Known Major Issues

SChin

Question

Below is a list of issues we know about that may currently affect players.  WATCH OUT!

General Issues

• Many users are experiencing extended waits for downloading and installing of the game.
  • There are rare cases where users are unable to load or see their save files.
  • Some users are reporting loss of clicking functionality on higher resolution monitors.  Playing on a lower resolution should fix this issue until a fix is in.
  • Some GOG users may be having trouble installing the game. (GOG support seems to fix this)
  • In rare cases, the client may crash when transitioning to the World Map.
  • Hired adventurers do not play voice over during their character creation.
  • There are some characters that are missing a line or two of voice over.
  • On rare occasions, players may get a black screen when loading a save game.  Restarting the client should fix the issue.
  • Larger scenes like Queen's Berth are known to have lower frame rates.
  • Some abilities obtained from item enchantments are missing their icons.
  • Players cannot reverse pickpocket hostile NPCs.
  • Characters engaging targets will follow the target during idle stances(recovery), preventing engagement breaks and opportunity attacks.

As we fix things, we will be putting them into a Patch Beta branch for public testing.  This will allow players to access the fixes sooner before they go live.  Saves should work for both builds interchangeably.  You can find the list of fixes here.

If you want to participate in the Patch Beta branch to see how the fixes are coming along, you can find information about that here.

• Like 9

So in order to avoid the bugs regarding Vela and Eder I created a history rather than importing (After first starting with an import) however Eder now mentions going home to see his family rather than becoming mayor. Just wondering if this is in fact intended or also a bug (since its not mentioned that it can be fixed with creating a history, unlike Vela) as want to get to playing as soon as possible but also worried about potential outcomes caused by this seemingly changed history.  

• Like 5

So in order to avoid the bugs regarding Vela and Eder I created a history rather than importing (After first starting with an import) however Eder now mentions going home to see his family rather than becoming mayor. Just wondering if this is in fact intended or also a bug (since its not mentioned that it can be fixed with creating a history, unlike Vela) as want to get to playing as soon as possible but also worried about potential outcomes caused by this seemingly changed history.  

Thing is, if they missed the decisions that obviously affected even the earliest game, I'm not sure I trust the savegame importer *or* creator to get anything right in the mid or late game. It's a little disheartening.

• Like 5

Is that when the next patch will come out?

Well, asking for a patch for that stuff within 24-48 hours might be a bit much to ask since it's probably not something that can be done in that timeframe. I'd rather them take their time to get it right than rush out a fix and possibly cause more problems since the issue likely isn't as simple as it seems.

Is that when the next patch will come out?

Well, asking for a patch for that stuff within 24-48 hours might be a bit much to ask since it's probably not something that can be done in that timeframe. I'd rather them take their time to get it right than rush out a fix and possibly cause more problems since the issue likely isn't as simple as it seems.

Yes it totally fine 2 not be able 2 play a game you bought for a week! And if you free a day or two for yourself to play the game after it came out and now you cant and can't get more free time AFTER it finally works for you  - it also okay! God forbid you blame devs who knew this will gonna be the case before release and didn't say anything in the news,,,, No no everyone just impatient 

Edited by Dopsim
  • Like 4

Yeah, I'm really kind of frustrated about this too.  I'm going to be packing and moving over the next couple weeks.  I wanted to try and get this game going before I had to do all of that, but it seems I'm out of luck here.

These really ARE issues they should be trying to fix ASAP.

• Like 4

• Some Mac users are experiencing a crash when being pulled into the adra during the prologue.

Are there any known workarounds for this? This is killin' me.

Aye, me too. I walk across the purple road, get sucked into the grey vortex, and the black screen of death appears. I wanted to spend the night playing! 

• Like 3

• Some Mac users are experiencing a crash when being pulled into the adra during the prologue.

Are there any known workarounds for this? This is killin' me.

Aye, me too. I walk across the purple road, get sucked into the grey vortex, and the black screen of death appears. I wanted to spend the night playing! 

