Known Major Issues

SChin

Question

Below is a list of issues we know about that may currently affect players.  WATCH OUT!

General Issues

• Many users are experiencing extended waits for downloading and installing of the game.
  • There are rare cases where users are unable to load or see their save files.
  • Some users are reporting loss of clicking functionality on higher resolution monitors.  Playing on a lower resolution should fix this issue until a fix is in.
  • Some GOG users may be having trouble installing the game. (GOG support seems to fix this)
  • In rare cases, the client may crash when transitioning to the World Map.
  • Hired adventurers do not play voice over during their character creation.
  • There are some characters that are missing a line or two of voice over.
  • On rare occasions, players may get a black screen when loading a save game.  Restarting the client should fix the issue.
  • Larger scenes like Queen's Berth are known to have lower frame rates.
  • Some abilities obtained from item enchantments are missing their icons.
  • Players cannot reverse pickpocket hostile NPCs.
  • Characters engaging targets will follow the target during idle stances(recovery), preventing engagement breaks and opportunity attacks.

As we fix things, we will be putting them into a Patch Beta branch for public testing.  This will allow players to access the fixes sooner before they go live.  Saves should work for both builds interchangeably.  You can find the list of fixes here.

If you want to participate in the Patch Beta branch to see how the fixes are coming along, you can find information about that here.

• Like 9

I guess "constantly crashing, all the goddamn time" isn't a known major issue yet.

It should be.

That's nothing compared to game not working on OSX.. 

I mean, it's basically the same. I can see the main menu, but that's it. Have to skip through the intro cinematics because letting them play will crash the game. Can't even make it to character creation because the game can't hold itself together long enough to do so. Deadfire is a hot mess.

Pls any eta of when the "I cant click ANYTHING anymore" bug is gonna get fixed (or atleast word if its a top prio) 

I needed to alt f4 6 times within 30 mins it really annoys me since I cant play it Bordlerless Window so I need to wait for it to slowly start up then hope it doesnt crash into blackscreen .. then once I am ingame I play 5 mins and I cant use abilitys loot save the game NOTHING it is really breaking this game for me

Pls any eta of when the "I cant click ANYTHING anymore" bug is gonna get fixed (or atleast word if its a top prio) 

I needed to alt f4 6 times within 30 mins it really annoys me since I cant play it Bordlerless Window so I need to wait for it to slowly start up then hope it doesnt crash into blackscreen .. then once I am ingame I play 5 mins and I cant use abilitys loot save the game NOTHING it is really breaking this game for me

I cant parse if youre talking about one problem or several. But if you are talking about your mouse not being able to click anything, if you are using Steam, try disabling the Steam overlay.

I totally get that bugs happen and release day yadda yadda, but y’all have known about the OSX but for a WHILE and haven’t fixed it. So those of us who pre-ordered and are now just twiddling are thumbs just...need to be patient? No sort of compensation or “we’ll make it up to you” for having a $75 game sitting on my computer that I can’t play?

• Like 7

If you look at the tweet Josh Sawyer put out about dealing with the Eder and Vela bugs, he's responded in the comments (or whatever they're called) that they are trying to fix the Mac bug right now. They're working on it - hopefully they can deal with that soon.

Edited by PantherX14

That the Import feature is broken is unfortunately a deal breaker for me. Guess I'm waiting a little bit longer. Hope a hotfix is coming soon.

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/994276131573383168

The problem I have with this I have stated multiple times:

It is not JUST the importing that is bugged. The world state creator in PoE 2 is incomplete. It does not have the correct options for Zahua, it does not have all the options for Eder, it does not have all the options for Maneha.....it's a very half-assed system right now, that excludes the hardest to get outcomes from being a choice. And if it's not even a choice in the World State creator portion, I can only assume it won't affect anything in game. Which is sad.

I went back and played PoE 1 and White March 1+2 and made a character specifically to get all the choices I wanted, and now they don't matter in this game. They had end-game cards for them in 1, but they're irrelevant now.

• Like 5

I guess "constantly crashing, all the goddamn time" isn't a known major issue yet.

It should be.

Do your music/sound seem to cut out before it happens as if it's a warning something is going wrong? Mine does.

Yup. Most of the time. Exactly one time an audio line played to the end *after* the game froze.

Not sure if the audio is cutting out before it freezes or at the moment it freezes, though, as it can be hard to tell when, precisely, the game freezes due to it being 2D.

• Some Mac users are experiencing a crash when being pulled into the adra during the prologue.

So... where do we get our refunds? I'm not a fan of paying for an unplayable game. 

