people are also complaining about Maia (link to the post with the save game) and I'm sure that something similar happened to Éder in the beginning but I didn't pay any mind back then.

It's a bit annoying since I don't even know if I can get Xoti's prompt again without losing progress now. I'll wait for the next patch to continue playing to see if it solves this issue.

• Like 1

I have this bug where I can’t go from abovedeck to the world map. I’m avoiding visiting it but some quests require it to start. Can I do anything to fix it? Also is the engwithan digsite bug solved? I used console command to go inside because I couldn’t

Also another bug I have is that I sometimes plant bombs with reverse pickpocket on enemy NPCs and they do no harm

Edited by Kargouel