[Powerbuilding] Strongest builds that are still viable from beta?

Using sabers and fist as a backup. Right now I'm using Grave Calling and a superb saber as my weapons since they are easily available. As for my armor, I'm using Devil of Caroc Breastplate for the minus recovery, + power slots and resistances to affliction enchantments. Amulet is Orishia. Grab it and you will know why it's so sweet.

As for my abilities, I went with dual weapon style, weapon specialization, mob stance, mule kick (for accuracy and bonus damage for 1 power point), disciplined strikes, confident aim, fearless. Planning to get refreshing defense and the other skill that lets me heal off damage. Armored grace might be a bit much so I might replace it for conqueror stance.

For monk abilities, lesser wounds, lightning strikes and raised torrent, duality and root of pain. Planning to get the upgraded dance of death soon.

Stats: Max MIG, Max Perception, 17 dex, 9 int, 3 res, 10 con. Don't pay too much attention to the 9 int and 17 dex, I just used that on a whim.

Solo and massive min maxing to the point of going to 3 res isn't for me, I think, but I'm curious how you guys play a build like this solo.

How do you avoid getting CC'd forever and killed, or just one-shot right away by large groups?

Consumables? I'm just curious cause I've never done it.

Who experimented with PotD solo builds so far?

So far sadly what I found out is that it's pretty much smillar to PoE- you either needs strong AOE CC, strong self heal or crazy amount of spell buffs to be able to fight vs big group of enemies that consist of both melee, range and spell casters.

So far my Moonlike Shattered/Kind Wayfarer works super well, but it's also quite boring.... Berserker/Kind Wayfarer worked well too, but Moonlike again. Fighter/Streetfighter worked supprisingly well though. But again- Moonlike....

Seems like Moonlikes are still cursed of being best race for solos in game, unless you take heavy self-heal casters.

Trying a single class Shattered Pillar Moonlike right now. So far the first island isn't so bad, but I don't think the faster power level growth helps out enough to offset the missing flexibility of a second class. Some fights were really hard, i.e. the three ethereal things that emerge from the puddle just before the adra pillar. Also I did not try the skeleton warriors at the dig site.

I think as soon as enemies will start to use more cc I am basically ****ed.

Just my experience from the first few hours of the game, might not hold up later on.

How about a Moon Godlike Kind wayfarer+Devoted multiclass dual wielding? All the healing from fighter combined with the moon godlike passive healing when in trouble then the healing from flames of devotion and again more healing from lay on hands, then there are still several gear items that give more passive healing lol I don't think you can die with such a class  :aiee:  

How about a Moon Godlike Kind wayfarer+Devoted multiclass dual wielding? All the healing from fighter combined with the moon godlike passive healing when in trouble then the healing from flames of devotion and again more healing from lay on hands, then there are still several gear items that give more passive healing lol I don't think you can die with such a class  :aiee:  

Yes, it will work very well. Maybe even too much :D. Question is what weapon to choose for Devoted- so far I think Sabers are best, but maybe in end-game there are some better options.

I am trying to find some really good solo combo for Chanter. I think Chanter/Paladin can work really well with Kind Wayfarer.

What you think would be strongest multi for Chanter solo? I thought about:

1. Paladin because later you have 100% more healing on you and you have tons of debuffs and buffs + paladin buffs

2. Rouge- dunno, but summons can make enemies flanked and paralyze plus armor debuff can help a lot.

3. Berserker/Skald - this is obvious combo but I don't think it will work well on solo, unless you again go moonlike and cheese some fights.

4. Wizard?

Troubadour seems to be best sub-class for Chanter and a very strong choice in general.

Lack of linger is not a big price for 3 second phrase. Actually 3 seconds phrase makes it easier to switch between different songs faster and also one particular song (10 points shield) becomes twice as effective.

Troubadour have no problem with maintaining strongest summons all the time and also revive party members / debuff / buff inbetween. Also Troubadour can be easily combined with any other class to do something more interesting than just wait between chants.

What you guys prefer on Chanter on level I - summon skeletons or phantom. I went troubadour and summon skeletons at cost of 4 is little much but there is 3 of them instead of 1 phantom. Extra bodies really help in many fights so I think skeletons are better for Level I as there is not much good invocations there imo. Stun is nice but push back is not.

Playing with solo PotD Troubadour/Kind Wayfarer (Herald) and moon godlike. That combo is sooo nice and great!. Two Weapon Syle, 10% healing from belt, 15% extra from pet (cat) and all the heals - Second Wind, Lay On Hands (didn't use them even once so far :p), Moonlike passive, chant.

Roaming solo in Neketaka right now. Defeated Wyrm and his buddies on Island and got Ring with Lone Wolf passive (great for solo cause buff works only when solo :D). Got Sabre for Chanter, now grinding to get Devil of Caroc Breastplate.

