Final install size is 39GB, iirc. The requirements say 45GB needed.

Hrm, and preload isn't even half that?

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Hrm, and preload isn't even half that?

Steam downloads are usually less than half the total, un-compressed size until fully downloaded/installed. They are very efficient with their file architecture. 

• Like 2

Seems quite a lot for a pretty game but no 3d monster...is that from all the voice files?

As mentioned, all the game is 3D models. 

I actually looked around and honestly the voice folder is only 6GB - quite a bit less of the overall game's footprint than I'd expected. Just a ton of high quality, high resolution art assets (maps, effects, models and animation, etc.) I would imagine make up the vast bulk of the required size.

Seems quite a lot for a pretty game but no 3d monster...is that from all the voice files?

I actually looked around and honestly the voice folder is only 6GB - quite a bit less of the overall game's footprint than I'd expected. Just a ton of high quality, high resolution art assets (maps, effects, models and animation, etc.) I would imagine make up the vast bulk of the required size.

Only the Characters are 3d models. At least in this backer update:

https://youtu.be/oiep0wYfQPQ?t=38

I actually meant "all the game's actors". 

I actually meant "all the game's actors". 

Sorry, I tought you meant all ingame scenario. But anyway, games like The Witcher 3 are full 3d and their weight is 30gb, so don´t know what is so heavy in the game.

Wouldn’t 2d background be more space consuming than rendering 3D? Rendering is heavier on the machine, but high definition imagine takes tons of space. That’s why games which use prerendered cinematic tend to be a huge download. Combine it with full VO and actual game ending files and big instal is not surprising.

Ah ha!  6GB save files confirmed! :p

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: