Known Major Issues

SChin

Question

Below is a list of issues we know about that may currently affect players.  WATCH OUT!

General Issues

• Many users are experiencing extended waits for downloading and installing of the game.
  • There are rare cases where users are unable to load or see their save files.
  • Some users are reporting loss of clicking functionality on higher resolution monitors.  Playing on a lower resolution should fix this issue until a fix is in.
  • Some GOG users may be having trouble installing the game. (GOG support seems to fix this)
  • In rare cases, the client may crash when transitioning to the World Map.
  • Hired adventurers do not play voice over during their character creation.
  • There are some characters that are missing a line or two of voice over.
  • On rare occasions, players may get a black screen when loading a save game.  Restarting the client should fix the issue.
  • Larger scenes like Queen's Berth are known to have lower frame rates.
  • Some abilities obtained from item enchantments are missing their icons.
  • Players cannot reverse pickpocket hostile NPCs.
  • Characters engaging targets will follow the target during idle stances(recovery), preventing engagement breaks and opportunity attacks.

As we fix things, we will be putting them into a Patch Beta branch for public testing.  This will allow players to access the fixes sooner before they go live.  Saves should work for both builds interchangeably.  You can find the list of fixes here.

If you want to participate in the Patch Beta branch to see how the fixes are coming along, you can find information about that here.

• Like 9

Have to come back to this post. I solved the issue where the game stopped responding to the mouse at all, and had to be killed in the task manager, but I still have the issue that the game is very unresponsive to mouseclicks. I have to click most things multiple times before anything happens. This means I often end up skipping stuff in convos, or pick the wrong option as I'm auto reclicking, and battles are a slog as half of what I select never happens. My Windows is in English, and again, I'm not sure if this counts as the "clicks not registering" bug.

What fixed that for me was setting fullscreen to fullscreen rather than windowed. The game was so frustrating with that click bug.

OS Language was already set to English (Ireland).

Wanted to get back to you on this. I did as you suggested and it definitely got better, though it does still happen. I also noticed Steam automatically rechecks the "enable steam overlay" when it updates itself xD

nvAeseu.png

No mention of the terrible framerates many people are having.

Yeah that one bothers me and a lot of other players even though I am playing on:

- Intel Core i7-6700HQ
- GeForce GTX 1070
- 16GB
My FPS is really terrible most of the time, there is a thread about it already: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98100-extremely-low-fps-on-high-powered-pc/?p=2020820

Can we have this issue addressed? What is causing it? 

Did anyone note the showstopper bug that occurs where saves become corrupt and can't be loaded? Can't play currently because my last 5 saves all say 'Error Loading Next Map'. This is probably one of the most serious bugs out there since I can't even load the game and use cheats to fix the corrupted data like I did many times in PoE1.

So, I just completed the entire Principi questline up to landing on Ukaizo and I still didn't get the achievement even though that's supposed to be fixed : /

EDIT: Loading the autosave from when I reached Ukaizo then gave me the achievement. I'm wondering if when they "fixed" it they just made it check to see if you fulfilled the conditions on load.

Edited by Frostwyrmwraith
  • Like 1

PC - Steam - game crashes with error unable to load next map before even getting to character creation. fresh install both base and beta patches. 

Resolved - I had to create the users\user\saved games\pillars of eternity II folder manually and make sure the user,admins, and system had full control. now the game works fine.

Edited by DarthVendar

Below is a list of issues we know about that may currently affect players.  WATCH OUT!

General Issues

• Some Mac users are experiencing a crash when being pulled into the adra during the prologue.
  • Some players are experiencing issues where mouse clicks are not registering. (Setting language in Windows to English should fix this until patched)
  • Many users are experiencing extended waits for downloading and installing of the game.
  • Some GOG users may be having trouble installing the game. (GOG support seems to fix this)
  • In rare cases, the client may crash when transitioning to the World Map.
  • Hired adventurers do not play voice over during their character creation.
  • There are some characters that are missing a line or two of voice over.
  • On rare occasions, players may get a black screen when loading a save game.  Restarting the client should fix the issue.
  • Players on Story difficulty may find if their crew mutinies, that the crew cannot die keeping the player in combat.  Changing the difficulty to Relaxed for the combat then back to Story should fix the issue.
  • Larger scenes like Queen's Berth are known to have lower frame rates.
  • Some abilities obtained from item enchantments are missing their icons.
  • Players cannot reverse pickpocket hostile NPCs.
  • It is possible for players to get stuck in combat in the Deadlight Court if players alert the fort and are seen from behind the locked door.  Most times this occurs, combat will end if the party moves to the side.
  • Vela is not on the beach when importing a save from Pillars 1.  Players can have her show up in the game if they create a history in the PoE1 History creator.
  • Players who completed Pillars 1 with Eder becoming mayor of Dyrford may notice that he became a member of the Night Market instead during Deadfire.
  • Achievement "Gold, Greed, and Guts" does not unlock.
  • Characters engaging targets will follow the target during idle stances(recovery), preventing engagement breaks and opportunity attacks.
  • Players are unable to set or save cloned AI behaviors properly for some classes.  This puts the game into a bad state that deletes quick saves upon area transition.

As we fix things, we will be putting them into a Patch Beta branch for public testing.  This will allow players to access the fixes sooner before they go live.  Saves should work for both builds interchangeably.  You can find the list of fixes here.

If you want to participate in the Patch Beta branch to see how the fixes are coming along, you can find information about that here.

Are you all aware that some of our save games a just disappearing?

Can we get a Fix on Saves Dissappearing? Happened to me Yesterday Morning, Saved Game, Closed it, Reopened game and Poof saves gone, And can we also get Windowed FulLScreen(I Feel like this Should have been int he game from the start)

• Like 1

Can we add the latest patch is not registering fullscreen mode as actual fullscreen mode?I keep getting screen tearing and jitter with the new patch.(it was like this when it was beta patch too.)Game was fine before.And no.Changing v-sync settings doesn't fix it.