I was also "experiencing" sub-10 FPS for the duration of the prologue. 

Edited by Woopee

• Some Mac users are experiencing a crash when being pulled into the adra during the prologue.

So... where do we get our refunds? I'm not a fan of paying for an unplayable game. 

Welcome to the wonderful world of gaming. That's just the way it is. If you don't want to be disappointed you shouldn't preorder or buy games on release.

• Like 2

Are there any known workarounds for this? This is killin' me.

Aye, me too. I walk across the purple road, get sucked into the grey vortex, and the black screen of death appears. I wanted to spend the night playing! 

Me too.  Spinning Pinwheel of Death at the same point.  I checked available memory and requirements for Mac and should be able to play.  Can we jump past the prologue?

• Like 1

Welcome to the wonderful world of gaming. That's just the way it is. If you don't want to be disappointed you shouldn't preorder or buy games on release.

That's absurd. Why should I expect a game to be broken on release? Buggy is one thing, but I can't play at all.

Edited by Woopee
  • Like 1

That's absurd. Why should I expect a game to be broken on release? Buggy is one thing, but I can't play at all.

Yeah, it's kind of bad. I can play, but there's always something... have to alt tab constantly to fix FPS bug, my custom character wastes 2 points every power level increase, etc... Almost reminds me of Kingdom Come Deliverance, sigh. I had to almost wait a month (and like 6 patches) before I could play it, and even then a third of the quests still bugged out uncompleted for me lol. 

I'm sure it'll get better with time but it's painfully obvious this game needed another three months in the oven at the very least.

• Like 1

I don't know if this counts as mouseclicks not registering, but I keep getting into situations where the game suddenly won't register any mouseclicks at all, and I have to kill it with the task manager and restart. It's very annoying.

If you are using Steam, try disabling the Steam overlay.

Thanks! This worked.

nvAeseu.png

Yeah, it's kind of bad. I can play, but there's always something... have to alt tab constantly to fix FPS bug, my custom character wastes 2 points every power level increase, etc... Almost reminds me of Kingdom Come Deliverance, sigh. I had to almost wait a month (and like 6 patches) before I could play it, and even then a third of the quests still bugged out uncompleted for me lol. 

I'm sure it'll get better with time but it's painfully obvious this game needed another three months in the oven at the very least.

And I feel this is rather common situation for most developers out there - not only for the Obsidian. They all are so eager to release a product, despite not being realy finished yet. ;) Of course some minor bugs are always possible to occur even with best prepared release. But it seems, we have pleanty of issues here, and some of them are not so minor too. Good thing I bought recently both DLCs for PoE1, so I have pleanty of hours to play in the firs part of the game still ;) . I guess I'll wait with Deadfire till it will become patched enough to run smooth and stable.

Don't take me wrong. I love PoE1, and I suppose I will at least like Deadfire too. And I do appreciate Obsidian's work. I just want to wait with my proper gameplay till most of the current issues will be fixed.
  • Like 1

I have been getting a lot of crashes. Mainly, it happens when I am changing zones, entering/exiting the buildings and boarding/embarking. I would like to share the crash reports with Obsidian. Anyone knows an e-mail adress that we can send the reports?

Also, I have fixed the mouse click bug by disabling the Steam overlay, thanks to the forum posts.

Thanks for this amazing game!

• Like 1

Does anyone know more about the scope the "import save" choices bug? I really don't want to start a proper playthrough if all my choices in Pillars 1 are moot.

The post from Josh Sawyer that was posted here earlier indicates that it's due to variables being set incorrectly and the save import feature messing with negative flag values. Right now, the Edér and Vela import issues are the only known problems caused by this bug, but who knows, there may be more later in the game.

I'll be optimistic and hope that by fixing the import system, they'll prevent any other related bugs from surfacing in the future, but until that hotfix, I'm keeping the game on hold because both the Edér and Vela bugs concern me.

Does anyone know more about the scope the "import save" choices bug? I really don't want to start a proper playthrough if all my choices in Pillars 1 are moot.

The post from Josh Sawyer that was posted here earlier indicates that it's due to variables being set incorrectly and the save import feature messing with negative flag values. Right now, the Edér and Vela import issues are the only known problems caused by this bug, but who knows, there may be more later in the game.

I'll be optimistic and hope that by fixing the import system, they'll prevent any other related bugs from surfacing in the future, but until that hotfix, I'm keeping the game on hold because both the Edér and Vela bugs concern me.

Thanks mate, I will be doing the same. I will try out some class combos and mess around a bit on the island. But hold off on pushing further until this is fixed :)