[Powerbuilding] Strongest builds that are still viable from beta?

Trying out my second potd solo run now with a devoted/shattered pillar. As of right now at level 13, everything has been melting and is a whole lot smoother than my solo wiz run. Honestly, it's a boring build with nothing flashy but it has great passive buffs, constant cc with torment reach and mule strike, and the potential to go full tank build with inner wheel/defender stance with refreshing defense.

Trying out my second potd solo run now with a devoted/shattered pillar. As of right now at level 13, everything has been melting and is a whole lot smoother than my solo wiz run. Honestly, it's a boring build with nothing flashy but it has great passive buffs, constant cc with torment reach and mule strike, and the potential to go full tank build with inner wheel/defender stance with refreshing defense.

Just using fists? Or have you found any Unique's worth using with it? If you dont mind sharing your build I would love to see it.

Using sabers and fist as a backup. Right now I'm using Grave Calling and a superb saber as my weapons since they are easily available. As for my armor, I'm using Devil of Caroc Breastplate for the minus recovery, + power slots and resistances to affliction enchantments. Amulet is Orishia. Grab it and you will know why it's so sweet.

As for my abilities, I went with dual weapon style, weapon specialization, mob stance, mule kick (for accuracy and bonus damage for 1 power point), disciplined strikes, confident aim, fearless. Planning to get refreshing defense and the other skill that lets me heal off damage. Armored grace might be a bit much so I might replace it for conqueror stance.

For monk abilities, lesser wounds, lightning strikes and raised torrent, duality and root of pain. Planning to get the upgraded dance of death soon.

Stats: Max MIG, Max Perception, 17 dex, 9 int, 3 res, 10 con. Don't pay too much attention to the 9 int and 17 dex, I just used that on a whim.

found another hilariously broken combo

sharpshooter/helwaker  with frost seeker (heath orlan)

crit city (this is all from one attack with swift fury)

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/931561028383403096/253B43C34C7B57BAB0635D1C87F1E70DB30579EF/

this is level 7 nowhere near its full potential. imagine this with another 25% crit to extra attack, driving flight, 50% lash damage, etc

played around with the statue boss at poko kahara and i literally took it down with one attack. it just kept procing extra attacks non stop.

Where do you get the frost seeker thing from?

So so far most of the build ideas in here are for damage dealers, last night I had an idea for a support build I want to share.  Basically the team regen Herald.  Mostly just theorycrafting here.

Ancient memory heals for 1 hp per second, zealous endurance upgrade heals for 3 hp per 3 seconds.  Chanter can also gain +100% healing.  Stacking them you should probably be able to heal anywhere from 4 to 8 hp per second by endgame for your team.

Things to consider.  

-Is it possible to stack enough might and +healing to roll that 1hp per second up to 2hp per second?

-How much intelligence would a trabadour need to permanently apply both ancient memory and +100% healing?  Could a skald do it?

-If both of the above are possible you should be able to reach 8hp per second.

-Shield bearer would make it an unkillable team regen tank.

-Kindwayfarer/skald might be a possibility for a more offensive version dual wielding fast/accurate weapons in light armor.

-Moon godlike for extra team healing.

• Like 1

I'm just wondering if the guy who claimed that PL7 sneak+empower wizard can outdamage a PL9 meteor empowered, is saying that the spell can actually one hit ko the last boss on ukaizo because that's what a PL9 can do

Edited by ppscurry

I'm just wondering if the guy who claimed that PL7 sneak+empower wizard can outdamage a PL9 meteor empowered, is saying that the spell can actually one hit ko the last boss on ukaizo because that's what a PL9 can do

Well consider the math. 

Before applying empower:

Meteor Shower
36-58 + 12 burn damage per 1 second for 4 seconds = 36-58 + 48 = 84-106 total

Highest damage level 7 spell:

Delayed Fireball, 65-95 
With +30% sneak attack, +50% deathblows, +50% assassinate (assuming crit) for +130% damage:
65-95 * 2.3 = 149.5-218.5

Note this is underestimating actual Sneak Attack damage, because it scales with level up from minimum 30%.

The +25 accuracy and + penetration from Assassinate also make it more likely to crit and overpenetrate. (Granted, it needs to crit to get the damage bonus.)

Even if we don't include deathblows and keep sneak attack at its minimum 30%, sneak attack + assassinate Delayed Fireball yields a minimum 117 damage.

Or do you mean that empower increases the duration of the DoT?  