Also got White Worms (wow, great dmg for this level) + Paralyze and so far everything works really well.

Huge defense, good CC, just got great AOE dmg, good single target dmg with Mark+FOD.

I think I will stick with it for this run. Herlad is great for solo so far.

Playing with solo PotD Troubadour/Kind Wayfarer (Herald) and moon godlike. That combo is sooo nice and great!. Two Weapon Syle, 10% healing from belt, 15% extra from pet (cat) and all the heals - Second Wind, Lay On Hands (didn't use them even once so far :p), Moonlike passive, chant.

Roaming solo in Neketaka right now. Defeated Wyrm and his buddies on Island and got Ring with Lone Wolf passive (great for solo cause buff works only when solo :D). Got Sabre for Chanter, now grinding to get Devil of Caroc Breastplate.

Also got White Worms (wow, great dmg for this level) + Paralyze and so far everything works really well.

Huge defense, good CC, just got great AOE dmg, good single target dmg with Mark+FOD.

I think I will stick with it for this run. Herlad is great for solo so far.

Looks very promising. Whats your stats and chants using? Max str\int and dump res? 

Though after clearing up For Deadlight I think pure Chanter/Kind Wayfarer or Beaconer/Kind Wayfarer might have been better option than Troubadour for solo gameplay. I am not sure yet, but here is what I was thinking:

Troubadour have reduces linger, ok. But even with 20 INT with current gear only two Chants are active together and it's only around 4,7 sec of them being there together (for example enemy has two debuffs or I have two buffs at same time etc.). But at the same time my invocations cost +1 Phrase. Which with party is not that noticable.

However now I start fight with 5 Phrases. My usual starting inocation is either summon skeletons or paralyze enemies. Both cost 4 Phrases now.

However in next power level I will start with 6 Phrases. Now if I were pure Chanter I could now start combat with Skeletons+Paralyze or Paralyze+Lower Enemies Armor or Paralyze+White Worm etc. To do that with Troubadour I will have to wait TWO more Power Levels to be able to do it (I'd need 8 Phrases at start). Which is a lot in multiclass or solo gameplay.

Unless I am totally missing why Brisk Recitation should be so awesome- because I can't see it. I chant faster, but I lose Linger (well, it's there for 1 sec). Its kind of ok if you have 4 chants and more so they are giving effect faster, but also they don't last long enough to justify it. Dunno, maybe I don't understand how to use it.

So my concusion is this: for pure Chanter with party- Troubadour/Beaconer. For Multi- Skald/Chanter/Beaconer.

I will have to respec my char tomorrow. Thank god there is console.

Edited by Voltron

Troubadour is good exactly because of brisk recitation. You only have 1 chant going on but you get phrases twice as fast. So even at +1 cost you can use most invocations a lot more. E.g even for a 3 phrases offensive invocation, skald would need 2 phrases and troubadour 4. But with brisk recitation troubadour recites 4 phrases as fast as skald recites 2. For more expensive invocations troubadour would be ahead. Skald is better for high crit hybrid builds though.

Also, some chants are actually a lot stronger with half duration:

-10 pt damage shield one is refreshed every 3 sec instead of every 6

-Dragon trashed should reapply its first tick an additional time every 3 sec, although I don't like it now

-PL7 skeleton summon one summons a skeleton every 3 sec instead of every 6

• Like 1

Unless I am totally missing why Brisk Recitation should be so awesome- because I can't see it. I chant faster, but I lose Linger (well, it's there for 1 sec). Its kind of ok if you have 4 chants and more so they are giving effect faster, but also they don't last long enough to justify it. Dunno, maybe I don't understand how to use it.

Some chants are offensive, so completing them faster is better - more chances to hit, more damage/healing with soft winds of death and so on. The question of whether the offensive chants are good enough to justify it is one I'd just say "no" to though.

Edit: Guy above makes a great point however, and I'm now reconsidering the Troubadour.

I was torn between Skald and Beckoner for my Paladin/Chanter as well. I have decided Troubadour and base Chanter aren't worth it this point - relatively.

Skald really benefits from a crit-happy build, and Paladins don't get great accuracy or crit conversion stuff. The penalty of +1cost for all non-offensive Phrases is harsher than with other builds where you crit enough it hardly matters. I think the best MC option for Skald is probably just Devoted Fighter or Monk.

Troubador I can sort of see the appeal as a support character, and for characters that have other active things to do that come at an opportunity cost in time spent vs. phrases. But chanter phrases are strong and include potent buffs as well, and summons are great support as meat shields. So... I'm pretty "meh" about Troubador.

Beckoner is weird because you maintain the basic Chanter class with upsides and downsides for the same type of Phrases, it's like the cost is just not having Troubador or Skald - if Beckoner's summons are worth it, Beckoner is then automatically better than default Chanter which is just odd.

