No, unfortunately this is a bad pick. Once you trigger Parrying Blade (modal) you'll get -25% for both daggers but only +10 deflection against melee. And you only can trigger it on/off for both daggers, not seperately.

For eaxample: with a rapier + dagger (using Parrying Blade) you would also get +10 deflection against melee but only -25% damage for the dagger (not the rapier).

Bummer! So they should either allow to trigger both weapons' modal seperately or stack the deflection (which they probably won't because it's an active buff and thus shouldn't stack).

Edit: this is beta4 - maybe it got fixed in the final release version.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 2 months later...

No, unfortunately this is a bad pick. Once you trigger Parrying Blade (modal) you'll get -25% for both daggers but only +10 deflection against melee. And you only can trigger it on/off for both daggers, not seperately.

For eaxample: with a rapier + dagger (using Parrying Blade) you would also get +10 deflection against melee but only -25% damage for the dagger (not the rapier).

Bummer! So they should either allow to trigger both weapons' modal seperately or stack the deflection (which they probably won't because it's an active buff and thus shouldn't stack).

Edit: this is beta4 - maybe it got fixed in the final release version.

Necroing this thread after a forum search - does anyone know if dual wielding daggers with the parrying blade modal now stacks after patches 1.1/1.2? Seems like a poorly balanced option for a lot of dagger rogue builds if both daggers get -25% damage but only one provides the +10 deflection.

No idea. Didn't test it again after the patches. I hope they fix(ed) it though and that you can trigger both hands' modals seperately even if it's the same modal/weapon type.

Edited by Boeroer

Nope, they don't. I just double-checked to be sure. But for that to be the case, they'd also have to change the stacking rules, so I don't see that happening anytime soon. To be honest I don't think they'll change it at all, though if they do my guess would be that they'd split it across the daggers (ie. -12.5% each). That's likely the easiest change to make. 

That, or just give the user two modal buttons - one for each dagger. So you could activate one and leave the other inactivated. That way you would get -25% damage only on one dagger but still +10 deflection. I think this would be the easiest change given that it's normal to have two modal buttons if you carry different weapons (like rapier + dagger).

But having -12.5% on both would also be nice. Even nicer maybe. However, they have to do something. In the current state it's just unintentionally bad.

Thanks for checking by the way! :)

Edited by Boeroer