Two questiobs about savegame import

Guest FireGodLike

Hello there!

I looked for an appropriate thread but I didn't find one. So this will be my first thread I'll start here.

1)I played a fire godlike with origins from the deadfire archipelago. Will there be any recognition? Will my char know some people there?

2) the latest savegame is close to the decision to what happens to the souls. If I import the latest savegame, does the game know what decision I made there? Or do I have to choose again?

Thanks in advance!

1. May be the odd conversation option that is linked to a Deadfire origin. But it won't be extensive. You have to remake your character from scratch anyway, as part of the introduction.

2. The import uses a .endgame savefile, generated after you finish the game (and get the slides), not a normal save file.

• Like 2

Guest FireGodLike

1. May be the odd conversation option that is linked to a Deadfire origin. But it won't be extensive. You have to remake your character from scratch anyway, as part of the introduction.

2. The import uses a .endgame savefile, generated after you finish the game (and get the slides), not a normal save file.

Thanks for your response!

Ad 1) yeah, this might be an option! Would have been great, if a char had some friends oder family connections there!

Ad 2) where to find this endgame file? I found the others savegames but I'm not sure at the moment, if there was sth like endgame.

Ad 1) yeah, this might be an option! Would have been great, if a char had some friends oder family connections there!

Ad 2) where to find this endgame file? I found the others savegames but I'm not sure at the moment, if there was sth like endgame.

1. Not likely to be anything like family or friend connections. More a case of your personal knowledge because of a Deadfire origin, may give you an extra conversation option at one point (and it may only be one option, or even none, in the entire game).

2. Apologies, it's gamecomplete.savegame and it should be with your savegames. It should be generated if you've reached the end slides, though if you haven't finished the DLC first, it may not have been generated.

2) It should be in the same folder as the rest of the savegames. In practice you don't need to fiddle with it - as long as it is in there, and the folder is in the right place, Deadfire should be able to find it when you try to import.

I also have some questions that I'm not sure of, I'll pin myself in here, if You don't mind :)

1. I have a few endgame saves, I suppose I'll be able to choose the one I want to import, will I?

2. I recently made my "perfect" playthrough, but one tiny thing didn't worked out exactly like I wanted to. So, is it possible to change it after I import my savegame?

Guest FireGodLike

1. Not likely to be anything like family or friend connections. More a case of your personal knowledge because of a Deadfire origin, may give you an extra conversation option at one point (and it may only be one option, or even none, in the entire game).

2. Apologies, it's gamecomplete.savegame and it should be with your savegames. It should be generated if you've reached the end slides, though if you haven't finished the DLC first, it may not have been generated.

Ad 1) thanks! Still hoping for something! But I won't be disappointed if there is any.

Ad 2) I finished both DlCs before I really started the third act.I then finished the game. Then I reloaded before I started the last act to finish two sidequests and did the last act again with all the choices at the end. Did this overwrite the gamecomplete from the first playthrough? Or do I have to be careful what to choose?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks in advanceM

I also have some questions that I'm not sure of, I'll pin myself in here, if You don't mind :)

1. I have a few endgame saves, I suppose I'll be able to choose the one I want to import, will I?

2. I recently made my "perfect" playthrough, but one tiny thing didn't worked out exactly like I wanted to. So, is it possible to change it after I import my savegame?

1. I do believe so yes, for me at least I have multiple endgame saves (one for each character).

2. No, imported saves are final and choices can't be changed.

• Like 2

I will totaly not use my endgame save becuse i fked all companions pritty mutch and i want to atleast play with Pallegina, or she still shows up even tho i did not recrute her in first game? 

1)I played a fire godlike with origins from the deadfire archipelago. Will there be any recognition? Will my char know some people there?

Importing save imports choices only. You will be creating character from cratch anyway. Backgrounds do get reactivity. If you recreate your character and give him “Deadfire” background you will get the reactivity. Whom you played in PoE1 won’t matter.

I will totaly not use my endgame save becuse i fked all companions pritty mutch and i want to atleast play with Pallegina, or she still shows up even tho i did not recrute her in first game?

Companions who are dead, stay dead. If Eder/Aloth/Pallegina died they won’t join you for the sequel. Luckily for you, there is save editor if you want to create a “perfect save” or you can choose one of the premade saves.

I am wondering if my full playthrough save on Steam version POE will port to the GOG version of POE2 with no problems?

Saves are stored in the same place for both platforms. You should have no problems.
  • Like 2

Importing save imports choices only. You will be creating character from cratch anyway. Backgrounds do get reactivity. If you recreate your character and give him “Deadfire” background you will get the reactivity. Whom you played in PoE1 won’t matter.

Companions who are dead, stay dead. If Eder/Aloth/Pallegina died they won’t join you for the sequel. Luckily for you, there is save editor if you want to create a “perfect save” or you can choose one of the premade saves.

I am wondering if my full playthrough save on Steam version POE will port to the GOG version of POE2 with no problems?

Saves are stored in the same place for both platforms. You should have no problems.

Bless you <3.

Guest FireGodLike

Thanks for your response! I understand what you mean! That sounds meaningful!

Edit I hope that was kind of a like!

Edited by FireGodLike

I never understood why people want a "perfect" savegame. I played through the first game 5 times and have my mind set out for my Mage. I actually did some odd choices and it was not a happy ending, but more like a bittersweet one.. I think the beauty of rpgs with choices are the fact, that you your choices actually have consequences also for future settings. I tried to play my char as neutral as possible and with a great hate for all "selfmade" gods.

• Like 1

I never understood why people want a "perfect" savegame. I played through the first game 5 times and have my mind set out for my Mage. I actually did some odd choices and it was not a happy ending, but more like a bittersweet one.. I think the beauty of rpgs with choices are the fact, that you your choices actually have consequences also for future settings. I tried to play my char as neutral as possible and with a great hate for all "selfmade" gods.

Sure, but you might prefer certain outcomes more than others. If you are really curious what will happen if..., you can make this scenario happen. If I were planning to do one playthrough only, I would regret suppressing Iselmyr, or not kidnapping orlan baby. As is, I will leave those for later playthoughs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/8hjtcm/anyone_else_accidentally_bring_the_baby_in_im/dylxow5

https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/8hjtcm/anyone_else_accidentally_bring_the_baby_in_im/dym36xb

Obsidian3 points·16 hours ago

Hey all, threadjacking here: this is a known issue with a couple of other Pillars 1 history importing issues in the current build. We fixed them, but the fixes won't be ready for day 1. We'll get them into our first patch/hotfix.

Obsidian3 points·14 hours ago

No problem. Keep in mind that the issue doesn't affect everyone, just some people. Of course, that's still unacceptable, so we're getting it rolled out as soon as we can. The hotfix schedule has our first update going out next Tuesday, 5/15, but that's not a hard date. Might be a little sooner or a little later.

If you have the baby, better test if she is on the first beach location(next to Eld Engrim), if she's not use legacy creator. At least this is what I will do.

Safest route seems to be legacy creator/premade legacies tho, who knows if there are more save import bugs.

• Like 1

Sure, but you might prefer certain outcomes more than others. If you are really curious what will happen if..., you can make this scenario happen. If I were planning to do one playthrough only, I would regret suppressing Iselmyr, or not kidnapping orlan baby. As is, I will leave those for later playthoughs.

Well I know that sooner or later I will reply this game.. it might be 6 months it might be a year, but I most likley will, then it would give me the option to start over and try some weird premade outcome.