And I'm in. Game looks and sounds gorgeous from what little I can see. I'm off to play Deadfire or at least do the tutorial/intro section for the next 10000 hours... I suffer from a chronic case of Restartitis... Luck all.

• Like 4

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

GoG is decent for old game u wan´t to play. Still use it for some like Never winter nights 1/Arcanum/Ultima games/Icewind Dale 2/etc. Woud not recomend over Steam for new games if its not cheaper for you (sometimes its cheaper for me becuse they value my countrys curancy diffrent).

Mine ain't downloading either. It's just unpacking at 99%, and I have like 30% of that pesky bar to go.

Mine is at 99% but isn't downloading anything? Anyone know what is going on? I got disc usage but nothing else. Has nothing at time remaining.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Mine is at 99% but isn't downloading anything? Anyone know what is going on? I got disc usage but nothing else. Has nothing at time remaining.

It's decrypting the preload, should heavily use your CPU (and HD of course).

gj obsidian i can't download your silly fig edition on gog. well that's what i get for backing games...

I don't know where the problem is, I have started the download even before actual release.

Edited by Daled
  • Like 1

I preloaded and am having issues here too. Preordered as a backer. It's now stuck on downloading, doing... something, but not progressing. I tried uninstalling to make it back up and then clicked install, didn't seem to help.

Not downloading for me on GOG either, apparently backers don't get access to the game on GOG by the looks of things. Looking at the news comments on GOG it seems to be the backer version.

You generated a GOG claim code from the backer portal and redeemed it on GOG, correct?

I have the same problem. Redeemed my Fig Version, redeemed the DLC Content. No Download for the FIG-Version and the DLC-Content says i must buy the game because i dont have it.

I can see the FIG- Version it in my GOG library

http://www.imagebam.com/image/e53221852432164

http://www.imagebam.com/image/4a6401852432194

http://www.imagebam.com/image/54750b852432224

• Like 1

Everything sped up when I uninstalled the backer beta. I have a smallish SSD, so now it's fine. It's just done! Yay!!

EDIT: and season-pass and the locker stuff are included as dlcs now. 

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Everything sped up when I installed the backer beta. I have a smallish SSD, so now it's fine. It's just done! Yay!!

EDIT: and season-pass and the locker stuff are included as dlcs now. 

I had the backer beta in, but just having it there didn't help, and now seeing if removing it helps since I hadn't updated the backer beta thing in a while, so, it might have something to do with it.

Not downloading for me on GOG either, apparently backers don't get access to the game on GOG by the looks of things. Looking at the news comments on GOG it seems to be the backer version.

You generated a GOG claim code from the backer portal and redeemed it on GOG, correct?

Yep, had it in my library and still do, but when I try to download it it says it stops the download saying not authorised.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Sadly GOG staff managed to mess up the Linux version and upload the wrong file, which was smaller than the intended 20GB. The correct file is on the server now, and one hour after "release" I'm finally able to download. Takes a while, but at least it's in motion.

I'm using LGOGDownloader, see attached.

post-165682-0-03303500-1525803118_thumb.png

My last post didn't come through, so I'll post it again for those still having issues: a poster called Sugarman on the GOG forums posted that by trying to buy the Critical Role DLC it kickstarted the downloading and authorised it. I still had to apply my season pass code, so instead I tried that and the galaxy downloader I had open at the time immediately changed from unauthorised to downloading the game. So, if you still having problems and you haven't applied all your codes yet try applying one, otherwise try 'buying' the dlc (don't have to buy it, just try to and it should then realise your account already has it, which is what my applying my code also did).

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

I thought I saw it come through, or maybe it was another thread. Anyhow, seems like mine is just decompiling extremely slowly, says downloading misleadingly.

Also, pretty sure I should have multiple DLC showing up for steam.

the critical role thing is free on Steam, so I'll try that.

edit: It can't until steam finishes compiling and installing.

Edited by smjjames

Installing season pass seemed to speed up the process for me, for some reason. 

What's this season pass thing anyway? I bought/pledged for the DLC package, presumably the same, but it's not mentioned in my GOG Library. But then the DLCs won't come out for a few months, so maybe that's it?

Installing season pass seemed to speed up the process for me, for some reason. 

What's this season pass thing anyway? I bought/pledged for the DLC package, presumably the same, but it's not mentioned in my GOG Library. But then the DLCs won't come out for a few months, so maybe that's it?

Go to My Products on your account page https://eternity.obsidian.net/account/products and you should find it and be able to redeem it there. Then click on the link to redeem it via the platform of your choice (make sure its the same one that you redeemed the code for the game on, in your case GOG).

Edited by FlintlockJazz
  • Like 1