[Powerbuilding] Strongest builds that are still viable from beta?

Paladin +40% beacon should work too and it's aoe. And afair mark does as well.

Many forget about beacon, but beacon 40% more dmg is really high. And it's AOE. Woks great with both Carnage or Torment Reach.

Edited by Voltron

Well, if you're soloing, it has a really long cast time and probably not worth it over attacking a few extra times. But even for solo it can be useful if you have high int and some abilities with high alpha e.g. beacon + torrent of flame x2 when surrounded. Nice combo for tanky pala/wizard.

Edited by MadDemiurg
  • Like 1

Well, if you're soloing, it has a really long cast time and probably not worth it over attacking a few extra times. But even for solo it can be useful if you have high int and some abilities with really high alpha e.g. beacon + torrent of flame x2 when surrounded. Nice combo for tanky pala/wizard.

Try Beacon + Spirit Tornado of Zerker which will also proc Carnage :). Really nice AOE nuke for melee char.

For Solo Wizard what would be the best secondary class? I feel Assassin/Wizard might be the way to go with Solo to faceroll groups on stealth opener and smoke bomb.

Or maybe WIzard/GoldPact to be super tanky and then nuke stuff down, albiet a bit slower?

Edited by Dongom

Well, if you're soloing, it has a really long cast time and probably not worth it over attacking a few extra times. But even for solo it can be useful if you have high int and some abilities with high alpha e.g. beacon + torrent of flame x2 when surrounded. Nice combo for tanky pala/wizard.

Or beacon + Suicide Immolation ;)

I am trying now solo PotD with new solo build. It's simillar so far in concept to my Nirvana Build from POE1 solo. So far working really good:

Moon Godlike, Kind Wayfarer/Shattered Pillar with High Athletics for second wind and Lay on Hands. 

High Might for healing bonus and damage, High Perception to ensure hits on early levels. 

So far working really well with Moon Silver Tide Heal (3x time during fight if my health is dropping), Flames of Devotion heal, second wind heal and Lay on Hands heal. Monk dmg + fast attack speed works really well. Since it solo I will probably invest more in Paladin defensive passives and his passive that increase all healing received. Later when I will get Torment Reach I will finally start to have easier time with group of enemies because it lacks AOE now. Damage is nowhere that impressive as on Pillar/Zerker or Bleak Walker/Zerker (it's still ok because monk is great and FoD offers nice burst + Focus Aura accuracy bonus), however it's so far unkillable. I miss hits to crit from zerker though. Kind Wayfarer/Zerker could be nice too, but it doesn't add up from role play perspective at all :D :D (yes, I still roleplay even on powerbuilds).

Got to Neketaka no problem so far. Just make sure you take companions to party to rob them from equipment and then kick them.

Is bleak walker/zerker (or zerker/skald) soloable (potd diff) do you think? Or not enough healing? I'm ok with some deaths/reloads as long as I'm not dying constantly. Was planning on trying one of those but I primarily solo. Thanks for your input!!

I am trying now solo PotD with new solo build. It's simillar so far in concept to my Nirvana Build from POE1 solo. So far working really good:

Moon Godlike, Kind Wayfarer/Shattered Pillar with High Athletics for second wind and Lay on Hands. 

High Might for healing bonus and damage, High Perception to ensure hits on early levels. 

So far working really well with Moon Silver Tide Heal (3x time during fight if my health is dropping), Flames of Devotion heal, second wind heal and Lay on Hands heal. Monk dmg + fast attack speed works really well. Since it solo I will probably invest more in Paladin defensive passives and his passive that increase all healing received. Later when I will get Torment Reach I will finally start to have easier time with group of enemies because it lacks AOE now. Damage is nowhere that impressive as on Pillar/Zerker or Bleak Walker/Zerker (it's still ok because monk is great and FoD offers nice burst + Focus Aura accuracy bonus), however it's so far unkillable. I miss hits to crit from zerker though. Kind Wayfarer/Zerker could be nice too, but it doesn't add up from role play perspective at all :D :D (yes, I still roleplay even on powerbuilds).

Got to Neketaka no problem so far. Just make sure you take companions to party to rob them from equipment and then kick them.

Is bleak walker/zerker (or zerker/skald) soloable (potd diff) do you think? Or not enough healing? I'm ok with some deaths/reloads as long as I'm not dying constantly. Was planning on trying one of those but I primarily solo. Thanks for your input!!

