Play PoE1 or not before play PoE2

I play only first minutes of PoE1 and is an awesome game. But i have a little hype with PoE2 and i don't know if is better to play PoE first (what can take me 2 months or more) or directly play PoE2 and play PoE1 later.

What are you point of view?

Thanks!

You can play Deadfire without the first game and it will work fine. There may be some plot elements or events that won't make as much sense without experiencing the first game, but that is about it.

I think it will be hard to go back to PoE 1 after PoE 2. The main story will be spoiled and the improvments will make the first game feel alot worse (even tho the diffrence don´t seem to be that big).

So if you ever want to play PoE 1 i woud suggest that one first. But it´s up to you !!

Edited by BijaT
  • Like 1

You can play the first one on story time difficulty which should drastically shorten your play through.

I would recommend playing the first for the save file/choices thing alone.

On story time difficulty a full play through(main quests, companion quests and endless paths) should not take longer than 35-40 hours.

I would recommend playing the first one, but I know that is a hard decision to make among all the release hype.

This basically. If you play Deadfire first then the story of Pillars will be spoiled (whether that bothers you is up to you) and you might find going back to the older Pillars hard. On the other hand I can completely understand being swept up in the release hype.

Ok guys i think that there's no reason to play PoE2 first, and it seems that all of you match that PoE1 is better option to start. So i will play PoE1 first. Thanks a lot guys!

• Like 1

Ok guys i think that there's no reason to play PoE2 first, and it seems that all of you match that PoE1 is better option to start. So i will play PoE1 first. Thanks a lot guys!

The good side of doing this is that Deadfire will probably have had at least one set of bug hotfixes by the time you get to it.

By the way, definitely get the White March expansions. They really are great.

The good side of doing this is that Deadfire will probably have had at least one set of bug hotfixes by the time you get to it.

By the way, definitely get the White March expansions. They really are great.

Yeah, i took definitve edition on steam, so i have all expansions xD. Thanks guys for your  advices!