[Powerbuilding] Strongest builds that are still viable from beta?

As title says: what are strongest/most broken builds as for now? Game just released but I guess couple of broken builds as always passed from beta to full release.

Most broken? Shattered pillar

Elaborate please?

Because he can shatter pillars ;)

Just kidding, Monk is pretty strong in the beta because they have best autoattacks, better when u pick Nature Godlike. Also once u upgrade Torment Reach it does aoe Stun, as a Shattered Pillar u generate wound by damaging enemy, so u can spam aoe Stun which is pretty cheesy. His ultimate is pretty strong too, Whipser of the Wind = 6 full attack against 6 enemy and as a Shattered Pillar u can also spam these. Monk also has nice modal and passive, but sine u usually spam all your wounds, it won't do much. 

A Nalpazca is pretty strong too because with high alchemy drug last very long. U can generate wound per 3 sec with drugs on. Pretty sweet when combine with 10 Int, 50% fire damage bonus from modal, u can also stack another 30% lightning lash from Lightning strike. Or pick Swift Flurry + Passive to stack 25+33% chance to do extra hit when crit.

Overall Monk has good abilities from early game to late game.

• Like 1

Some other pretty broken combo I played in beta is for example a Devoted/Soulblade. The most broken ability in beta is Cleave stance, it allows fighers to trigger a full attack to every enemy around when kill an enemy. It can instantly max your focus. Then u can use Soul Annihilation which is the core ability of Soulblade to do another kill blow, which triggers more cleave...

Other build is pretty strong for example Devoted/Bleakwalker, Bleakwalker/Assassin. But both FoD and Rogue is nerfed recently, FoD gives 50%->30%->25% fire damage now. It's upgraded version gives only 10% fire bonus only which is pretty meh. But the combo is still pretty strong because backstabbing with Assassin is just powerful.

Also I found a Helwalker/Kind Wayfarer to be strong because Helwalker gives +10 Might when max wound, which makes u heal and hit harder. You receive 50% additional damage but since u are healed with White Flame(FoD heals team members), it's quite tanky.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

Elaborate please?

Just kidding, Monk is pretty strong in the beta because they have best autoattacks, better when u pick Nature Godlike. Also once u upgrade Torment Reach it does aoe Stun, as a Shattered Pillar u generate wound by damaging enemy, so u can spam aoe Stun which is pretty cheesy. His ultimate is pretty strong too, Whipser of the Wind = 6 full attack against 6 enemy and as a Shattered Pillar u can also spam these. Monk also has nice modal and passive, but sine u usually spam all your wounds, it won't do much. 

A Nalpazca is pretty strong too because with high alchemy drug last very long. U can generate wound per 3 sec with drugs on. Pretty sweet when combine with 10 Int, 50% fire damage bonus from modal, u can also stack another 30% lightning lash from Lightning strike. Or pick Swift Flurry + Passive to stack 25+33% chance to do extra hit when crit.

Thanks. Was thinking about combining Shattered Pillar with (or Nalpazca it seems) with Streetfighter (for solo play for all those nice bonuses from being flanked etc), Cipher (Soul Blade and Ascendant) or Skald. What do you think?

Edited by Voltron

Elaborate please?

Thanks. Was thinking about combining Shattered Pillar with (or Nalpazca it seems) with Berserker, Streetfighter (for solo play for all those nice bonuses from being flanked etc), Cipher or Skald. What do you think?

All sounds solid to me, but I would single class it to get these sweet high level ability earlier.

• Like 1

Elaborate please?

Thanks. Was thinking about combining Shattered Pillar with (or Nalpazca it seems) with Berserker, Streetfighter (for solo play for all those nice bonuses from being flanked etc), Cipher or Skald. What do you think?

All sounds solid to me, but I would single class it to get these sweet high level ability earlier.

Honestly it's hard for me to go single class with that great new multi system in PoE2 :D. But I know some single will always be power houses, same like Sorcerer was always strongest in the end in BG2 though some multis were super strong too.

• Like 1

I mean if you multi class just make sure to pick a broken one, I feel like 2/3rds of the multi classes are definitely deficient to the single classes, but that might just be me. It depends on the math because +2 power levels probably outweighs some of the multi classes but not all, power levels only gives you +15% damage, while biting whip alone gives you more than that.  

edit: Also holy **** I just read mob stance for the first time, how much was that nerfed from the beta exactly?  That looks bloody insane

Edited by Urthor

I mean if you multi class just make sure to pick a broken one, I feel like 2/3rds of the multi classes are definitely deficient to the single classes, but that might just be me. It depends on the math because +2 power levels probably outweighs some of the multi classes but not all, power levels only gives you +15% damage, while biting whip alone gives you more than that.  

edit: Also holy **** I just read mob stance for the first time, how much was that nerfed from the beta exactly?  That looks bloody insane

That's the plan. Hence why I am looking for advice.

