[Powerbuilding] Strongest builds that are still viable from beta?

I am planning what chars to make and I have a few questions:

- Do berserkers really lose 3/4 upgrades to frenzy or is this a bug in the character creation and they can take the same talents as the other barbariens?

I wanted to make a berserker/soul blade but if berserkers do not get the frenzy upgrades I might take a barbarien/soul blade instead.

- When making a fighter/monk, which of these things can trigger what:

+ Cleave stance: does it only work if you kill the primary target or does it also work with torments reach AoE, blade turning, swift flurry, heartbeat drumming, rooting pain, long pain + upgrades, the cleave attack itself, something else?

+ heartbeat drumming, swift strikes: same as above

+ does weakening critical work for all kinds of attacks?

I want to make a devoted/shattered pillar who spams torments reach and rooting pain and each crit or kill can cause more instant attacks while weakening and interrupting all enemies around me. Helwalker/devoted may do more damage, but I like the shattered pillar concept more than the helwalker concept.

Berserker frenzy is a completely different upgrade line and it's stronger right from the start.  (If my memory serves correctly)

Pretty much all of the above work for Devoted/monk.  Cleave stance even procs off itself.  You'll get a ton of attacks and there'll be gibs everywhere, that was my experience.  Swords would be my first pick for weapon choice (you get the devoted bonus with fists too)

Btw. Shasha's enchant 100% return of empower point works it seems. It does return the empower point which means you can empower your chants all the time. Love that sabre on Chanter....

EDIT: wrong.... now it did not return it.... bugged.

Better to grab then a enchant that returns full phrases on empower till that is fixed.

Edited by Voltron

Btw. Shasha's enchant 100% return of empower point IS NOT BUGGED. It does return the empower point which means you can empower your chants all the time. Love that sabre on Chanter....

It wasn't bugged on me either, but stopped working after a reload. It now only goves back 3 chants. Still ok for back to back invocations, but it isnt giving the empower back. So, if it isnt patched today I recommend you give it time, and I'm sure it'll stop working.

Sooo what multiclass builds are an AOE killing machine? Preferrably melee.

Basically any combination with Barbarian (carnage), Fighter (Cleave stance), or Monk (Raised torment, rooting pain).  They'll all do decent aoe damage without expending much in the way or resources.  Even better if you combine them.

Dragon thrashed + soft winds of death might be good too, but I haven't tried it yet.  And ofc empowering some later wizard spells basically kills everything in the room so there's that...

Edited by Climhazzard

Basically any combination with Barbarian (carnage), Fighter (Cleave stance), or Monk (Raised torment, rooting pain).  They'll all do decent aoe damage without expending much in the way or resources.  Even better if you combine them.

Dragon thrashed + soft winds of death might be good too, but I haven't tried it yet.  And ofc empowering some later wizard spells basically kills everything in the room so there's that...

If I combine berserker with devoted and choose sword proficiency, can I dual wield it? or will it remove the devoted bonus?

If I combine berserker with devoted and choose sword proficiency, can I dual wield it? or will it remove the devoted bonus?

As long as you're using weapons from your proficiency you can dual wield them and still get the bonus.  Sword is a good choice too for Devoted.

• 4 months later...

Most broken? Shattered pillar

Elaborate please?

Because he can shatter pillars ;)

Just kidding, Monk is pretty strong in the beta because they have best autoattacks, better when u pick Nature Godlike. Also once u upgrade Torment Reach it does aoe Stun, as a Shattered Pillar u generate wound by damaging enemy, so u can spam aoe Stun which is pretty cheesy. His ultimate is pretty strong too, Whipser of the Wind = 6 full attack against 6 enemy and as a Shattered Pillar u can also spam these. Monk also has nice modal and passive, but sine u usually spam all your wounds, it won't do much. 

A Nalpazca is pretty strong too because with high alchemy drug last very long. U can generate wound per 3 sec with drugs on. Pretty sweet when combine with 10 Int, 50% fire damage bonus from modal, u can also stack another 30% lightning lash from Lightning strike. Or pick Swift Flurry + Passive to stack 25+33% chance to do extra hit when crit.

Overall Monk has good abilities from early game to late game.

Is Shattered Pillar still strong - or has it been nerfed? It's literally the only thing that makes me think about playing Monks, because I really don't like the concept of taking hits to do damage.

Edited by Lampros

Most broken? Shattered pillar

Elaborate please?

Because he can shatter pillars ;)

Just kidding, Monk is pretty strong in the beta because they have best autoattacks, better when u pick Nature Godlike. Also once u upgrade Torment Reach it does aoe Stun, as a Shattered Pillar u generate wound by damaging enemy, so u can spam aoe Stun which is pretty cheesy. His ultimate is pretty strong too, Whipser of the Wind = 6 full attack against 6 enemy and as a Shattered Pillar u can also spam these. Monk also has nice modal and passive, but sine u usually spam all your wounds, it won't do much. 

A Nalpazca is pretty strong too because with high alchemy drug last very long. U can generate wound per 3 sec with drugs on. Pretty sweet when combine with 10 Int, 50% fire damage bonus from modal, u can also stack another 30% lightning lash from Lightning strike. Or pick Swift Flurry + Passive to stack 25+33% chance to do extra hit when crit.

Overall Monk has good abilities from early game to late game.

Is Shattered Pillar still strong - or has it been nerfed? It's literally the only thing that makes me think about playing Monks, because I really don't like the concept of taking hits to do damage.

It's fallen out of favor a lot since wounds only generate on normal attacks and the 5 wound cap turns off a lot of builds that depend on the stat bonuses from Duality of Mortal Presence.  You can still play a ranged monk that can generate and hold wounds via Dance of Death and/or you can use a Nalpazca with drugs to generate wounds as well.  Both options don't require the monk having to be hurt to generate wounds.

Edited by Metaturtle

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-