Early in the game the duration on summons is pretty lame, but then later on becomes less of a downside - having more summons starts to pay off more an more. Squishy summons often die quickly enough it's better to have multiple targets anyway, and you potentially get more flanking and attacks landed and so on.

The Paladin being so healy/tanky, I think the way to go is to emphasize the summoning abilities of the Chanter and not try to Skald it up as tempting as it it.

I think the basic Chanter class is entirely inferior to Beckoner. It seems like Beckoner should have a downside that isn't just weaker summons since really, the actual spells that summon end up overall stronger and this downside is null.

Edited by Odd Hermit

Troubadour is good exactly because of brisk recitation. You only have 1 chant going on but you get phrases twice as fast. So even at +1 cost you can use most invocations a lot more. E.g even for a 3 phrases offensive invocation, skald would need 2 phrases and troubadour 4. But with brisk recitation troubadour recites 4 phrases as fast as skald recites 2. For more expensive invocations troubadour would be ahead. Skald is better for high crit hybrid builds though.

Also, some chants are actually a lot stronger with half duration:

-10 pt damage shield one is refreshed every 3 sec instead of every 6

-Dragon trashed should reapply its first tick an additional time every 3 sec, although I don't like it now

-PL7 skeleton summon one summons a skeleton every 3 sec instead of every 6

I see now! Thank you! I totally missed that. That only shows how strong that combo is (Paladin/Chanter) for solo. I even didn't use Troubadour to it's fullest. I will now have to perma run Brisk Recitation then.

Thanks for explaining.

So should I run a lot of chants in a row with it or have few different "chant builds" perpared that only contains like 2-3 at once. For example- healing version (2-3 chants for me), debuff version (2-3 debuffs for melee/casters), offensive version (buffs for me)?

What do you think?

Some chants are offensive, so completing them faster is better - more chances to hit, more damage/healing with soft winds of death and so on. The question of whether the offensive chants are good enough to justify it is one I'd just say "no" to though.

Edit: Guy above makes a great point however, and I'm now reconsidering the Troubadour.

I was torn between Skald and Beckoner for my Paladin/Chanter as well. I have decided Troubadour and base Chanter aren't worth it this point - relatively.

Skald really benefits from a crit-happy build, and Paladins don't get great accuracy or crit conversion stuff. The penalty of +1cost for all non-offensive Phrases is harsher than with other builds where you crit enough it hardly matters. I think the best MC option for Skald is probably just Devoted Fighter or Monk.

Troubador I can sort of see the appeal as a support character, and for characters that have other active things to do that come at an opportunity cost in time spent vs. phrases. But chanter phrases are strong and include potent buffs as well, and summons are great support as meat shields. So... I'm pretty "meh" about Troubador.

Beckoner is weird because you maintain the basic Chanter class with upsides and downsides for the same type of Phrases, it's like the cost is just not having Troubador or Skald - if Beckoner's summons are worth it, Beckoner is then automatically better than default Chanter which is just odd.

Early in the game the duration on summons is pretty lame, but then later on becomes less of a downside - having more summons starts to pay off more an more. Squishy summons often die quickly enough it's better to have multiple targets anyway, and you potentially get more flanking and attacks landed and so on.

The Paladin being so healy/tanky, I think the way to go is to emphasize the summoning abilities of the Chanter and not try to Skald it up as tempting as it it.

I think the basic Chanter class is entirely inferior to Beckoner. It seems like Beckoner should have a downside that isn't just weaker summons since really, the actual spells that summon end up overall stronger and this downside is null.

Yeah, I started Berserker/Skald for that crit but it was too squishy for solo PotD even with moonlike so I ditched that out. So I went with Paladin.

I was thinking about Beaconer but I spend most of fights meleeing, not summoning. I only summon when I really need to (for backline casters/range etc). I play offensive defensive Herald (if that makes sense) so now after what MadDemiurg told me about getting Pharses 2 times faster on Troubadour- I think I may have choosen well in the end. I just missed totally that he get's Phrases faster with his modal.

But Beaconer would be great too, I agree that Beaconer>Chanter at this point.

Only issue I have with Herald is fire immune.

Basically just doing +5 accuracy at that point.

Melee itself is still strong and Chanter have few strong offensive invocations that are not fire base. For example I think White Worms I quite underrated. Only now on fort deadlight I was dealing 72-89 dmg with that AOE (still at low level, just having 5 Phrases now) and what's best- corpse does not dissapear after using White Worms on it so you only need one corpse to cast it. And Paladin still has tons of self buffs like Robus, Quick, Fit etc and Strong, Steadfast from Chanter. so he is still strong melee with two weapons still.

Seven Nights invocation is also pretty strong, you can deal as much dmg as with Worms.

Of course Rouge, Fighter or Monk are stronger in melee but for PotD solo it's important to balance damage and survival of build.

Btw. which invocations are best to empower? I have Sabre and I want to use it's Finale trait in fights. I usually empower White Worms to nuke enemies but maybe I should empower Skeletons or Wurms?

Edited by Voltron

Yeah, I started Berserker/Skald for that crit but it was too squishy for solo PotD even with moonlike so I ditched that out. So I went with Paladin.

I was thinking about Beaconer but I spend most of fights meleeing, not summoning. I only summon when I really need to (for backline casters/range etc). I play offensive defensive Herald (if that makes sense) so now after what MadDemiurg told me about getting Pharses 2 times faster on Troubadour- I think I may have choosen well in the end. I just missed totally that he get's Phrases faster with his modal.

I did the same thinking carnage would feed me tons of crits for phrases, but it ended up lackluster due to the squishiness.

Summoning is often not worth the time in shorter battles, I really need to pick some trash-clearing offensive phrases on my dude. However, summoning tons of little creatures is a lot of fun, I think beckoner offers a novelty and nostalgia factor for me of summoning tons of stuff in Icewind Dale and just having a little army between you and the enemy. And Chanter/Paladin can certainly pull and kite backward to get a summon cast out before a fight really begins in many cases.

One nuisance though is I'm going to have to retrain a Beckoner regularly I think, as certain summons become an obsolete waste of your talents later on.

Edited by Odd Hermit

I did the same thinking carnage would feed me tons of crits for phrases, but it ended up lackluster due to the squishiness.

Summoning is often not worth the time in shorter battles, I really need to pick some trash-clearing offensive phrases on my dude. However, summoning tons of little creatures is a lot of fun, I think beckoner offers a novelty and nostalgia factor for me of summoning tons of stuff in Icewind Dale and just having a little army between you and the enemy. And Chanter/Paladin can certainly pull and kite backward to get a summon cast out before a fight really begins in many cases.

One nuisance though is I'm going to have to retrain a Beckoner regularly I think, as certain summons become an obsolete waste of your talents later on.

When you solo it's also hard to use summon invocations as they usually have long casting time. So I kind of stick to offensive ones since they are faster to cast in the middle of being surrounded by enemies. In party it easier to stand behind and summon things, which is nice. 

Though I will probably switch soon from Skeletons to Wyrms as my main summons. Though upgrade to skeletons is also nice- they split into smaller ones, which is nice to keep enemies from engaging you.

Also in Neketaka you can but two figuries to summon some help too and cast is instant.

I've been reading a lot of overpowered/powerful builds in this forum so now I want to ask if anyone know of a flashy build, multiclass or not. Not necessarily overpowered but at least effective. I really like the 9th tier monk skill where you blink and hit multiple enemies in the area and of course a pure wizard blasting off everything to smithereens.

I've tried psyblade but it's really boring just hiting SA everytime and it doesn't even look cool lol.

I've been reading a lot of overpowered/powerful builds in this forum so now I want to ask if anyone know of a flashy build, multiclass or not. Not necessarily overpowered but at least effective. I really like the 9th tier monk skill where you blink and hit multiple enemies in the area and of course a pure wizard blasting off everything to smithereens.

I've tried psyblade but it's really boring just hiting SA everytime and it doesn't even look cool lol.

Hm, flashy? I would take then Chanter/Melee multi. Chants are quite flashy, have a lot of good effects and Chanter combines great with melee. As for flashy melee.... Monks are quite flashy with their Torment Reach so maybe that? Paladins are also quite flashy with FOD and spells. Rogues too? So maybe one of those three combined with Chanter?

Very flashy is Fury Druid with elemental damage spells and combined with Paladin or Rogue.

I agree on Psyblade. Generally Soul Blade is most boring subclass in PoE2, all you do is click SA from time to time and this is whole reason to take that subclass- very bad design.

The problem with paladin + summon is the long cast time. At 6s the chances youll get interupted are high. IMO melee characters are better with the faster offensive/support chants.

The problem with paladin + summon is the long cast time. At 6s the chances youll get interupted are high. IMO melee characters are better with the faster offensive/support chants.

I second that. Hence why imo Troubadour or Skald focused on offensive/defensive Invocations is better. Though it always good to have that one multi-summon invocation later when you can for example do Paralyze -> Summon to keep enemy backline busy with them.

But as I said - there are figurines (you can get two form stored in Neka) which have instant cast so use that as well.

I remember seeing an item that makes you immune to interrupts if you have a wound.  I guess the trick would be figuring out a way to get wounds while soloing.  BUt if you could then beckoner would be pretty cool for the Paladin/chanter solo builds.