In Deadfire you can simply type a letter like "A" and then hit <tab> and the console will cycle through all commands that start with that letter. This way you can discover all commands if you wish so if you don't know what else to do. Usually I just type "giv" or "add" or "att" andthen hit <tab> - it makes testing stuff out so fast it's a breeze. Thanks Obsisian for that new and decent feature. It was also in PoE, but it didn't work that well.

Does tabbing bring up all the ability name aswell? I want to mess around a bit with subclasses but i dont know the various names of all the sub ability for the subclasses

Anyone knows how to make AddAbility work in game. It shows this command but I can't add anything. Maybe now you need to type ability differently. I wanted to try out something in build without having to start over.

what you need to enter is something like this:

AddAbility Player_Max (this is your character name) abilityname

Tab does work on ability names, and the capitalization for name of the character matters but not the capitalization of the ability name.

• Like 1

After a while of tinkering I figured out how to work the command:

CompanionAddRelationship Companion_Aloth(Clone) Player_Watcher positive major 1

Switch out 'Watcher' for your watcher's name and spam the command a few times to raise the level of relationship. As far as I can tell +2 is the highest you can have it at, the other half of the circle would be filled with red if you were disliking each other and woud fill to a maximum of -2

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

Skill Player_[WatcherName] [skill] [value]

AttributeScore Player_[WatcherName] [attributename] [value]

Substitute Companion_[CompanionName](Clone) for a companion.

Examples:

Skill Player_Tarlonniel mechanics 25

AttributeScore Player_Tarlonniel might 25

Skill Companion_Aloth(Clone) mechanics 25

I still can't figure out what skill name to use for Sleight of Hand, though.

Edited by Tarlonniel
  • Like 1

can you tell me how add ability?
Iroll20s
I write command: AddAbility Player_Arhra Marskman
and game response: The command or script AddAbility is not available this time.
Thank you

Same, can anyone help with AddAbility command?

Iroll20s
Thank you

AddAbility Player_Seremoth Sympathy_for_the_Lost worked for me. 

Has anyone figured out how to change the difficulty from Veteran to PotD? Or being able to enable up scaling? Combat for me right now is so dull and easy that it's ruining a lot of the fun for me. I desperately want to get the most out of this game cause I'm in love with it. But the combat is making it so hard to do so. I need a challenge. And I'm not restarting my 35+hour playthrough to get it. Would really appreciate any help on this.

hi does anyone knows the commands for increasing sailor experience? both yours and the crew

GiveSailorTales #

Replace # with whatever number you'd like. This works for the entire active crew (including yourself); any sailor in the resting slot will not receive the xp.

• Like 1

Has anyone figured out how to change the difficulty from Veteran to PotD? Or being able to enable up scaling? Combat for me right now is so dull and easy that it's ruining a lot of the fun for me. I desperately want to get the most out of this game cause I'm in love with it. But the combat is making it so hard to do so. I need a challenge. And I'm not restarting my 35+hour playthrough to get it. Would really appreciate any help on thiDiff

Difficulty 3 will set game difficulty to PotD. I don't know if it will limit you to one save or not, but it does increase combat difficulty. You can even increase it more (to 4 or 10 for example), but I don't know the point at which combat will become impossible.

I haven't figured out the scaling command yet, but I'll keep trying.

Iroll20s
Thank you

Arhra, I got marksman to work for me. Could you have made the same typo in game? (Not trying to be mean or rude, just trying to figure this out).

Voltron, is there a specific ability you're looking for? Most of them follow a pretty straight forward pattern.

AddAbility Player_[Name] [Ability_Name] 

Replace [Name] with your player name and [AbilityName] with the name of the ability separated with underscores if it's more than one word.

As in: AddAbility Player_Gcart Among_The_Waves.

Has anyone figured out how to change the difficulty from Veteran to PotD? Or being able to enable up scaling? Combat for me right now is so dull and easy that it's ruining a lot of the fun for me. I desperately want to get the most out of this game cause I'm in love with it. But the combat is making it so hard to do so. I need a challenge. And I'm not restarting my 35+hour playthrough to get it. Would really appreciate any help on thiDiff

Difficulty 3 will set game difficulty to PotD. I don't know if it will limit you to one save or not, but it does increase combat difficulty. You can even increase it more (to 4 or 10 for example), but I don't know the point at which combat will become impossible.

Hmmm interesting. What do you mean by limiting me to one save or not? Do we know if it causes any other bugs/issues?

Hmmm interesting. What do you mean by limiting me to one save or not? Do we know if it causes any other bugs/issues?

I'm sorry, that was just me being an idiot. I was thinking about the Trial of Iron and somehow mushed that into PotD. I don't know about bugs/issues, I didn't play around with it for an extended period of time. I did try difficulty level 10 and I couldn't cause damage to enemies then, but I was also experimenting with a save from very early in the game.

Console command "Difficulty PathOfTheDamned" works.

To change Level Scaling you need to download the UnityConsole mod from the NEXUS site for PoE2. That mod expands the game's console interface and allows using custom commands, and it comes with a suite of such of which Level Scaling toggling is one; I found the Scaling commands on the mod's "Posts" page.

Edited by aweigh0101