Ranger takedown combo +100% damage bonus apply to spells, also ranger gives +20 acc to spells.

So strongest scroll/item user may be Ranger-Assassin... up to about +250% spell damage.

Edit: On second thought, looks like the +100% damage applies to an attack from any party member. So in a party you could get higher +% spell damage by having blooded Assassin/Berserker cast after a Ranger applies this. Not to mention Barbarian speed boosts....

Edited by SaruNi

Well consider the math.

Before applying empower:

Meteor Shower

Delayed Fireball, 65-95

With +30% sneak attack, +50% deathblows, +50% assassinate (assuming crit) for +130% damage:

Note this is underestimating actual Sneak Attack damage, because it scales with level up from minimum 30%.

The +25 accuracy and + penetration from Assassinate also make it more likely to crit and overpenetrate. (Granted, it needs to crit to get the damage bonus.)

Even if we don't include deathblows and keep sneak attack at its minimum 30%, sneak attack + assassinate Delayed Fireball yields a minimum 117 damage.

Hmmm sneak attack and deathblow affect spells now??

What melee class would you guys recommend? Dps oriented.

Easy and straight foward- Monk Shattered pure. Fighter Devoted or Rogue Assassin.

Multi class:

Easly and simple to manage: Devoted/Paladin, Devoted/Monk, Devoted/Soul Blade etc. Generally Devoted is easiest, most boring straight foward dps boost.

More complex and more fun: Monk/Zerker, Monk/Paladin, Paladin/Zerker, Paladin/Chanter, Shapeshifter/Monk, Rogue/Soul Blade.

There is a lot a lot of dps option in this game. Just pick what you want really.

I started game couple of times with different melee builds any one of those can easy break game fast.

So back to the Moon Godlike Shield Bearer Trabadour team regen tank idea, I got home and leveled it up to check out the potential.   The screenshot is taken with no gear, 19 might, and 19 intelligence.  You'd probably want 20 intelligence for perfect chant overlap.  Regeneration is over 6hp per second for the entire team, it's not enough to offset the massive self damage from sacred immolation (wth is it so much? lol), but if you use lay on hands on yourself after you use self immolation you'll be fine.

E2LMfKB.jpg

• Like 2

No Monk (Shattered)/Cipher (Soulblade)? Just build up your focus and unleash Soul Annihilation when you’re maxed? It’s super straightforward, actually.

Well, I didn't mention all possible builds. And yes, this is straight foward one too, though not as impressive as other melee combos for monk.

Well consider the math. 

Before applying empower:

Meteor Shower

Delayed Fireball, 65-95 

Your math is right except meteors have multiple projectiles and easily hit same target 10 times :D.

Edited by MadDemiurg

Is anyone actually running into PoTD encounters where wizard deflection self-buffs are running out? The shortest one, Arcane Veil, lasts for 20 sec (base), but with int + power levels, 30+ seconds is easy to achieve. The rest of the key buffs effectively last for over a minute.

Paladin/wizard: the tankiest bastard in the game until buffs run out

Edited by hugin7

Solo you can run out, at least early on. Veil is 12 sec base now btw. You switch to displaced image after you've run out of these though. Their deflection bonus doesn't stack.

In a party, most encounters are over under 12 seconds if you play an alpha strike party :D.

Edited by MadDemiurg
  • Like 1

There are classes that feels really annoying as enemy, but not perform so good as ally, like rogue and ranger. Because almost every tough encounter enemy will outnumber us so AOE is very important, but since rogue and ranger are good at 1v1, they are super annoying as enemy...

Ahh, thanks – looks like the ability was nerfed and the wiki is outdated. Pity about the stacking implementation, too.

Solo you can run out, at least early on. Veil is 12 sec base now btw. You switch to displaced image after you've run out of these though. Their deflection bonus doesn't stack.

In a party, most encounters are over under 12 seconds if you play an alpha strike party :D.

Who experimented with PotD solo builds so far?

So far sadly what I found out is that it's pretty much smillar to PoE- you either needs strong AOE CC, strong self heal or crazy amount of spell buffs to be able to fight vs big group of enemies that consist of both melee, range and spell casters.

So far my Moonlike Shattered/Kind Wayfarer works super well, but it's also quite boring.... Berserker/Kind Wayfarer worked well too, but Moonlike again. Fighter/Streetfighter worked supprisingly well though. But again- Moonlike....

Seems like Moonlikes are still cursed of being best race for solos in game, unless you take heavy self-heal casters.

• Like 1