What is mob stance? 

Some other pretty broken combo I played in beta is for example a Devoted/Soulblade. The most broken ability in beta is Cleave stance, it allows fighers to trigger a full attack to every enemy around when kill an enemy. It can instantly max your focus. Then u can use Soul Annihilation which is the core ability of Soulblade to do another kill blow, which triggers more cleave...

Other build is pretty strong for example Devoted/Bleakwalker, Bleakwalker/Assassin. But both FoD and Rogue is nerfed recently, FoD gives 50%->30%->25% fire damage now. It's upgraded version gives only 10% fire bonus only which is pretty meh. But the combo is still pretty strong because backstabbing with Assassin is just powerful.

Also I found a Helwalker/Kind Wayfarer to be strong because Helwalker gives +10 Might when max wound, which makes u heal and hit harder. You receive 50% additional damage but since u are healed with White Flame(FoD heals team members), it's quite tanky.

Bleakwalker/Assassin sounds fun- sort of a Black Guard from DnD. But wouldn't it lack penetration and self-sustain? Also AOE-multi enemy damage. 

Devoted/Soul Blade looks great with that stance though. I wonder how well Devoted/Streetfighter would work in solo 

Beckoner paladin with shared flames, any melee class with a Soulblade is pretty strong, etc. 

Isn't this stronger with Beckoner plus a Paladin in your party, because caster class.  Are there any other synergie apart from shared flames?

Also another broken combo need to mention in beta is. Monk Swift Flurry + Rod, or Swift Flury + Kalakoth's Minor Blight or Citzal's Lance. Or Swift Flurry + Driving Flight. 

Basically any attack that target more than one enemy can be used with Swift Flurry to create this combo. The mechanism is Swift Flurry has a chance to trigger another attack when u crit. And if you attack multiple target, the chance to trigger attack is largely increased. The OP thing is every hit it triggered hit multiple target, and cause a cascading effect.

You can check this video if u interested in the combo, this is not fixed in beta 4 btw:

Edited by dunehunter

Also another broken combo need to mention in beta is. Monk Swift Flurry + Rod, or Swift Flury + Kalakoth's Minor Blight or Citzal's Lance. Or Swift Flurry + Driving Flight. 

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=qQgaYq1WYcY

Those are skills/spells from what classes? Also that link to YT does not work for me, takes me to my own videos on YT.

Also Ascendant seems strong with good AOE class like Zerker or Devoted.

Edited by Voltron

If I were to roll this Shattered Pillar monk, how should I place my attributes?  Also, do you think that a pure Shattered Pillar is stronger than a pure Helwalker when paired with the Nature Godlike?

If I were to roll this Shattered Pillar monk, how should I place my attributes?  Also, do you think that a pure Shattered Pillar is stronger than a pure Helwalker when paired with the Nature Godlike?

Max might, rest wherever you like in dex/con/per/int, depending on whether you want durability, speed, accuracy or ability duration.

As a single class? Yes, easily. Helwalker *needs* multiclassing, as it is too fragile to survive in melee as a single class, and cannot stay out of melee easily until The Long Pain becomes available. The above-mentioned kind wayfarer + helwalker combo is one way to offset the fragility.

So guys, now that both assassin and Flames of Devotion have been nerfed, what are some other good combos for a melee rogue that won't be too squishy?  Is Beguiler even a worthwhile class? (seems pretty weak to me, sure, a bit more focus on confusion spells, but everything else is a malus mostly, and the ranged buff is useless if you're going to be a melee character).

Also, how about a Priest of Wael? Seems like a silly powerful class whatever you pair it with, but would especially rule with a monk or paladin orrrr assassin maybe? Still struggling to not make the obvious power-choice of Devoted/Soulblade cause Devoted is just damned boring as hell and I have no idea what weapons I'd be missing out on. Rogue still seems the most fun but I want an all round effective and fun to play melee character, so I'm open for any suggestions :)

What's the best choice for Devoted right now?  Soul Blade?  I'm going to avoid the nature godlike monk until future playthroughs I think and go devoted (longsword) for my first playthrough.  I'm assuming fists never made it to the weapon focus picks.