Weird habits when breaking open and starting a new eagerly awaited game

Time for some total nerd habit confessions!

I'll have some diet soda and dark chocolate parked by my pc, and then I'll usually use headphones, just in order to seep in the soundscape optimally, even when sitting at character creation for 2 hours - in this case, Justin Bell deserves that kind of attention.

I also make sure that the room is dark enough and that I won't get disturbed. I literally hide my cell and kill other apps trying to get hold of me.

How about you, guys? :)

• Like 4

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Normally I have a cup of coffee (with cream and sugar) or a can of soda, plus some snacks close by.

Before I even start the game, if I know I'm going to be playing it for hours I give the wife a heads up.

I too also lose my pants, by then I'm only in boxers and a t-shirt (or sometimes wearing no shirt).

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 1

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I make sure to sacrifice a virgin extra early so I can receive a demon’s blessing before I start playing my game.

Ah, getting in the mood for an evil playthrough, I see...

• Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Healthy food, lots of water. 20 days off -- I closed my company for Deadfire. Yay to self employed :)

Lol, I'll do the same! Sometimes you need to full control of your own time.

I love that! Dark Chocolate, scientifically proven to release endorphins, hence making the Pillars entertainment even more fun!

You and I both doing a 2 hour session on character creation! :aiee:

• Like 3

I make sure to sacrifice a virgin extra early so I can receive a demon’s blessing before I start playing my game.

Ah, getting in the mood for an evil playthrough, I see...
I actually play myself, so I try to be brutally honest (even if it hurts :c) and not a complete **** to people.

Sacrifice just gets me in the mood, you know?

Edited by anathanielh
  • Like 2

Try not to be sick, maybe get 1-2 days off from work, maybe take a shower before start, and become a total shut in while playing the game.  Other than that nothing special.  Since it has become a thing I should mention I do in fact wear clothing while gaming, and posting on forums, so there is that.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 3

Well I went ahead and rescheduled any future appointments next week, thus leaving me free for the entire week. I also grabbed a giant pack of water bottles and placed them right next to me, hopefully no one bothers me :)  

Also steam preload is soo frucking nice!

• Like 1

Week off, disabled social interactions. Chicken nachos supreme served at games launch time with salsa, creme fraiche, and epic homemade guacamole! Followed up by strawberries, and ferrero rocher for late night snacking.

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 4

Saving up tomorrow for Deadfire. Kinda regretting agreeing to see Infinity War on Wednesday evening, but it has to be done at some point for the sake of small talks. Some coffee and lots of tea. I don’t snack. There is no way my cats won’t work hard to distract me. One in particular choose s mousepad as his preferable nap place, if I don’t pay attention to him for too long.

• Like 2

Week off, disabled social interactions. Chicken nachos supreme served at games launch time with salsa, creme fraiche, and epic homemade guacamole! Followed up by strawberries, and ferrero rocher for late night snacking.

That sounds delicious! I had my meal just a second ago, so I can snack a bit more liberally in 2.5h from now.

@Wormerine: I also have persistent cats to deal with. One of them dibs my chair as soon as I leave it, and another plays with my hair from the back on my gaming chair. I've just gotten used to it, but it's really scary in games like Prey and Dishonored ( a new kind of 4D gaming experience).

• Like 3

Nothing too bad here.

I stock up on drinks (tea & kool-aid), munchies (wheat thins, grapes, apples), and food I can throw in the oven and forget.

I used to be far less healthy as drinks would be soda, munchies would be chip and the like and 'real' food would be tossed in the microwave.

I also advise my various friends online "You probably won't see me for a few days!"

Having a cat (she just jumped into my lap) does sort of make sure I don't play for excessively long amounts of time.

• Like 1