How will you ROLEPLAY your character in pillars 2?

Will you be importing your old character from pillars 1, or making a new one? If you're importing, will they act the same way they did in the first game, or will their character develop and change? If you had to apply a DnD alignment to your character, what would it be? What class(s) will they be, and how (if at all) does this impact their personality? Are they stereotypical for their class, or do you have a barbarian who prefers not to fight, or a druid who's not particularly fond of animals? If this sort of stuff matters to you it can help to put it down in writing to solidify who your character is as a person. An unfortunate effect of the medium is it's impossible to create characters with particularly quirky personalities because you can only select from a list of pre-written dialogue options, but there still should be enough room for your adventurer to have some semblance of an identity.

I'll be making a Mindstalker (beguiler cipher + neutral rogue). He'll be a new character because admittedly I never actually finished Pillars 1 (though I did watch a synopsis video covering the story). His name will be Riftis, because that's what I always name my first character in RPGs. He will be true neutral leaning towards neutral evil. He will always be on the lookout for what he can gain from situations, and only if there's no option that will directly benefit him (or perhaps in heat of the moment, split second decisions) will his conscience sway him to do the right thing.

Personality-wise, he will be cunning, perceptive, arrogant, and a bit jovial; so pretty stereotypical for a rogue+cipher I would say. He will lie frequently for personal gain, or just for the sake of it. Despite that, he'll be agreeable enough, if only in a sell-swordy "Ill do it... If you pay me." sort of way. That being said his generally agreeable personality covers a potential layer of sinister intentions. Given the chance he is not opposed to betraying people, and if anything he's actively looking for opportunities to do things like this as he genuinely enjoys being deceptive and thrives on creating the 'Surprise!' moment. (of course, this may never come up as it depends on how the story goes in deadfire).

Here is the portrait I intend to use for him:

f6e7f9fcda.png

I was a bit late looking into portraits and I only found this one recently but if someone could do the water colour versions of it I'll suck your- be very grateful.         

Edited by Riftis
  • Like 2

Importing. Priestess of Eothas who thinks gods aren't needed. She has an “imaginary friend” who pierces her enemies with pointy things and sometimes blows them up in pieces, who also has a ghostly wolf called Shadow… As for development, that depends on what she learns in the process and what her options would be.

Alignment, hmm, well, I guess it is chaotic good.

There is a thread with a watercolor portraits tutorial: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97149-tutorial-watercolor-portraits-in-the-gimp/

Pillars of Bugothas

Importing my melee ranger and multiclassing him to be a ranger/rogue (scout). As he progressed through the first game it would make sense for him to learn to notice the telltale signs of an ambush or trap and learn how to better avoid and disable them, making him a suitable scout imo.

Also dual wielding pistol/sword because offscreen training montage and good fun.

Importing my Cipher, will probably make him a multi class Cipher/Fighter though.  Have no intention of behaving differently between games, though my character is a bit enigmatic to begin with.

As in all those druid groups are dead, killed Kolsc and Raedric myself, sided with Doemenals, Berath and I are pals, etc etc.  If I had to give my character a D&D alignment it would probably be true neutral.

Importing orlan cipher merchant from Old Valia. He tends to be good, but favours good deals over charity, always tries to think of far reaching consequences. Suffered quite a bit because of being orlan - tends to stick to his own race, when given a chance. Distrusts humans. As far as Gods, I am still not 100% sure what he thinks. The revelation changed things quite a bit. He doesn’t believe in good human nature too much, so Gods aren’t that bad of an idea. If there will be a chance he might try leverage his knowledge to strike a good deal with Gods.

I will start by importing my Mage and yes I will use the story from the first one.. I actually made some semi messed up choices and I think that will add to the fun. I will be as neutral as I can be as well, I did that in the first game too.. I don't plan out choices, nor do I try to perfect anything, I try to make a decision fast and based upon what my char would do.

I was planning to import my high-int fighter, but I lanched POE1 yesterday and for some reason my saves are gone (I probably uninstalled/reinstalled at some point and messed up the part where they ask if you want to keep the saves).  ;(

However I have a decent memory of the choices I made so I should be able to recreate the playthrough easily.

In terms of character development: He is witty and a good leader/friend, but definitely merciless with violent tendencies. The interest of the group comes first, on par with his personal interest. He doesn't really believe in the greater good. He can be empathetic when the situation of others echoes his own, but generally lacks compassion and despises weakness.

In terms of build, he is going to move from fighter to rogue (single class) with streetfighter now being a thing, as I think it suits his character better. However, he will not rely on any stealthy mechanics/backstab. The plan is to make him an offtank duelist type with rapier and dagger (and single pistol or blunderbuss in the second slot), with an emphasis on intelligence and resolve, and a touch of perception and constitution. As a tradeoff, dex stays at 10, might is at 8, which is odd for a dps class, but hopefully with all the damage and recovery modifiers streetfighter can get (sneak attack, streetfighter passive, deathblows, full attack abilities with pen/dmg/acc bonus etc.), the (roughly 30%) damage loss from low might will not be impactful compared to the survivability he gets.