This would also explain the worst performance people are getting because real fullscreen is supposed to give you better performance.(which this beta/patch removed for some reason)

Edited by Wiseude

Have a persistent problems with enemies not dying but becoming untargetable in combat instead.  First started on the Painted Mask village (after going in the back entrance- cleared the cave, but usually one villager or animal companion shows this behavior outside).  Seemed unavoidable, so I left without exploring the village.

Recurred again in a random shrine on an island, reloaded, didn't recur

Started a fight at the slave auction in Crookspur, now have three separate untargetable enemies standing around casting spells, keeping me in combat.  I suspect this will be a persistent problem for the rest of this playthrough.

Tried again, and now Aloth is at 0 Health with no injuries, red portrait and unselectable. 

Edited by Voss

I feel like quests not triggering/completing correctly if you don't do the map in a precise order ought to be listed here as I've seen quite a few people mention it. If it's going to be open world, then you shouldn't be able to complete a quest before getting it. Already having items you need for a quest isn't a problem, but talking to someone who randomly prattles about something you allegedly did for them that you know nothing about is just broken. For instance, if you go down the lift in the Gullet before going to the Palace, you'll get the Queen's brother talking to you as if he already gave you some quest there and you have to provide a response that makes no sense unless you already played the game and know what he's talking about. This either shouldn't happen, or areas should remain locked until you acquired access via the quest/s required.

Edited by Slotharingia
  • Like 2

nvAeseu.png

Well you guys have several issues not mentioned at all in here. I already posted this bug in the thread it was for but since this bug has been known for more than a week and it isn't mentioned and it hasn't been solved or adressed at all I'm doing so here again:

The quest "A Fruitful Alliance" is broken. If you dare to do Crookspur (by which I mean more than releasing the slaves) before meeting the Wahaki tribe or if you dare do it before the Queen is supposed to send you to this tribe during the "A Fruitful Alliance" quest it totally bugs out. How exactly you expect a player to not do it or do it in a correct order is beyond me. The Crookspur quest for the pirates is basically their second quest, which means you will complete it fairly early and either slaughter the leader of the Wahaki or help her.

So I don't exactly know what prevents "A Fruitful Alliance" from firing. However for a lot of people it doesn't or, if it does, it doesn't update properly or the proper conversation options aren't displayed and so forth and so on. In my case the quest doesn't even show up in the questlog and there are no conversation options with the Queen or the Wahaki tribe leader after the trial for blowing up the Powder house. I'm attaching two saves via Dropbox for you guys to check out and I hope this get's fixed as do the many annoying little questbugs that Slotharingia mentioned (like finding the Ashen Maw, entering it, figuring out that it isn't just a throwaway dungeon before doing anything, leaving and then not actually getting to have a conversation with Eothas in the lighthouse yet still having the conversation options as if you did with your companions and the gods and having to guess what he said etc.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxb7ztjjtpyf4mt/Chrystov%20%282b4abc3e-97d4-4d3e-9263-276b99c7273e%29%20autosave_2.savegame?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jpaj7wosla5qer/Chrystov%20%28KahangaPalace%29%20%282b4abc3e-97d4-4d3e-9263-276b99c7273e%29%20%28785952207%29.savegame?dl=0

And before anybody asks: yes I did a bit of cheating to check out certain options in dialogue trees and so forth. Don't kill me for it. 

Edited by hedop
  • Like 1

Is it known when there are corrected mistakes in the game? So a bit hopelessly yes twelve days after the premiere of the game, there is no patch and it isn't possible to play. Not to it I wrote myself buying the product......

So I didn't see the respect bug listed. The one where you lose all your watcher abilities and others bonuses when you respec.

I was thinking the same thing. A terrible bug.

Yeah. That bug annoys me cause I'm waiting on retraining my main.

• Like 1

So I didn't see the respect bug listed. The one where you lose all your watcher abilities and others bonuses when you respec.

I was thinking the same thing. A terrible bug.

Yeah. That bug annoys me cause I'm waiting on retraining my main.

I forgot about it and now my main sucks xD

nvAeseu.png

I have encountered numerous AI issues where pets will not act according to aggression stance and you cant set pets to knockdown in AI editor, sometime a character will act as if AI is passive and turned off (even when set to aggressive) and sometimes the whole team will act that way (this happened to me when I turned on scaling) so they all just stand there unless given a command every time something dies. When this happens they will also shut down and stand there if they don't immediately see a path to the directed target. Sometimes a character will repeatedly perform the same action over and over even though you have a long delay set for that action. These issues don't change by turning stances to passive and back to aggressive, changing AI sets or reloading game. 

Edited by Jackbpace

I encountered another "fun" gamebreaking bug. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, though maybe I just missed it. On the "Matter of Import" quest, I pick up the smuggled boxes, sail a bit, and the stowaway emerges. The issue is that the game gets stuck on the transition back to sailing. Have to admit to some frustration, especially after the Engwithan Sub-Level freeze that first week.

What gets my goat isn't the quest bugs or the loading times. Its the lack of translation between ship combat and fighting on the decks. I wiped out an entire crew of a ship, and yet they still managed to heave ho during the boarding. Downing a Galleons crew with the Sloop and then boarding should be rewarding not detrimental. I have seen that one or two might be laying face down on the deck but I did manage to kill the entire crew complement, numbers just don't add up... Also on the players side of things, every single hireling and companion you have joins the fight, where be meh crew? I hope in time that this can be patched, I loved that fact when I first played I sat slack jawed for hours. Let's do our best to make it days.