What happens if a character falls in battle?

If you go down (and don't have too many injuries) you'll get an injury and collapse but you can be received by abilities. After the fight ends you will get up and heal lost health - but the injuries can only be healed with resting.

Injuries give you maluses like reduced accuracy and whatnot. There are several different of them.

If you get knocked out with the maximum of injuries you are dead as a dead mouse and will be removed from the game.

If that's the main char it means game over.

If all party members get knocked out in combat it's also game over.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

so in short m8, cure them wounds before you lose a companion or your own char to death.

this also means that if its a very prolonged fight ressurecting companions or your main MC might not allways be the best choice until after battle, at that point you can then rest and cure wounds.

Edited by Iceborg1307

If you go down (and don't have too many injuries) you'll get an injury and collapse but you can be received by abilities. After the fight ends you will get up and heal lost health - but the injuries can only be healed with resting.

Injuries give you maluses like reduced accuracy and whatnot. There are several different of them.

If you get knocked out with the maximum of injuries you are dead as a dead mouse and will be removed from the game.

gotta ask but by injuries do you just mean shortened HP or is it something new that if you say break all body parts you can also perma die ?, sorry the way you explain it is making me wonder.

gotta ask but by injuries do you just mean shortened HP or is it something new that if you say break all body parts you can also perma die ?, sorry the way you explain it is making me wonder.

Broken arm might be -5 Dex, Concussion might be -5 Int, etc. I'm sure someone has a list (or will have a list) of the actual injuries, but that should give you an idea.

Broken arm might be -5 Dex, Concussion might be -5 Int, etc. I'm sure someone has a list (or will have a list) of the actual injuries, but that should give you an idea.

think you read what i asked wrong did not ask wound descriptions asked about perma death.

think you read what i asked wrong did not ask wound descriptions asked about perma death.

If you die, you gain an injury, which will affect 1 or more stats (which may or may not include max health). You can still be revived during combat, or you'll automatically revive after combat.

If you gain 5 injuries, the next time you die, it's permanent. No revival and game over if it's the Main Character.

To remove one or more injuries, you have to rest.

Does that help?

• Like 1

Ok, still need some clarification for the main character falling. If your main character falls (means 0 HP) but your companions are alive, does this mean if they win the fight it is ok still to continue the game? Does It mean the first 4 times your main character reach 0 HP you still continue as he only has 4 injuries and can be revived and healed?

You don't exactly "die" when you go down/get knocked out (once health drops to 0). You will be unconcious (not dead) and you will get up after the fight or when somebody "revives" you.

However, every knockout will come with an injury. An injury will ony go away if you rest with food (hardtack is enough to remove all injuries).

If you have 3 (not 5) injuries and again get knocked out you will die (permadeath).

I hope this clears it up.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ok, still need some clarification for the main character falling. If your main character falls (means 0 HP) but your companions are alive, does this mean if they win the fight it is ok still to continue the game? Does It mean the first 4 times your main character reach 0 HP you still continue as he only has 4 injuries and can be revived and healed?

Yes, the MC is allowed to fall unconscious (0 hp), providing they haven't reached maximum injuries and so long as the other companions win the battle, it's all good.

If you have 3 (not 5) injuries and again get knocked out you will die (permadeath).

Thanks for the correction, I thought I saw 5 quoted elsewhere, my bad.

Can you dumb it down a bit me still no understand... so how can a character get knocked down? Banana skins on the battlefield?

When a character reaches 0 health in a battle, they are knocked unconcious and recieve an injury. They can still be revived by certain skills, but the injury remains. Any injury past the 3rd means death for the character.

Don’t die.

Can you dumb it down a bit me still no understand... so how can a character get knocked down? Banana skins on the battlefield?

That is one method.  You also have to be  careful of the Dwarf Against Obsidian Front in game, as they have ankle biter units which can cause you to fall down as well.  They are out to make the game hell and force Obsidian to include a dwarf as full companion in Eternity 3.

• Like 1