I will be a nice girl  helping people and with a nice diet of souls and vegetables.

Well ... sometimes i will take a bit of meat and grog but i will feel bad about it latter ....

Edited by Arctic

Will import but will make my paly into pala/fighter.

DnD alignment: Lawful neutral.

Traits: Honest mainly. A little stoic. Impulsive (will often not think properly about replys and aka talk agenst her persona). 

She will mostly care about the laws and "gods laws" and try to follow them strictly even if someone may get hurt by it. 

Will prob make the rest up on the fly.

I never actually finished PoE1 (despite having over 150 hours in game) but I will be "importing" my paladin over. Was one of the Elcga shieldbearers and will be so again...so yeah, roleplaying will be pretty much your classic sword and board paladin except that, as is my tendency to do, I will be picking as many of the snark/clever responses as I can. My character then is like a super morally good guy but also prone to accidentally starting fights due to sarcasm....which is how I tend to play most of my characters now that I think on it...In terms of classic DnD alignment types, I think I'd be neutral-good teetering on the precipice of chaotic-good, depending on the weather.  

I'm importing my character who is a Vallian Mercenary with a practical mindset and a taste for the better things in life. :)

He was trying to leave his colourful past behind and seeking to make a fortune which turned out ok as far as becoming the lord of his own keep in Caed Nua. 

I like playing roguish characters with a nasty streak so he is a merc through and through without any qualms about twisting the terms of a contract to make the most of it. 

There is nothing he dislikes more than being blackmailed or pushed around which caused him to be rather outspoken at times or to change sides just to satisfy a grudge. 

I like the idea of a sophisticate looking Vallian trying his best to look like an aristocrat without the true refinement and education of a real lord but enough presence and sheer brutality to silence anyone who would dare voice any form of criticism (especially on a battlefield). 

I will probably make him a mix of Barbarian and Fighter (he was already a Barbarian with Veteran's Recovery in POE1) since although devious at times he is a brute and a bully at heart. 

Edited by gloomseeker

Currently getting my elf ears on and my bow ready to go. Trying to get this bear under control. It darn well better be ready to go in 20 minutes!

That's what you were looking for, correct? If not, umm, err....I digress.

Edited by Jayngo

My first character will most likely be the last one I played in Pillars of Eternity.

Her name is Minerva Caesia ; she is a meadow folk, a battlemage and comes from Old Vailia. Her ancestors moved in the region back in the day, when the Grand Empire of Vailia was still a thing.

Before the events of the first game, she was a mixture of explorer/mercenary with a band of friends from her hometown. Younger, they will always be out there together. A band of merry friends, playing pranks and what have you on each other’s and even the townsfolks.

They were well liked nonetheless for they were always eager to help out.

As they were growing up and still coveting adventures of all sorts, they decided they wanted to get out there, like the famous Pargrunen dwarfs of Old Vailia. Though not rich enough to fund an entire expedition on their own, they ended up joining many as body guards of sort. For a few years, it worked pretty well and gave many occasions for the band to learn about past civilizations and old magic from many corners of the world.

Things will get soar over as the last expedition they tagged along with ended up awakening something deep in the jungle, that will prove to be too much to handle for the band and the guys they were supposed to protect. Though most of them will get away, more than few died in the process.

At the beginning of Pillars of Eternity I, she is trying to move on and forget about what happen, still riddled with guilt. Hence, for most of the events of the first game, she is doing her best to get over it and come to terms with what happen. Let’s say the events of the first game did not make it easy on her at times. But when she journeyed north at the call of Stalwart and heard about the Durgan’s Battery, something started to rekindle in her, slowly but steadily.

By the time Deadfire begins, she is back to her old self, though albeit with some more maturity  : altruistic, eager to help and learn, ready to embark on any new adventure just for the gist of it, the archipelagos seem to be an ideal location.

Though she will probably be sad because of what will happen at the beginning of the game, especially because I always believe to be in-character for her to invite some of her friends and family back to Caed Nua, to live with her, well… She is not as fragile anymore, for having been through it once already, and because she has a great reason to push on even harder. Indeed, Eothas might have captured your soul, but he also captured the souls of the many people inhabiting Caed Nua that fateful day and she will most definitely want to get them back and release them from captivity.

That is more or less what I have for now !

Edited by Occursus
  • Like 1

My character is basically just a piratey Robin Hood. Broadly good but I'll steal anything that isn't nailed down.

I try to avoid having my character be too 'out there' in games like this, otherwise I end up feeling like I'm fighting against the game a lot of the time. Most games like this really want you to be a 'good guy' even if they pay lip service to letting you play a 'bad guy'.

Planning to import my human fighter (subclassed now as Unbroken).

He was Benevolent and Honest, but at times could be Passionate too.

Yeah my guy was something of a goody too shoes. Always trying to do

the right thing wherever he felt it was needed.

He also used to be a Slave (Background).

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´