Got Pillairs of Eternity 2 (hardcopy) a few hours ago and tried to install it.

On installation it asked for steam account and then downloaded like 16 GB. I feel like it is ignoring my DVDs and tries to download it a whole.

Near end I got the following message:

During install there is an error (missing folder rights). E is the DVD Drive directory.

steam_fehler.png

What to do now?

What do you mean "hardcopy"?  There is no such thing.  Even the physical edition of the game comes with a Steam Key, not an install CD, and physical rewards were delayed.

Well  I am curious how people are getting physical copies since 1: that isn't how it is supposed to work, and 2: they have already stated physical goods are delayed.

That said, I doubt the cd has anything on it other than a key letting you install the game via steam.  The preload is 16gb, if you got to 16 gb and it stopped it sounds like you need to wait for the real release time then the preload can be completed.

Real release is roughly 5 hours and a handful of minutes from the time of this post.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 2

Some people in Europe have already gotten their hands on retail copies of Deadfire. They come with install DVDs, but  it's still necessary to wait until the game gets released on Steam. I think there may be a way to force Steam to install the game from the DVDs, but I'm not sure. Try to disable your internet connection before installing the game, for instance.

However, regardless of your success in installing the game, you will have to wait until the evening, though. 5 hours from now.

• Like 5

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Installing game on Steam from physical media:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5357-FSQM-0382

Don't forget that you will still have to wait for the game to get released.

• Like 2

Heja Sverige!!

Tried the solution and the error appears again. Looks like i have n permission to load certain files from DVD.

I recommend you wait until the game gets released (19h). If the problem persists after that, say something.

• Like 1

Heja Sverige!!

Tried the solution and the error appears again. Looks like i have n permission to load certain files from DVD.

I recommend you wait until the game gets released (19h). If the problem persists after that, say something.

It’s out in less than 4 hours, my friend.

It's out at 19h. 7pm.

So not too long to wait.

Heja Sverige!!

It's out at 19h. 7pm.

So not too long to wait.

Oh I thought by 19h, you meant 19 hours. Sorry for misunderstanding. I’m too used to reading 12hr time or formatted like 19:00 or something.