In my opinion is, especially if you take Moon Godlike because it heals you 3x times through Hurt, Bloodied and Near Death. But it's not a must. It will struggle a little sometimes and in early game it's hard to play with Frenzy. However later in game it has great damage potential with Blood Thris + Bloodlust and 40% hits convert to crits: Beacon + Spirit Tornado -> Brand -> FoD -> Barbarian Blow (all proc Carnage) is great combo. You still have Lay on Hands, its upgrade later, Second Wind and Savage Defiance so heal is there. 

However, since I did not yet finish game, the question is if end-game will be CC heavy like it was in POE endless path. The reason some classes were not that good for solo was the amount of CC enemies could dish out.

Hence why Paladin might be great choice for end-game as he has tons of passive talents that makes him immune or resistant to many things.

Generally I think everything is soloable, just easier or harder.

Edited by Voltron

Or beacon + Suicide Immolation ;)

It deals too much damage to you sadly :/. Shame cause I like the concept but I have no idea why you'd want to use it at all.

Out of curiosity, why Shattered Pillar for solo? If you're going to get hit anyway, wouldn't it be better to get Wounds passively from that and have a higher Wound max for the "stacks based on how many Wounds you have" buffs? Or is Shattered Pillar just faster at building up Wounds and/or better in some other way?

Out of curiosity, why Shattered Pillar for solo? If you're going to get hit anyway, wouldn't it be better to get Wounds passively from that and have a higher Wound max for the "stacks based on how many Wounds you have" buffs? Or is Shattered Pillar just faster at building up Wounds and/or better in some other way?

It's because the only thing that really benefits from Wounds stack is Turning Wheel or Iron Wheel. And both are imo not worth loosing super fast wounds building of Pillar and it's definitely not worth takin 5% more dmg per wound from Hellwalker, since it's just not worth at all.

Nalpazca could probably beat every monk in end game with max investment in Alchemy. But so far I am not sure if you are able to craft dugs all the time to use it every fight. Because if you can spam drugs- then nah, I prefer things that are available to use all the time, not from time to time.

Shattered Pillar wounds on damage means that pretty much one attack generates max wounds, so you can Spam Torment Reach all the time as it will also generate wounds, which will each time proc Rooting Pain. Rooting pain proc each time you get wound- so all the time with Pillar. Combine Rooting Pain with for example Carnage and you have constant AOE raw dmg around.

Also stacking defense/armor etc. has no dimishing return on Pillar because you don't have to be hit to gain wounds. If enemies miss you too much- you get less wounds- less Rooting Pain, Less Torment Reach- less dps. While on Pillar you can be glad that enemies miss you or graze you :D

So imo Shattered Pillar is the best till I find method to have infinite drugs. It's reliable, has always max wounds and don't rely on taking damage to do more damage.

Edited by Voltron

PL7 spells with crits from wizard/assasin will outdamage same spells at PL9 from pure wizard... But PL 8 & 9 have some nice damage spells e.g. meteors.

Some fun combos:

Devoted/soulblade: charge + soul anihilation + cleave + repeat

Berserker/wizard: citzals lance with carnage and bloodthirst is fun, good returns on int invested and durable with wiz buffs

Paladin/wizard: the tankiest bastard in the game until buffs run out

Paladin/priest of Wael: more or less the same

Devoted/skald: aoe paralyze + charge with a ton of crits + repeat

Evoker/assassin: smoke veil - stealth - nuke. In the end, pure wizard might be better though

Berserker/Skald is also crazy good. AOE Paralyze-> Leap -> Ton of damage and crits, zerker passive with Sklad Phrases and buffs. And fits nicely from roleplay perspective :).

How does this work outside of solo play? Chants buffing the enemy/hurting your party is a significant downside.

PL7 spells with crits from wizard/assasin will outdamage same spells at PL9 from pure wizard... But PL 8 & 9 have some nice damage spells e.g. meteors.

Some fun combos:

Berserker/wizard: citzals lance with carnage and bloodthirst is fun, good returns on int invested and durable with wiz buffs

Evoker/assassin: smoke veil - stealth - nuke. In the end, pure wizard might be better though

Berserker/Skald is also crazy good. AOE Paralyze-> Leap -> Ton of damage and crits, zerker passive with Sklad Phrases and buffs. And fits nicely from roleplay perspective :).

How does this work outside of solo play? Chants buffing the enemy/hurting your party is a significant downside.

You mean Berserker friendly fire from confusion? You just eat snvef before fight or make rest of your party range. When I was playing with party I was using everyone to buff/heal me so I can destroy enemies. 