I'm having this same issue as well. Kind of stinks because I won't be back to my PC until this weekend so hopefully someone will find a workaround.

• Like 2

This saddens me. I can't be without my orlan child, so it looks like I can't play the game for a whole week. :(

Vela is mandatory. If I ever decide to import my characters that didn't keep her I'll actually make up a new story, just to include Vela. :yes:

A workaround if you don't care about achievements: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97425-vela-not-spawning/?do=findComment&comment=2008937 Edited by Yenkaz
  • Like 1

Yeah, the import/world state situation is so ****ed up. Imports don't work, and the world state creator in the game is missing SO MANY of the options of end card you could get in the first game. Zahua doesn't have allof/the right options he had in POE1. Maneha doesn't have the option to complete the quest but NOT forget, like you could convince her in POE1. Eder apparently can't become the Mayor no matter how hard you try, or having succeeded in doing that in POE1.

There are so many of the really good options, things you had to work for, that this new game doesn't give a **** about. it's like they couldn't be bothered to look at all the possible endings in their first game and include them here.

• Like 1

I've been super excited and positive about the game, and so far it's been great fun, but the import bugs are really souring me on the whole thing. I can't think of a single bug that would frustrate me more, to be honest, particularly since it's not realistic for a patch to fix my existing save where I've already had conversations about things that shouldn't have happened.

I loaded my very first Pillars save a few weeks ago, my original character, and did all the White March content with her, and stayed up way too late last night finishing the game with some choices I was really happy with.

Right off the bat it seems like Eder's outcome is not being reflected (he keeps talking about the Night Market, but in my end slides he became mayor). I'm really sad right now, what else it gonna be broken? Am I gonna come across Aloth and he's gonna be the Leaden Key grandmaster when in my ending he was dismantling them? Ugh. Really makes me not want to keep playing.

• Like 2

I've been super excited and positive about the game, and so far it's been great fun, but the import bugs are really souring me on the whole thing. I can't think of a single bug that would frustrate me more, to be honest, particularly since it's not realistic for a patch to fix my existing save where I've already had conversations about things that shouldn't have happened.

I loaded my very first Pillars save a few weeks ago, my original character, and did all the White March content with her, and stayed up way too late last night finishing the game with some choices I was really happy with.

Right off the bat it seems like Eder's outcome is not being reflected (he keeps talking about the Night Market, but in my end slides he became mayor). I'm really sad right now, what else it gonna be broken? Am I gonna come across Aloth and he's gonna be the Leaden Key grandmaster when in my ending he was dismantling them? Ugh. Really makes me not want to keep playing.

Good thing they fixed things like dual wield passive in their role-playing game. We don't want to feel too powerful in our single player game. The actual save state feature, THE ACTUAL most important thing, the thing thats keeping people from actually playing. Edited by SummerAnne58

Same here... At least when going with created history, it's not a complete turn around with Eder but still, sad to see that kind of issue so early in the game...

Not going to lie, the issue with the save importing has definitely taken the shine off the release of the game to me.

I'm a patient man though and can wait another week for these bugs to be (hopefully) fixed.

Otherwise, game looks great from the small amount I've played so far - Can't wait to start properly.

Edited by Androoh
  • Like 5

Any known workaround for mouse clicks not registering?

Ok, after some searching, I found it is the In Game Steam Overlay that is causing the issue. Turn off the Steam overlay in game, problem solved. 

Reference:https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97411-input-device-mouse-click-doesnt-work-mostly/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2009442

Edited by floredon
  • Like 2

I don't know if this counts as mouseclicks not registering, but I keep getting into situations where the game suddenly won't register any mouseclicks at all, and I have to kill it with the task manager and restart. It's very annoying.

• Like 1

nvAeseu.png

I don't know if this counts as mouseclicks not registering, but I keep getting into situations where the game suddenly won't register any mouseclicks at all, and I have to kill it with the task manager and restart. It's very annoying.

If you are using Steam, try disabling the Steam overlay.

• Like 1