Known Major Issues

SChin

Question

Below is a list of issues we know about that may currently affect players.  WATCH OUT!

General Issues

• Many users are experiencing extended waits for downloading and installing of the game.
  • There are rare cases where users are unable to load or see their save files.
  • Some users are reporting loss of clicking functionality on higher resolution monitors.  Playing on a lower resolution should fix this issue until a fix is in.
  • Some GOG users may be having trouble installing the game. (GOG support seems to fix this)
  • In rare cases, the client may crash when transitioning to the World Map.
  • Hired adventurers do not play voice over during their character creation.
  • There are some characters that are missing a line or two of voice over.
  • On rare occasions, players may get a black screen when loading a save game.  Restarting the client should fix the issue.
  • Larger scenes like Queen's Berth are known to have lower frame rates.
  • Some abilities obtained from item enchantments are missing their icons.
  • Players cannot reverse pickpocket hostile NPCs.
  • Characters engaging targets will follow the target during idle stances(recovery), preventing engagement breaks and opportunity attacks.

As we fix things, we will be putting them into a Patch Beta branch for public testing.  This will allow players to access the fixes sooner before they go live.  Saves should work for both builds interchangeably.  You can find the list of fixes here.

If you want to participate in the Patch Beta branch to see how the fixes are coming along, you can find information about that here.

• Like 9

Below is a list of issues we know about that may currently affect players.  WATCH OUT!

General Issues

•  
  • Achievement "Gold, Greed, and Guts" does not unlock.
  •  

When this is fixed will it be auto-given to those who have completed it or will we have to do it again? 

You can just load up your save I guess. I never understood achivements.. its some new generation gimmick to pad people on the head. But to each his own :)

• Like 1

Save import bugs - Pallegina mentions that she was a caravan guard after being banished, even though she ended up as a Kind Wayfarer in my ending.

- This may or may not be one, but Maia mentions that Kana came back to Rauatai with stories of the Engwith and helped Rauatai greatly expand to the North. Does that                                  seem normal for his affable eccentric ending?

Other potential bug - Xoti had a big argument with Pallegina after only one negative reaction to something Pallegina said. I had just recruited Pallegina, and I didn't even leave the Vailian                                      Trading Company headquarters when it happened.

Afaik they will fix all the related save import with the patch next week.

Have to come back to this post. I solved the issue where the game stopped responding to the mouse at all, and had to be killed in the task manager, but I still have the issue that the game is very unresponsive to mouseclicks. I have to click most things multiple times before anything happens. This means I often end up skipping stuff in convos, or pick the wrong option as I'm auto reclicking, and battles are a slog as half of what I select never happens. My Windows is in English, and again, I'm not sure if this counts as the "clicks not registering" bug.

nvAeseu.png

Hello Guys, how to fix this? I've tried to change settings, update GPU driver- nothing helped 

It's running on win 10, i5-3470, 8gb memory, R9 380 4gb

I had similar problem - I reduced game graphics settings to medium and that helped.

Have to come back to this post. I solved the issue where the game stopped responding to the mouse at all, and had to be killed in the task manager, but I still have the issue that the game is very unresponsive to mouseclicks. I have to click most things multiple times before anything happens. This means I often end up skipping stuff in convos, or pick the wrong option as I'm auto reclicking, and battles are a slog as half of what I select never happens. My Windows is in English, and again, I'm not sure if this counts as the "clicks not registering" bug.

What fixed that for me was setting fullscreen to fullscreen rather than windowed. The game was so frustrating with that click bug.

OS Language was already set to English (Ireland).

General Issues

•  
  • Achievement "Gold, Greed, and Guts" does not unlock.
  •  

When this is fixed will it be auto-given to those who have completed it or will we have to do it again? 

You can just load up your save I guess. I never understood achivements.. its some new generation gimmick to pad people on the head. But to each his own :)

ah i love achievements.  makes me feel like i've done something.  yeah a pat on the head :) 

i had a thought that i might not have gotten the achievement because i sided with Aeldys instead of Furrante so i tried again this time on Furrante's side but still no luck.   Maybe because i'm on story mode?  I dunno.  

Created history gives no shards of the Blade of the Endless Path, despite taking 'reforged the blade of the endless path'.  70 hours of playing the Character Creation Dungeon (plus at least a few hours of actual play each character) and I finally end up on one I think might be the one, and I have the Whisper shards but not the Blade.  Sigh.  At this point I'm not sure ANY of the import/creation pathing works reliably.

Yes, I also encountered that bug. As soon as Pallegina joined Xoti got hysterical. Pretty sure it's not supposed to happen like this.

And my Eder's bugged too (should be mayor but with Night Market). I really hope this coming patch will fix this. Am ready to abandon my first PT as it stands. Sigh.

Other potential bug - Xoti had a big argument with Pallegina after only one negative reaction to something Pallegina said. I had just recruited Pallegina, and I didn't even leave the Vailian                                      Trading Company headquarters when it happened.

Probably should be added to the list: level scaling doesn't work. It's kind of a major one.

You would think so.

Being able to one shot dragons isn’t a priority at obsidian atm apparently

The game is currently completely broken. It is almost impossible to die on the hardest difficulty POTD

Edited by master guardian
  • Like 1

Probably should be added to the list: level scaling doesn't work. It's kind of a major one.

You would think so.

The game is currently completely broken. It is almost impossible to die on the hardest difficulty POTD

Man, one-shotting a dragon would be great if I could get past the prologue. 

You would think so.

It probably shouldn't be a priority consider that the vast majority of players will never play anything about Normal.

Not saying they shouldn't fix it, of course, but the number of people affected is infinitesimal compared to the crashes and import issues.

So a bit hard to keep track in this thread but there's no mention of issues with the reputation/disposition system in the 'known issues list'...

Did Obsidian acknowledge the issue or is it 'as-designed'?

Edited by Bentzi

So a bit hard to keep track in this thread but there's no mention of issues with the reputation/disposition system in the 'known issues list'...

Did Obsidian acknowledge the issue or is is 'as-designed'?

It can't possibly be designed. I had to use a mod to go back to PoE 1 scaling to get rid of having +4 disposition in almost everything.

Did Obsidian acknowledge the issue or is is 'as-designed'?

It can't possibly be designed. I had to use a mod to go back to PoE 1 scaling to get rid of having +4 disposition in almost everything.

Yeah I know what you mean that the disposition issues can't be as-designed but I'm also referring to the companion system (wasn't really evident by my post). The fact they snap at each other almost instantly or initiate romance with my character pretty quickly...

I hope Obsidian addresses this issue quickly, I'm just curious if there's any point waiting for a fix or just play it as is