Also what buffing enemies? Berserker only makes Carnage work as friendly fire. Everything else works normal lol.

Edited by Voltron

Shattered Pillar wounds on damage means that pretty much one attack generates max wounds, so you can Spam Torment Reach all the time as it will also generate wounds, which will each time proc Rooting Pain. Rooting pain proc each time you get wound- so all the time with Pillar. Combine Rooting Pain with for example Carnage and you have constant AOE raw dmg around.

Oh wow, okay, I had no idea Shattered Pillar could generate wounds that quickly.

Side note: I'm kind of curious how a Shattered Pillar/Skald multiclass would work. It's obviously not going to be as offensively powerful as some of the other multiclasses in this thread, but it seems like gaining phrases on crits (plus cheaper offensive invocations) could let you spam offensive invocations to a comical degree. The paralysis cone one even gives you more chances to crit, which means more phrases, which means more invocations...

Not sure if it's better than Shattered Pillar/Barbarian or even just pure Shattered Pillar's ability to spam Torment's Reach, but it seems like it could be really cool.

Oh wow, okay, I had no idea Shattered Pillar could generate wounds that quickly.

Side note: I'm kind of curious how a Shattered Pillar/Skald multiclass would work. It's obviously not going to be as offensively powerful as some of the other multiclasses in this thread, but it seems like gaining phrases on crits (plus cheaper offensive invocations) could let you spam offensive invocations to a comical degree. The paralysis cone one even gives you more chances to crit, which means more phrases, which means more invocations...

Not sure if it's better than Shattered Pillar/Barbarian or even just pure Shattered Pillar's ability to spam Torment's Reach, but it seems like it could be really cool.

It could work, yes. Skald is generally strong with any melee, but since he has 50% chance to get +1 Phrases on Crit I think he would work really great with Zerker and his 30% Hits to Crit passive.

I generally think that Shattered Pillar is best class to combo melee multiclasses right now. Second would be Zerker and Rogue and 3rd Bleak Walker/Paladin. They just give so much good stuff to melee combat it's crazy. 

Rogues have crazy single target dps, but they rely on stealth, which I don't like as it slows combat for me and they struggle vs group of enemies, unless you combine them with some AOE classes like Monk or Devoted.

• Like 1

Voltron, i saw this fanatic build

Could be fine? only 6 on con? :blink:

That 6 con is kind of imo worrying, but on the other hand he is using Moon Godlike which can offset that and Fanatic can be quite tanky. I personally don't like having penalties to any rolls so I try not to dump stats unless after beating game I will see that there is like 2-3 fights where my XXX rolls were required so then I will maybe dump it. Also that is the last subclass I would take for Paladin- imo Kind Wayfarer or Bleak Walker offers much more. One gives superb healing and other one additional lash + debuff to enemies.

But like the general idea behind building fanatic is correct.

Edited by Voltron

Some fun combos:

You mean Berserker friendly fire from confusion? You just eat snvef before fight or make rest of your party range. When I was playing with party I was using everyone to buff/heal me so I can destroy enemies.

Also what buffing enemies? Berserker only makes Carnage work as friendly fire. Everything else works normal lol.

You sure? I'm pretty sure it has been discussed in other threads and chants/auras should affect enemies aswell while you are confused

It could work, yes. Skald is generally strong with any melee, but since he has 50% chance to get +1 Phrases on Crit I think he would work really great with Zerker and his 30% Hits to Crit passive.

I generally think that Shattered Pillar is best class to combo melee multiclasses right now. Second would be Zerker and Rogue and 3rd Bleak Walker/Paladin. They just give so much good stuff to melee combat it's crazy. 

Rogues have crazy single target dps, but they rely on stealth, which I don't like as it slows combat for me and they struggle vs group of enemies, unless you combine them with some AOE classes like Monk or Devoted.

Yeah, that's a good point about Berserker with Skald--probably a more flavorful combination, too.

It's a tough choice for me between multiclassing Shattered Pillar with another melee class or just going pure. I want access to those very cool high-level abilities and earlier Torment's Reach, but at the same time it seems like I'm leaving some very good multiclass options just lying there.

Some fun combos:

You sure? I'm pretty sure it has been discussed in other threads and chants/auras should affect enemies aswell while you are confused

Description says only about Carnage. It wouldn't make sense that it affects other subclass spells. Unless there is some bug. Also by taking drug Snef (or hows its called) before fight you counter confusion anyway. Or taking Mental Fortress.